Newbie May 2023 Ontario

Help! Veil or no veil?

Cassandra, on January 29, 2023 at 13:06 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 6
Help! Veil or no veil? 1
Help! Veil or no veil? 2

Help! Veil or no veil? 3

Help! Veil or no veil? 4Help! Veil or no veil? 5

Hi Smiley smile
I really need some help. I can’t decide if I should get a veil or not, I would love to hear your opinions please! Thank you!! Note: We are getting married in a hotel not at a church.
Pros: Traditional, love the sparkle it adds and the cathedral length.
Cons: I plan on wearing the sleeves during the ceremony so I’m worried it’ll look like there’s a lot going on. There is beading on the dress and I’m worried it’ll look too busy.
Much appreciated!!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on January 30, 2023 at 08:51
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I struggle with this as well, only reason I want a veil is for the photos you can do with it.

But looking at your Photos I would recommend Veil as well, and you do not have to keep it on all day, just for the ceremony.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I vote veil! I loveee veils and I feel they really add to the bridal look! I think if you go with a plain cathedral veil it will compliment your dress very nicely! You can also get amazing pictures with a veil so that's another pro!
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My vote is veil! It adds a regalness to the look, and as others have said, you will be taking it off after the ceremony most likely anyway Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The veil looks beautiful with your dress! You don't have to wear it all day just take it off after the ceremony.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm I vote veil always for the most part - I find it just elevates the look...but I do get what you're saying in that it looks like a lot is going on with the sleeves...

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do a veil!! There are tons of different lengths so you don’t even have to do a long dramatic one. I think you will mostly appreciate it for the pictures. I was also trying to decide if I should get one and I decided once some one commented and put a beautiful photo of the couple with the veil in the wind and I decided right there I was going to do a chapel length. Also don’t feel the need to spend 100s at a bridal store when Etsy and Amazon has the exact same ones that look the same in photos for $100 or less!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics