Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie November 2024 Ontario

Wedding Open Houses

Amanda, on December 8, 2022 at 12:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Has anyone heard of venues doing wedding open houses? When my sister got married (pre covid) venue open houses were great because you could see many different places, see the set up, and try the food prior to signing. Hoping in 2023 there will be some!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Joy, on December 19, 2022 at 21:11
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most venues I've talked to have been willing to arrange times to meet, and some include a food tasting as well. If there's a place you'd like to look at, it's pretty likely that you can arrange a time to meet. Then again, I'm in a smaller province where I've never heard of such a thing anyway.

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep an eye on the various bridal shows held inside wedding venues; their booth/area is typically set up to show what they can do for an actual wedding. These are what I know are happening in 2023 (so far).

- Sass is inside Ajax convention centre,
    - Newcastle has one inside their town hall which is also a wedding venue,
    - Royal Ashburn Golf Course [and booking micro visits for brides who come to the show], COST: Free, need to pre-register
    - The RIng Kitchener/Waterloo Wedding Expo is at Bingemans. COST: Free with upgrades for $$
    - The Ring Stratford Wedding Expo is at
    The Best Western Plus The Arden Park Hotel. COST: Free with upgrades for $$
    - The Ring London Wedding Expo is at
    Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre. COST: Free with upgrades for $$
    - The Ring Guelph Wedding Expo is at
    The Grand Guelph Banquet & Event Centre.
    - The Ring Cambridge Wedding Expo is at
    Tapestry Hall
    - Langdon Hall Open House
    - Wedding Show @ Hyatt Regency Toronto
    -
    Château Le Jardin Open House
    - Eglington Grand usually has an Open House

Am sure others will start back up again as well. And As others have stated, some venues will welcome you to come in and see what the space looks like "done" up

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My venue doesn't offer an open house but invited us to come early to see a set up so we can have an idea of what we would like.

I think that is a great way to sell your venue as well. Be interesting to go to one.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of the venues we were considering had an open house during COVID. Call some of the venues you are interested in to confirm...

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our Venue in Burlington has done it and may do it again this year. I thought it was a great idea. I have not attended but we were told if it goes through, all future weddings are invited.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This must be a new thing and sounds great to have the first hand experience of everything of seeing the full set up and getting a food sampling.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics