Skip to main content
Julia
Julia

Strathmore, Alberta · From May 2018

A crazy planner, who wants to make sure everything is perfect and finished two months before the big day! Lets GO!

Happily married 🎉

June 22, 2019

1741days 5hrs
Julia
Help with invitations!!
Julia, On February 27, 2019 at 03:09

We are having our wedding in a small town about an hour outside the city we live in. We have block reserved hotels both in the city as well in the small town. We have guests from out of the city and...

Vinod, wednesday 27-Feb-19 6
Amie
Invitation wording - Advice?
Amie, On November 23, 2018 at 22:13

Hi everyone! My mom passed away unexpectedly and suddenly about a year and a half ago. We were extremely close. My dad is hosting the wedding so I want to honour him with the traditional wording and...

Amie, sunday 25-Nov-18 11
Robyn
Transportation
Robyn, On November 23, 2018 at 17:09

Some of my wedding party (okay, the future in-laws) are making a fuss over transportation. My fiance has a sporty car we are using as our leaving-church vehicle; he will be also be driving to church...

Bianca, wednesday 28-Nov-18 12
Cindy
a couple of Diys
Cindy, On August 1, 2018 at 21:25

So I've been tackling some DIYs...a sign for the mantle, the envelope liner for my invitations, wedding wands, a cake topper and the mr and mrs sign for the headtable. I know I'm a little early but I...

Cindy, sunday 30-Sep-18 22
Jayden
Silk Flower Bouquets
Jayden, On May 16, 2018 at 11:51

I ordered all my flowers from afloral.com they came in super quick! We ordered pre made bouquets, took out some flowers from bridesmaids and added to mine. To make the base thicker we simply hot glued...

Victoria, thursday 4-Oct-18 21
K
Veil or no Veil?
Kim, On September 28, 2018 at 13:43

Just curious how many are wearing a veil... or Not? I have never pictured myself wearing one and so I never bothered to try one on when I bought my dress. But now EVERYONE (including my photographer)...

Taylor, friday 5-Oct-18 19
Alexandra
Photographer no show.
Alexandra, On September 22, 2018 at 04:06

RANT: I’m more than a little pissed right now. So basically our photographer didn’t show up for our engagement photos. Took us half an hour to get in touch with the photographer before we found out he...

Samantha, saturday 29-Sep-18 20
Bell
Outdoor ceremony forecast is cold
Bell, On September 22, 2018 at 21:29

I am so deflated. Our wedding is in 7 days and the forecast says a high of 6 and cloudy 😕 The whole reason we picked the venue (a golf course) was because of the outdoor ceremony space (in a...

Carmela, saturday 29-Sep-18 12
Valérie
Plus One - How Are You Managing It?
Valérie, On September 25, 2018 at 13:24

My FH an I originally wanted to elope, but since I'm an only child it wasn't an option! We're now getting married close to our hometowns with our close family/friends and want to keep our guest list...

Julia, friday 28-Sep-18 16
Tyanna
How do you deal with unprofessional vendors?
Tyanna, On September 26, 2018 at 18:50

Hey everyone, I posted a while ago about being upset that my photographer cancelled my engagement shoot 2 weeks before it was scheduled with no explanation. My FH and I had both booked the day off and...

Melissa, tuesday 2-Oct-18 10
Katrina
Making all my flowers out of satin!
Katrina, On August 12, 2018 at 18:50

It's very time-consuming I totally worth it because they won't die and it's a very cheap it took me a while to really master the look of them but now it's pretty simple plus I get to take the pride in...

Donna, friday 9-Nov-18 17
Kelly
Table Number Ideas
Kelly, On June 11, 2018 at 15:56

DIYers...I can't believe how expensive dumb table numbers are! Our colours are dark green and gold. Our venue has these beautiful wood rectangular tables, and we're doing Italian Ruscus down the...

Julia, sunday 16-Sep-18 31
Genis
Show off my shoes, show me yours!
Genis, On September 9, 2018 at 18:52

Hey guys!! I just ordered my shoes!! I am so excited!! I just wanted to show them off!! Everyone shoe me your shoessss!! I hope they fit & love them as much as I do in person! Im in loveeeee ...

Marleau, thursday 20-Sep-18 35
Joey
When did you move in together?
Joey, On September 13, 2018 at 08:05

When did you and your SO move in together? How long into your relationship was it? Who "proposed" the idea of living together? Who is waiting until after they are married to share a home? Photo by...

Kim, tuesday 18-Sep-18 17
Carina
Service tips
Carina, On September 16, 2018 at 02:23

Hi everyone, I just notice the service tips are not charged on the bill by the venue. Our venue told me to pay service tips to the head server if I would like to do so. How much should I tip? there...

Carina, tuesday 18-Sep-18 8
Lauren
Peach and champagne clash?
Lauren, On September 15, 2018 at 18:19

So, I had originally planned to do peach and grey as my colours but then the dress I bought is a champagne. I'm worried that the peach will clash with my dress and am wondering if I should do lavender...

Lauren, sunday 16-Sep-18 9
Janaya
Doubts on my dress
Janaya, On September 15, 2018 at 18:52

These are the two dresses I'm torn between... but the more I think about them the more I feel like it's not really a wedding dress? I absolutely love them both but sometimes I feel like a wedding...

Bianca, tuesday 18-Sep-18 14
Janaya
Wedding talk
Janaya, On September 15, 2018 at 18:23

Is it just me or once you got engaged did your old "friends" started talking to you more and asking more questions even though you haven't actually been "friends" for a couple of years now..?? I feel...

Allison, monday 17-Sep-18 10
Catherine
Making your own wedding bouquet
Catherine, On September 15, 2018 at 21:42

So I am pretty craftsy and am good with my hands. I am really tempted to buy wholesale flowers to make my bouquet and centerpieces for a fraction of the cost. I know you need to rehydrate wholesale...

Kaye, thursday 20-Sep-18 8
Megann
Wowza!
Megann, On September 15, 2018 at 22:03

This is not a question, but a remark. Tonight I was at work and did my first wedding. 150 people, easy. We get a timeline to follow and all is good, except when they are running LATE! It starting with...

Megann, sunday 16-Sep-18 5
Lydia
Bridal outlet
Lydia, On September 13, 2018 at 23:03

Hi all! Has anybody shopped at a bridal outlet for their wedding dress? I'm most likely going to get my dress at one but I'm a bit anxious about how it is, since I have no idea how it works and should...

Lydia, sunday 16-Sep-18 6
Cassandra
In-between time.
Cassandra, On September 11, 2018 at 13:27

Hey ladies, So I have a question for all of you brides and soon to be brides. My fiance and I have booked our venue at a hotel and were wanting to do the ceremony and reception at the same place. To...

Stephanie, sunday 16-Sep-18 20
Lynnie
Oversized Bouquets: Into It or Over It?
Lynnie, On August 20, 2018 at 08:05

This final trend is a pin-spiration vs. practicality showdown! Massive oversized bouquets look stunning in pictures, but in real life they've got to be heavy!!! From giant single blooms to huge...

Nelly, wednesday 25-Sep-19 29
Joey
Where do you get your DIY inspo?
Joey, On August 14, 2018 at 09:36

Where does all your best DIY inspiration come from? Pinterest? WeddingWire Real Weddings? Magazines? Long walks around the craft store? Do you dream it up yourself? Photo by Golden Apple Events in...

Robyn, wednesday 7-Nov-18 14
Yesenia
Desert themed wedding
Yesenia, On August 4, 2018 at 02:25

Help! I need ideas of how to create my very unique wedding theme. I’ve searched and looking at the hundreds of ideas on Pinterest but I can’t find nothing for an indoor desert wedding decor. I will...

Julia, saturday 15-Sep-18 12
Stephanie
Sharing my Save The Dates!
Stephanie, On August 15, 2018 at 20:01

Hello all! Just wanted to share a quick pic of the save the dates we just finished! Kept it simple! Used photos from our engagement shoot with PinkPineapple Photography (and I couldnt recommend them...

Joy, wednesday 5-Dec-18 18
E
Opinion on idea to line aisle
Emma, On August 31, 2018 at 15:05

Ok guys I really want to have a candle lit aisle. We are having a winter wedding. But real candles are too dangerous and the fake pillar candles are pricey. I came up with this idea to use mason jars...

Julia, saturday 15-Sep-18 6
Jillian
Save the date address
Jillian, On August 30, 2018 at 16:30

When writing your addresses on save the dates, did you use formal etiquette or more casual? EX: Mr. John Smith and Miss Jane Doe or John Smith and Jane Doe or John and Jane ...

Julia, saturday 15-Sep-18 8
Lynnie
Into It or Over It: Mirrored Signs?
Lynnie, On February 12, 2018 at 10:05

This week we’re talking all about wedding trends! If you really want to take a decor deep-dive, you can keep yourself DIYing for eternity with wedding signage! We're talking signs on signs on signs...

Nelly, wednesday 25-Sep-19 40
Emilie
Making a Save The Date with pictures and mini calendar
Emilie, On January 13, 2017 at 12:05

Hi DIY brides and grooms ! I found this idea to make your own Save The Dates where you can insert a cute mini calendar and pictures of you two! Would you make this for your Save the Dates? Image:...

Goodrunaway, monday 3-Oct-22 9
Kay
diy Wedding Favours!
Kay, On September 8, 2018 at 23:13

Well, my vision came to life! They didn't end up exactly like what I had originally planned, but I think they look adorable. Mochas are my favorite, and King Cole is his. I purchased Tootsie Roll Hot...

Julia, saturday 15-Sep-18 11

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics