Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bell
Beginner September 2018 Manitoba

Outdoor ceremony forecast is cold

Bell, on September 22, 2018 at 21:29 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 12
I am so deflated. Our wedding is in 7 days and the forecast says a high of 6 and cloudy 😕 The whole reason we picked the venue (a golf course) was because of the outdoor ceremony space (in a forest/wooded area) it is beautiful. The back-up is to simply move the wedding inside to the banquet hall where our reception is in the event of rain. It is a nice room but I dont want the entire wedding to be in one room. The weather being so cold is atypical for this time of year. Our coordinator said she has only had to move one wedding inside in two years.

We cant book a church because it is on sunday morning (brunch reception). Ive emailed our wedding coordinator to see if we can bring in heaters. Ugh..I am freaking out..any suggestions?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Carmela, on September 29, 2018 at 07:00
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahaha love the coffee with baileys idea!!! That sounds so cozy and delicious!
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think your ok so long as you realize some people might choose to skip the ceremony if they are feeling too chilly. This time of year some people might already be on the line with starting to get sick and might not want to risk pushing themselves over the edge. Or if you have kids at the wedding some might be too young to be outside in the cold for that long.
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a great idea, and it will make it more cozy as well. Hopefully they are Wrong with the forecast and it's nice and sunny !!
  • Bell
    Bell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Forecast now says 4 degrees and sunny/no wind. I purchased 25 ikea blankets (thanks for who suggested that) and we can have a bonfire near the ceremony site for guests to warm up. Is it still reasonable to have people outside for 30 ish minutes. We have told people to bundle up
  • Bell
    Bell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks eveeyone. I appreciate the feedback and reassurance. It helped put me at ease. We will stick with outdoors provided it doesnt rain and provide blankets and light a fire if need be.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's still an option to have it outside. Everyone else hit on some really good points: bundle up and have hot drinks! You could also get blankets or do the heaters like you suggested. If you do, I'd plan on keeping it short and sweet so nobody's freezing while you say I do.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I completely get it and so will your guests - so there is no reason to move the reception inside just yet! I will be having my wedding on October 5th of next year and because fall can be this unpredictable - some have been 15 some have had snow - I will be supplying blankets and mittens for my guests. I love the idea of hot chocolate too so I may take that as well! Oh my gosh!! AND HAVE COFFEE WITH BAILEYS OR KAHLUA !!!

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be honest if it’s cool and damp like most parts of Canada right now I’d probably be a miserable guest having to sit outside for an outdoor ceremony. That being said it’s up to the couple and if I didn’t think I could sit through it I might just skip the ceremony and join the rest of the guests indoors after.
  • E
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone else. Also keep in mind it’s 7 days out and the weather forecast changes from day to day so you may still end up with warmer weather. Try not to stress about it and collect up some cheap blankets just in case. Heck you could always even donate the blankets to a shelter or animal shelter after the wedding.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can still have it outside. Just bundle up. Try and let people know to dress warmly and have some blankets or wraps on hand for those who don’t.

Maybe see if your venue can add a coffee/hot chocolate station for when guests arrive. Then they have a nice hot drink to help keep them warm.
  • T
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe provide blankets from ikea or whatever, I've seen cute ideas where you put on the chairs or in a bucket and say "to have and to hold.. incase you get cold". Depending on budget, you could look into renting a couple heaters! Good luck!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can still have an outdoor wedding. Let people know attire is “keep warm” instead of dressy. People should know to dress according to the weather. Buy something warm for you and your bridesmaids to wear, borrow blankets from friends and family for guests that choose dressy over keep warm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics