Skip to main content
Catherine
Frequent user July 2020 Quebec

Making your own wedding bouquet

Catherine, on September 15, 2018 at 21:42 Posted in DIY 0 8
Saved
So I am pretty craftsy and am good with my hands. I am really tempted to buy wholesale flowers to make my bouquet and centerpieces for a fraction of the cost. I know you need to rehydrate wholesale flowers when you receive them, but I am willing to do all that prep work. Has anyone else considered doing this? Or has done it and has tips to give?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Kaye, on September 20, 2018 at 23:29
  • Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye
    • Dispute
    For my boquey i got a $12 bouquet at Zehrs the morning of and taped it with floral tape then tied a ribbon on
    Super easy and cant get more cost effective. Plus i got exactly what i wanted because i picked the flowers out myself
  • Catherine
    Catherine
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I was thinking of that, but my fiance and I are hoping to have a small and simple wedding (if that is at all possible 馃槀). So hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. But then maybe I am just overly hopeful and optimistic.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer
    • Dispute
    I think of you have the crafting ability. Go you! Awesome!
    However. Usually the 2-3 days before your wedding is hectic beyond belief. And for me personally. That is a service that is worth paying for. One less thing on my plate is my thought.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

I am using Craft Flower they were recommended by a good friend who used them. So far they have been amazing to work with. I am getting a custom design and they are extremely quick to respond and send updates.

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    I am considering wooden flowers. Which site did you find?
  • Catherine
    Catherine
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Oh yes that's a good idea! Just in case, and to get the hang of it.
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia
    • Dispute
    Depending on your confidence and how you feel about the wholesaler I would try and order a smaller batch and make almost a mock bouquet just invase things aren't what you expected. You don't want to add extra stress a few days before the wedding
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha
    • Dispute

We were going to do this but I found a great website for wooden flower and I am obsessed. I am kind of relieved, even though I thought I was ready to put in the work I realized didn't really want to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics