Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Catherine
Frequent user July 2020 Quebec

Making your own wedding bouquet

Catherine, on September 15, 2018 at 21:42 Posted in DIY 0 8
So I am pretty craftsy and am good with my hands. I am really tempted to buy wholesale flowers to make my bouquet and centerpieces for a fraction of the cost. I know you need to rehydrate wholesale flowers when you receive them, but I am willing to do all that prep work. Has anyone else considered doing this? Or has done it and has tips to give?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Kaye, on September 20, 2018 at 23:29
  • Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For my boquey i got a $12 bouquet at Zehrs the morning of and taped it with floral tape then tied a ribbon on
    Super easy and cant get more cost effective. Plus i got exactly what i wanted because i picked the flowers out myself
  • Catherine
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was thinking of that, but my fiance and I are hoping to have a small and simple wedding (if that is at all possible 😂). So hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. But then maybe I am just overly hopeful and optimistic.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think of you have the crafting ability. Go you! Awesome!
    However. Usually the 2-3 days before your wedding is hectic beyond belief. And for me personally. That is a service that is worth paying for. One less thing on my plate is my thought.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am using Craft Flower they were recommended by a good friend who used them. So far they have been amazing to work with. I am getting a custom design and they are extremely quick to respond and send updates.

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am considering wooden flowers. Which site did you find?
  • Catherine
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes that's a good idea! Just in case, and to get the hang of it.
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending on your confidence and how you feel about the wholesaler I would try and order a smaller batch and make almost a mock bouquet just invase things aren't what you expected. You don't want to add extra stress a few days before the wedding
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going to do this but I found a great website for wooden flower and I am obsessed. I am kind of relieved, even though I thought I was ready to put in the work I realized didn't really want to.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics