Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janaya
Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan

Wedding talk

Janaya, on September 15, 2018 at 18:23 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Is it just me or once you got engaged did your old "friends" started talking to you more and asking more questions even though you haven't actually been "friends" for a couple of years now..?? I feel like some people just want an invite haha

10 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on September 17, 2018 at 08:37
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right?! I get that getting married is a big part of my life, but come on!!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not really but I've had a lot of people assume that they'd be invited to the wedding when they're not going to be. It's pretty awkward.

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes!!!! I thought it was only me. It’s as if that’s the only topic of conversation. It’s like I have a life outside of planning the wedding.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol nope! Nobody really even goes on FB in my old friend group so the only way they would know that I'm engaged is through our parents Smiley tongue

If anything they would distance theirselves even more because getting married isn't something that most girls in their early 20's are doing.... They're all in Uni with part time jobs and going to the clubs while I have a full time job that is paying for me to go to night college and I spend my extra money not on clubs but on my house and wedding....

HOWEVER, if they were to do that I would love it and like to see them put in all that effort that wasn't there before just to tell them no.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes!! Or your current friends only ask you about the wedding and planning. I mean, I know planning a wedding is huge but I have other stuff going on in life as well!

• Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    People love any reason to go to a party, lots of people will reach out in hopes of being special enough to make the guest list
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had like one or two people reach out to me. I was more surprised by the family members that I hadn't seen in years that reached out to me.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its amazing how old friends or acquuitance to go out for a reason and get on your good side and feel to be invited to your wedding.

In a way for us that wasn't the case.
  • Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thankfully not my case but we haven't told everyone yet. I have a few people in mind that once they do find out, they will suddenly start wanting to hang out or talk again. They've done it before but for other reasons.
  • Adamay
    Beginner August 2019 California
    Adamay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely yes! LOL. I actually had a friend that I haven't hung out with for about 2-3 years randomly ask to grab some drinks with her. When I was with her, she asked me about my wedding and I showed her a picture of the venue we just booked. She then goes, "Oh my god! I finally have a reason to go to Canada now!" (We are from San Diego, California) I just laughed it off, but eek.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics