Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Table Number Ideas

Kelly, on June 11, 2018 at 15:56 Posted in DIY 0 31

DIYers...I can't believe how expensive dumb table numbers are!

Our colours are dark green and gold. Our venue has these beautiful wood rectangular tables, and we're doing Italian Ruscus down the length of them with lots of candles. Inspo pic below. Going for a romantic, elegant feel, so nothing "rustic".

Any good/cheap DIY table number ideas? Was thinking gold since its our accent colour of sorts.

I'm very adept at spray painting, so if its not gold to begin with, that's no problem. It will be gold by the time I'm done with it.

InspoTable Number Ideas 1

31 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on September 16, 2018 at 02:41
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are spray painting picture frames that we got at IKEA and using a paint marker to write the number on it. Going for something like this

Table Number Ideas 2
  • Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are great ideas! I was stressing but now at least I know there are options.

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! This is what we are doing Smiley smile

We bought the "TOLBSY" frame from ikea for $1.49 each & spray painted them! We used the same colour spray paint for a few items so it would all match. I then used a white opaque marker to write on them. Bought a few extra to make some signs as well!

Centerpieces - We were playing around with them & used a house plant lolTable Number Ideas 3SignsTable Number Ideas 4

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are painting our table numbers on rocks, we are definitely going for a more rustic/earthy feel, plus my FH is a geologist and his last name is ROCK...so it kind of seemed appropriate. If you are not going for a rustic feel, then I wouldn't do rocks as your table numbers.

I think the most elegant, cheapest option would be to use gold picture frames and then have a white or dark green background with gold table numbers.

Or buy wooden numbers, nail them to a stand and deco them in gold glitter

Here are some inspo pictures.

Table Number Ideas 5
    Table Number Ideas 6

Hope you find something that works for you!

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the look of these! I don't know if I trust myself to stencil them. Maybe use carbon paper?

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love these!

• Isabel
    Curious June 2019 Quebec
    Isabel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Whoa, you’re good! My handwriting ressembles too much that of an eight year old 😂
  • Jenna
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve been practicing my calligraphy and I’m going to try free handing them, finger crossed they turn out lol
  • Isabel
    Curious June 2019 Quebec
    Isabel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow, that is gorgeous! Do you stencil those?
  • Jenna
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what I plan on doing, my FH will make the wooden bases and we'll use the glass from dollar store photo frames. It will be very inexpensive and I think they look so beautiful

Table NumbersTable Number Ideas 7

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning on using mirrors from the dollar store.

Table Number Ideas 8
  • Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow super cute!Smiley laugh
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually love this.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is basically what I have! I spray painted my wood stumps (they weren't nice birch, just regular stumps) and sprayed my table numbers grey to match our colours a bit more.

I got both my wood and numbers for $10 off another bride from a FB group. (my vase and flowers in my centerpiece below will be nicer day of)

Centerpiece MockupTable Number Ideas 9

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got table numbers on Wish.com for like $4 and then added birch tree stumps

Table Number Ideas 10
  • K
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They really can get crazy pricey! I’m also wanting greenery as decor & if we do table #’s I’m leaning towards hand stenciling numbers on wood blocks/squares. You can use any font & paint colour you want & wood stain. Super inexpensive, simple & pretty!

Table Number Ideas 11

Table Number Ideas 12

Table Number Ideas 13
  • Brittney
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did the first one!

• Brittney
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I purchased the white frames from IKEA and bought a white paint pen and wrote the table numbers on the glass! similar to this photo. I kept mine white Smiley smile super inexpensive

IKEA table numbersTable Number Ideas 14

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I purchased a set of modern for a low price on amazon site.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm pretty good with writing/calligraphy and am pretty creative so I'm doing all of mine myself, but I have both of these saved from my inspiration on pinterest. The cork ones are huge, but could definitely be smaller and could be spray painted or left alone Smiley smile

Table Number Ideas 15

Table Number Ideas 16
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saw rocks like this once and considered them for myself! You could just wander around, and pick up the right sized rocks for you! Lol! Now that's cost effective!

Table Number Ideas 17
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually made/sold several wedding signs with vinyl lettering last summer... What I did was I went to thrift stores, looked for $0.50-$2.00 frames, then refinished them. So they would all be mismatched, then spray them all metallic gold. It will give a unique/vintage feel, but in all the same colour, will have uniformity.

Table Number Ideas 18

• Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG that is precious. We aren't doing a slide show so that is super neat, people will love going to each table to look and that could spark convo's with new friends. Best of luck with those awkward years though lol!

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are great!! Thanks!

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the see-through idea, but I'm avoiding those IKEA ones like the plague, haha! They've been the table numbers at the last 3 weddings I've been to. I get why everybody gets them though. CHEAP!

I'm leaning towards these geometric ones by Umbra, but they're so expensive. I might just start collecting them slowly with 50% coupons from Michaels. Wanting to do some greenery behind the table numbers kinda like below. Then I can sell them after. They're cool frames.

PrismaTable Number Ideas 19Table Number Ideas 20

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about finding some nice picture frames that are either wood or metalic and putting table numbers in frames? Can usually find some in clearance sections for 2-3$ (or less) each. Or dollar stores can have some.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
  • Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I'm leaning that way already. I did have a look through Dollarama already for some small picture frames and didn't find ANY. Only large ones. I'll keep looking at different stores maybe!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure if you would consider what I will be doing to be classy enough but for my wedding we will be having pictures on the back of the table number frame with me and my FH at each age. (Table 1 = pics of us at age 1, table 2 = pics of us at age 2, etc.0

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I love the frames... and I think it would go great with your colours/theme. The see through ones are from IKEA, they usually come in some plastic colour (white, black.... orange at halloween, etc)... and you can spray them, take out the backing, and write your numbers with a white paint pen.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30151035/ -- it says 2 pictures, but it's 1 frame.

Table Number Ideas 21Table Number Ideas 22

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found these gold (really cheap) picture frames the Dollarama store - that's what I'm using.

You can then print the number on a piece of paper and be done with it, super easy

If you want to then use the frames for photos, you can get nicer looking ones and then have those as keepsake after - we're doing that with some of our signs, we're using picture frames - printing a piece of paper with the relevant information and then keeping the frames after the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics