Skip to main content
Maegan
Maegan

Abbotsford, British Columbia · From January 2017

Hey everyone! I am a pretty easy going person. I have a Degree in Natural Resource Protection and love spending time outdoors be it hiking, fishing,... View more

Hey everyone! I am a pretty easy going person. I have a Degree in Natural Resource Protection and love spending time outdoors be it hiking, fishing, hunting, playing rugby, drinking sangria on a patio.... My FH and i met in high school and started dating about a year after we graduated. Weve been together for over 6 and a half years now and are so excited to finally be tying the knot.

Happily married 🎉

July 7, 2018

1498days 23hrs
Olivia
Kids or Kid Free Wedding?
Olivia, On July 17, 2018 at 12:55

I am an educator so I love kids! But when it comes to my wedding day... I'm just not sure if I want to have kids in attendance. Does anyone have any thoughts on the pros/cons of kids or kids free...

Rayanne, wednesday 14-Aug-19 26
Latoya
Weddings on a budget?
Latoya, On August 6, 2019 at 04:22

I'm just curious what was everyones budget? When you started to plan and then in the end what the total cost was that you spent? how many people did you have? did you have it inside or outside? what...

Whovian, monday 26-Aug-19 10
Sam
Wedding dress
Sam, On August 3, 2019 at 09:22

I’m looking to spend as little as possible on a wedding dress but no stores actually post any of their prices online. Where are some places that have decently priced wedding dresses? I would love to...

Marina, thursday 7-May-20 34
Pat
I Do BBQ Wedding Reception & DJ
Pat, On June 26, 2019 at 15:06

Hello ! We are having a backyard wedding and are looking to cut down on costs as much as possible. I was wondering if any of you are skipping the DJ and will be putting on a playlist you built instead...

Pat, tuesday 2-Jul-19 7
Haley
Out of Town invites
Haley, On June 24, 2019 at 17:53

I would say that 85% of our guest list will be coming from the other side of Canada... we're on Vancouver Island and most of his family live on the East Coast and need time to prepare and plan to come...

Jillian, tuesday 20-Aug-19 18
Sheri-Lyn
First Look
Sheri-Lyn, On June 26, 2019 at 11:01

I am curious to know what everyone's experience was with a first look. My fiancee wants to stick with the more traditional waiting for the ceremony. But I think if we did a first look we get to share...

Amanda, friday 28-Jun-19 22
Lynnie
Who proposed?
Lynnie, On June 10, 2019 at 09:30

Who popped the question? 💍 You or your fiancé(e)? Photo by ENV Photography in Banff Next Question: Who's older? Back to the Beginning: You or your fiancé(e)?

Steph, wednesday 11-Sep-19 26
Lynnie
Do you have regular date nights?
Lynnie, On May 13, 2019 at 09:05

Do you and your future spouse still go on dates together? Never, always, or sometimes? Photo by Liight Photography in Toronto Next Question: Do you kiss hello and goodbye? Back to the Beginning:...

Shannon, friday 23-Aug-19 34
Becky
Stages of your relationship in pictures
Becky, On May 28, 2019 at 15:34

Can you remember the first photo you took with your other half? Have photo's from different stages of your relationship and seeing the changes you went through and remembering all the moments behind...

Becky, wednesday 5-Jun-19 16
Kelsie
Engagement Session ...nervous!
Kelsie, On May 23, 2019 at 17:11

Hey ladies! I have my engagement session coming up on Monday and I’m super super nervous! I’ve never been professionally photographed before and I definitely wanted to get some engagement shots...

Becky, wednesday 29-May-19 19
Joey
Will you cry on your wedding day?
Joey, On May 18, 2019 at 14:05

Do you expect you'll shed a few tears on your wedding day? Will your partner? What moment do you think will get the tears flowing? Photos by Frances Morency Photography in Collingwood

Amanda, wednesday 22-May-19 31
Joey
Canadian Trends and Traditions - Number of guests
Joey, On May 20, 2019 at 08:24

Canadians like a big party! The Global Wedding Report discovered that the average guest list size in Canada was 154. How many guests are you inviting? Is your guest list smaller or larger than the...

Alexandra, tuesday 28-May-19 58
Joey
Canadian Trends and Traditions - Your budget
Joey, On May 20, 2019 at 08:24

The typical cost of a Canadian wedding was about $29,450. That's regardless of city and province, guest list size, what vendors are being hired... all of which can greatly impact the budget a...

Meaghan, tuesday 4-Feb-20 52
Lauren
Engagement Party - is a backyard BBQ okay?
Lauren, On May 16, 2019 at 16:55

Hi everyone! My FH and I would like to have a very casual BBQ in our backyard next month as our engagement party. Our thought is to buy some wine and beer, meat and veggies for the BBQ, and serve...

Lauren, wednesday 5-Jun-19 23
Morgan
Plastic versus real place settings?
Morgan, On May 13, 2019 at 16:45

Can I get your honest thoughts on using disposable cutlery and plates for wedding? But first let me paint a little picture - I’m getting married at a campground, the theme is camping and we are...

Maegan, friday 17-May-19 18
Joey
Engagement photo shoot - indoors or outdoors?
Joey, On May 16, 2019 at 08:05

Share your engagement photo shoot location. Will you be getting into nature and taking your engagement pictures outside? Or have you selected a weather-proof indoor location for your e-pics? Was it...

BunnyBride, saturday 7-Sep-19 20
Lynnie
Do you close the bathroom door?
Lynnie, On May 13, 2019 at 09:05

As you get more comfortable in a relationship, you start letting down your walls! But some boundaries are meant to remain boundaries! Do you close the door when you're in the bathroom? Never, always,...

Shannon, friday 23-Aug-19 37
NATASHIA
Dress assistance
NATASHIA, On May 7, 2019 at 12:35

Good day, me again. I hope I'm not posting too much, I'm just completely clueless and new in my town so I don't have anyone I can turn to for advice/information. I'm looking at having my wedding...

Toni Rose, saturday 8-Jun-19 12
Amelia
diy or Etsy?
Amelia, On May 8, 2019 at 09:15

Hello, I am planning on having a rustic wedding, and I love the idea of DIY. I did find many ideas on Esty, but see they always charge so much. I have heard from some that buying for etsy is worth it,...

Kelly, monday 17-Jun-19 12
Lynnie
What's mine is yours! Except for...
Lynnie, On May 3, 2019 at 10:05

Is there anything that you don't (or won't) share with your future spouse? Your Netflix password, your expensive face cream, your favorite pillow, or your snacks? Finish the sentence! What's mine is...

Toni Rose, tuesday 7-May-19 22
Sharlene
Suggestions for a calm stagette
Sharlene, On May 3, 2019 at 11:57

I am an older bride so I don't want the typical go to Vegas or go to a strip club sort of event. I looking for some fun ideas for us to do.

Geneviève, monday 20-May-19 25
L
Venue Needed
Lori, On April 28, 2019 at 17:33

Looking for a natural special ceremony venue in Langley/Abbottsford/S. Surrey. We could do the ceremony and the reception at the same place, but we do not seem to be able to find a venue that is...

Lori, sunday 5-May-19 9
Peggy
Tell us where you are going on your honeymoon!
Peggy, On April 8, 2019 at 12:43

For me, I LOVE travelling. I know a lot of people feel the same. I'm always curious where people are planning their next trip to. What I want to know is: Where are you and your future spouse...

Kaisha, friday 10-May-19 59
Tiffany
Wedding speeches yes or no?
Tiffany, On April 20, 2019 at 08:53

As myself and my FH have begun to plan the wedding we started talking about things we wanted and don’t want at the wedding. We actually have talked about not wanting speeches. Sometimes I just feel...

Tiffany, tuesday 21-May-19 14
Maegan
First anniversary! How will you celebrate??
Maegan, On February 11, 2019 at 10:30

Hey everyone! My husband and I just made plans for our first anniversary this summer and I got to wondering what do other couples do to celebrate their first year of marriage?? Weekend getaway? Big...

Donna Yeung, monday 22-Apr-19 38
Lynnie
First Look - Why or Why Not?
Lynnie, On April 18, 2019 at 14:27

Are you doing a "first look" and taking pictures before your wedding ceremony? Or are you waiting until you walk down the aisle? Some couples want to save that magic moment for the ceremony, but...

Lisasmith, tuesday 30-Apr-19 40
Stephanie
Guestzillas!
Stephanie, On April 15, 2019 at 13:39

On the radio this morning, they were talking about guestzillas! Guests who have behaved poorly at an event. One caller said they had set up a video camera at their wedding reception, and one of the...

Emily, sunday 12-May-19 22
Lynnie
What are you including in your wedding ceremony?
Lynnie, On April 10, 2019 at 13:05

Besides the vows, obviously! What are you including in your wedding ceremony? Will you have songs, readings, a unity ceremony...? Are you including your children in a special, or taking a moment to...

Taylor, sunday 7-Jul-19 22
Ariana
Bridesmaid expenses
Ariana, On April 11, 2019 at 17:37

What are the typical expenses the wedding party is expected to pay for? And what does the bride and groom cover for the wedding party?

Donna Yeung, monday 22-Apr-19 22
Janis
Booked Honeymoon, name change issues on passport?
Janis, On February 13, 2019 at 23:36

My fiancé and I booked our honeymoon during the second week of October and we’re going to Iceland. My passport has my current last name. We’re getting married the end of June, and I don’t know what...

Amanda, monday 25-Feb-19 10
Allison
How to avoid clinking glasses/guests making us kiss during dinner?
Allison, On February 12, 2019 at 14:05

Hey ladies (and gentleman), I've been having some major wedding anxiety the last few weeks and this is probably one of my biggest anxiety inducers: How to avoid clinking glasses/guests making us kiss...

Allison, wednesday 6-Mar-19 75
Michelle
Makeup Professional or Self?
Michelle, On February 12, 2019 at 18:30

Hey all! My bridesmaids have all elected to forgo getting their makeup done professionally, due to having to pay for it themselves ($65) plus ($65-75) for their hair. I have heard from a...

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 27

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics