Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

Tell us where you are going on your honeymoon!

Peggy, on April 8, 2019 at 12:43 Posted in Honeymoon 0 59

For me, I LOVE travelling. I know a lot of people feel the same. I'm always curious where people are planning their next trip to. What I want to know is:

Where are you and your future spouse travelling for your honeymoon?

Are you staying close to home, or going to a different continent? Are you going somewhere you've been before, or a brand new destination? Or are you skipping the honeymoon and putting the money towards something else?

59 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on May 10, 2019 at 00:15
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went on our honeymoon before the wedding, my husband was deployed so I flew to Greece to see him and from there we went and explored Italy. It was absolutely amazing!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're going end of October, so hopefully out of hurricane season! We're with Royal Caribbean an they've been amazing in the past!!

I get motion sickness easily, more so when I was younger, but I find I don't notice it one the larger cruise ships.

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What time of year are you going? Which cruise line?
    I think my FH is willing to try out a cruise. We're weary of the possible motion sickness but like the thought of visiting different places and having things we can do alone and together.
  • Moriah
    Newbie November 2020 Saskatchewan
    Moriah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking of doing a cheaper 5-7 day camping trip (to somewhere we go annually) after the wedding, then planning on doing a more official/more expensive honeymoon a little after or before our 1 year anniversary. We are wanting to visit New Zealand, we know some couples who have went and have had a blast. Plus there is Hobbiton, so we nerds are excited.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh dear! Duly noted. I have heard nothing but stories like that regarding hotels in Venice Smiley sad So a bit worried lol! Thank you for the to do list, that all sounds great. Gondola Ride is a must!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We had a horrible experience with our hotel (shower flooded our bathroom and they just gave us a stack of bed sheets to mop it up and the problem was never fully fixed our entire 3 night stay.) Hotel Sant’Antonin so I unfortunately cannot recommend anywhere to stay.
    The must see and do in Venice list:
    -Doge’s palace
    -St Marks Basilica
    -see an orchestra play
    -take a gondola ride (although they are extremely overpriced so try and find another couple to go with maybe? That’s what we did to split cost.)
    lots of other cool sights that you will just find walking around!
  • Cassie
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m still figuring it out but my cousins husband suggested Oahu because of the famous Waikiki Beach and volcano climbing. I would want to see all the islands if I could, haha! But with your islands, make sure you hike, climb volcanoes. Explore the water! There’s so much to do on all the islands. I’m not very informative because I haven’t done much research but I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Smiley smile enjoy!!
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We really wanted to do Italy and Greece for 1 month, unfortunately things have changed with our job situation and life in general so we’re now cutting Italy out and saving it for when we can devote enough time to it. We plan on spending about 2 weeks in Greece. Athens, Crete and Santorini. It’s been on my bucket list with I was about 10! Definitely the perfect way to start our marriage!
  • Jennifer
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Try looking in October. It’s still a good time to go and I found it much more affordable (still expensive but hey it’s Hawaii!)
  • Jennifer
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For those going to Hawaii, which islands? We booked ours for 7 days in Maui and 7 days in Kauai. I haven’t planned anything other than flights and hotels/Airbnb. Wondering what we should plan on seeing/doing, any suggestions?
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh good to hear! Would you have any recommendations on where to stay? We would only be staying there for 2 nights so doesn't have to be luxurious, just comfortable. Would be spending all our time touring since we are there for a short time.

• Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This sounds amazing! We did a Europe trip for our honeymoon but we went to all different countries than you, except for Venice! We absolutely adored Venice!
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tofino/Uki area is maybe my favourite place in the world. I think a honeymoon there would be amazing!
  • Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so smart! 10 days sound like the perfect amount of time-getting there takes time so we’d lose a few days of travel. I like the 5 days on each island, I’ll definitely look into that once it’s time to book Smiley smile
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are also doing Hawaii. Our travel agent suggested doing multiple islands, depending on how long you want to stay. We are planning 10 days and will do 5 days on one island and 5 on another. And maybe take a day trip to one of the others.
  • Rachael
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are hoping to do our honeymoon a year after as my fiance will not get more than a week off this year and that will be for the time around our wedding. We are thinking of doing an all inclusive resort for it as I've never been to one.

• Cassie
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I are planning on Hawaii! Still have to figure out exactly which island, considering they vary in what they offer. Smiley smile we’ve both wanted to visit Hawaii forever so I’m super stoked!
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are heading to Paris and South of France this summer to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and belated honeymoon. Hubby and I wanted to wait until his residency finished and his board exams written before going so there's no stress.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lots of folks going to the Ireland and Scotland for their honeymoons! I think it's wonderful and you'll have so much fun.

• Kelsey
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Ireland Smiley smile Neither my FH or I are very keen on tropical weather LOL We have always wanted to travel to Ireland so we figured, why not?

We aren't going right away though, our wedding is in October 2019 and we are going on our honeymoon the following spring.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's exactly what we'll be doing! I kind of like having the time off in between since it's not like "rush, rush, rush!".

I totally think of Kokomo every time I'm about to head off on vacation someplace hot lol. Anddd it's stuck in my head now!

• Katelyn
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I aren’t planning a big expensive trip for our honeymoon, we’re thinking of spending a few nights in Tofino or Ucluelet, considering we only live a couple hours away. We want to buy a home we can grow into, so that’s more of a priority than an international honeymoon.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought a 30' trailer 2 years ago we kinda call it our cottage, so maybe going there for a couple of weeks. Going on a Cruise next year. Will be needing a animal sitter, with my Adult kids and their busy schedule I don't think any of them can do it

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    London is so cool! My FH went to school there and we just went together last summer and had a blast!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aruba! That should be amazing - but now all I have in my head is the Beach Boys song!

And leaving a week after the wedding isn't bad (We're leaving 2 weeks after ours). Use that time to organize, return and/or sell items, start on your thank you cards, deposit anything into the bank that you need to, etc.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so excited!

I recommend cruises to anyone - especially Royal Caribbean. I know people can be hesitant with sea-sickness but I find I don't notice it on the larger ships.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is very true!!! But I for sure do not mind going a little crazy... but my mock honey was almost 4x the amount of any vacation we have done so far lol!

And Hawaii isn't all inclusive which really sucks to remember too...

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll be going to Aruba for 2 weeks, a week after we get married (since flights to Aruba are few and far between apparently!).

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a delayed honeymoon since our wedding is in May and we want to go somewhere tropical. In December we are doing Punta Cana and then doing a big trip to Ireland in April/May next year for our 1 year anniversary.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a mini-moon right after the wedding of a couple of nights in Whistler. The main honeymoon had to wait til January - an 11 day western Caribbean cruise, sailing out of New Orleans.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish, I would love to meet them! But since we won’t be old enough to rent a car, it would cost too much to bus/take too long so we’ll have to make it a different trip

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing! thank you so much

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics