Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What's mine is yours! Except for...

Lynnie, on May 3, 2019 at 10:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 22

Is there anything that you don't (or won't) share with your future spouse? Your Netflix password, your expensive face cream, your favorite pillow, or your snacks?

Finish the sentence! What's mine is yours! Except for...

What's mine is yours! Except for... 1

What's mine is yours! Except for... 2

22 Comments

Latest activity by Toni Rose, on May 7, 2019 at 11:05
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't, or rarely, share snacks. I have a huge sweet tooth and my FH doesn't. We don't even like the same chip or popcorn flavours. we don't really share meals or each other's leftovers. Again, we just have different preferences for flavours. Same with drinks! We don't even share water bottles unless we absolutely need to because we prefer different water temperatures and types (tap vs filtered).
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We share most things tbh except for clothes (except his socks) and toothbrushes (because gross).

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried keeping my face masks to myself because he would use them so often and use so much of the cream at once but that didn't work.

Now I try to keep my snacks hidden from him so he doesn't eat all of them but he finds them and eats them all anyways.

Everything else we share.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We pretty much share everything, only think I won't share is my toothbrush and my pillows. We both have out own nice pillow and we do not share.

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We share 95% of things unless someone has something the other doesn't like, e.i. butterscotch ice cream is just his. Don't think I would share my toothbrush either
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We share literally everything. Sometimes one person doesn’t want to share and say something like “you can’t use that! It’s mine!” And then the other one of us reminds the other “No... it’s OURS” haha. Including snacks much to his dismay.

But it probably the funniest thing we’ve shared was a couple years ago (before our wedding) I had gain a couple extra pounds and all my pants didn’t fit, so I started wearing his pants and they actually fit really well. It was a couple weeks before he got his pants back 😂
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya, pillows didn't even think of that, i mark his pillow tags so i know which ones are his!!
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We share virtually everything, except for special snacks haha

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We share pretty much everything!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I reluctantly share my snacks .... 😂

We share everything! I even share my hand creams if necessary! Sharing is caring!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I won't share my pillows (especially the one I bought specifically for side sleepers!) or the extra blanket I sleep with! Smiley laugh I've also yelled at him before for using my really nice face creams, I have cheaper lotion he can use if his skin is dry! Also I've been forced to share my deodorant with my husband once or twice - in emergency situations - and that totally grossed me out! 😝

He won't share his clothes with me anymore. He says I stretch out the neck (as well as the chest area Smiley xd )!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I cannot think of anything I wouldn't share! Maybe my toothbrush??? We have shared cleaning products and towels but yeah I think toothbrush is the one thing I wouldn't ever use someone elses

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish we shared more of the chores lol, but other than that we share everything but we do have our own bank accounts and he just transfers me his half of the bills. We each have a car but mainly use mine when going out as a family. I can't think of anything that if he just took it I would be like really, come on.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Certain food items.... hahah

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We share most things we can, I even let him use my face mask cream the other day lol. Most personal hygiene items are not shared. We don't share our money, we might open up a joint account for household expenses but we've clearly stated that (most) of someone's money is theirs to spend, with a cut going to the household fund.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There is no much that we don't share. The biggest thing is snacks, FH has a huge sweet tooth and likes to eat all the chocolate/ candy at once. I have to hide mine or take them to work to leave in my desk if I want to have more than a couple!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmm. I'm veryyyyy possessive of my books. But with some strict warnings about spine-bending, dog-earing pages, and reading in the bath, I could be persuaded to share Smiley laugh

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't technically share money yet. Once we buy a house we'll set up a shared account but still keep seperate ones for our individual expenses. But I make a point of planning and buying food to take to work for lunches and get MAD when he takes what I specifically bought to get through the week lol.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hmmm dont think theres anything we don't share. The only thing that comes to mind that I dont particularly like to share is my travel coffee mug but that's mostly just bc he uses it then leaves it in his car for a week so I end up having to buy coffee (cuz his travel mugs are also hiding in his car).
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm trying to think real hard on this but nothing comes to mind that would be only mine (other than like, clothes, toothbrush, etc. that he just wouldn't be able to fit or want to use...)

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't really think of anything! I am in the same boat money wise as amanda- we have joint account. We want to eventually have one together, however I am better at saving and hes more of a spender. So we will keep this separate until under control

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think anything to be honest.. We share everything. Except money. we have a joint account for our mortgage, but aside from that what's mine is mine and vice versa.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics