Skip to main content
Jennifer
Jennifer

'Waterloo', Ontario · From June 2020

My fiancé Jan and I are getting married on August 20th this year in St. Jacobs, Ontario. I love event planning and already have most of our wedding... View more

My fiancé Jan and I are getting married on August 20th this year in St. Jacobs, Ontario. I love event planning and already have most of our wedding details all set! Our theme is inspired by our trip to Italy we were supposed to enjoy last year. He was going to propose to me there but Covid hit.

Happily married 🎉

August 20, 2021

950days 16hrs
Cassandra
Wedding picture turn around
Cassandra, On September 14, 2021 at 16:28

Just wondering what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for wedding pictures (digital proofs)? Our photographer has shared many times (runs a few businesses) that they are very busy… and we’ve had...

Cassandra, wednesday 22-Sep-21 18
Megan
Anyone else feeling this way?
Megan, On November 23, 2020 at 15:50

I don't know about you guys but I feel really discouraged about wedding planning. We have it planned for next summer and we are going to get married regardless of limitations but I just am a bit sad...

Megan, thursday 27-May-21 54 5
Jennifer
How much is too much for wedding shoes?
Jennifer, On April 28, 2021 at 16:20

Would love to know what everyone thinks is too much for their wedding day shoes... I originally wanted to wear some casual sandal heels that I own, but they don’t look good with my dress. The only...

Alexis, friday 30-Apr-21 13
Jennifer
Let’s see your dress!!!
Jennifer, On April 26, 2021 at 14:00

Ok! Sounds like everyone is a little worried and stressed with their wedding plans. Let’s lighten it up a little and show off our wedding dresses! I’d love to see all of your beautiful garments that...

Carna, wednesday 28-Jun-23 78 1
Daily
Bridal makeup
Daily, On March 24, 2021 at 13:54

Future brides, do you think of doing your own makeup or hire a professional makeup artist?

Daily, wednesday 7-Jul-21 45
Hailey
Mismatched Veil??
Hailey, On March 28, 2021 at 22:19

Hello Everyone! I’m looking for a veil and I ordered some swatches from an Etsy store that I like. I love the champagne sparkle fabric for a veil and I really would love to order it. I’m just a little...

Hailey, wednesday 28-Apr-21 15
Shelly
Advice for wedding dress shopping
Shelly, On April 5, 2021 at 00:18

Hi everyone, I've started looking for wedding dresses (tried on ~12 so far) and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed. There are just so many dresses to choose from and everything looks fine. I've only been...

Shelly, tuesday 27-Apr-21 38
J
Bouquets and floral decor: mixing diy & florist flowers?
Jenn, On April 19, 2021 at 16:19

Has anyone done mixed DIY flowers with professional florist flowers? I realize the florist might not like it much but it allows me to budget more to spend towards flowers that I care more about (eg....

Jennifer, monday 26-Apr-21 8 1
J
Help: bringing up Chinese traditions to western in-laws
Jenn, On April 22, 2021 at 19:48

Hi! I am the bride and Chinese. My fiancé is multi generational Canadian. He's joined and enjoyed my family for Many Chinese traditions, including my cousins tea ceremony, new year celebrations,...

Jennifer, monday 26-Apr-21 6
K
Ceremony songs
Karissa, On April 23, 2021 at 13:50

Hey needing help with bridesmaid entrance songs! We are only using a piano, please leave ideas in comments!

Kelsey, saturday 8-May-21 5
Abbie
Favours - yay or nay?
Abbie, On April 23, 2021 at 15:40

Are wedding favours an expected courtesy? Or is it more of an individual decision? As I’ll have international guests I can’t do anything like honey/jam, and my guests have a variety of food allergies...

Abbie, saturday 8-May-21 31
Amanda
Nails
Amanda, On March 28, 2021 at 18:09

What type of nails is everyone doing for their big day? Are you going simple or over the top? Are you incorporating colors from your wedding? Since I don't get my nails done all the time because of...

Armen, tuesday 28-Jun-22 48
Alyssa
Second guessing my dress
Alyssa, On April 13, 2021 at 16:36

My fiancé and I decided to cancel our July wedding due to Covid and we will secretly elope in 2 weeks. We have only told our parents and sisters to avoid people giving their opinion. We are super...

Katerina, monday 3-May-21 9
R
Please help me decide
Rhi, On April 17, 2021 at 13:59

I’m getting married in August in BC and can’t decide between these two dresses. They’re the exact same price so that doesn’t factor into the equation. Because if Covid I had to take them home to try...

Pritika, monday 3-May-21 30
Stefanie
In limbo..
Stefanie, On April 12, 2021 at 01:38

Does anyone else just feel like you're waiting in limbo to know what your plans will be? Our wedding is August 14 postponed from last year and as of right now we can have a 30 person ceremony only I...

Jodi, sunday 25-Apr-21 41 1
Shelagh
Overwhelmed
Shelagh, On April 19, 2021 at 09:37

We got engaged this past March and I joined this online community. I have no idea what I'm doing, and the thought of planning a wedding has me completely overwhelmed before I even start. We already...

Kelsey, friday 7-May-21 17 1
Daniella
Advice from previous Brides that had their wedding during Covid
Daniella, On February 2, 2021 at 16:13

I just wanted to get some thoughts from brides that have gone ahead with a smaller wedding due to Covid. What did you like about it? Do you regret not having a bigger reception/party? I'm supposed to...

Alison, wednesday 10-Feb-21 19 1
Hank
Fashion Rules
Hank, On February 3, 2021 at 17:22

How many of you are breaking "fashion rules" when it comes to your wedding clothes? I feel like some of these rules, for better or worst, are stuck with us (keep last button on suit jacket unbuttoned)...

Hank, wednesday 10-Feb-21 25
Jennifer
How are you sending your invites during Covid?
Jennifer, On January 14, 2021 at 10:57

Wondering what everyone else is planning to do during Covid for sending out invites? We’ve decided to send out invites to our “must-have 50” guest list early. We’ll have to wait & see if we can...

Michelle, monday 25-Jan-21 12
Rachel
Is anyone else not excited for the honeymoon?
Rachel, On January 5, 2021 at 12:06

We are saving for a house and we visit the beach every summer when we visit family, I just can't seem to force myself to want to go anywhere, especially when I want to skip it and save for a house,...

Rachel, wednesday 13-Jan-21 22
Jessica
Cancelling? Sticking it out?
Jessica, On January 7, 2021 at 10:28

FREAKING out about having our wedding this year... planning for September but who knows I guess. We reduced our guest list to 50 people but I am scared that will not be enough, in which case we would...

Michelle, monday 25-Jan-21 22 3
Jennifer
What earrings to go with my look?!
Jennifer, On January 8, 2021 at 13:45

Hello future brides & grooms! I’ve put together most of my bridal look but I’m wondering what earrings would best suit the look. I’ve attached my bridesmaid looks as well to help give the full...

Linda, wednesday 13-Jan-21 7
Jennifer
Covid concerns for August 2021 wedding
Jennifer, On January 8, 2021 at 12:42

We’re supposed to be having our wedding in late August of this year... fingers crossed that we’re able to have a normal wedding with our 140 person guest list! We’d still happily have one with 50...

Kate22, tuesday 6-Apr-21 36
Taylor
Wedding bands
Taylor, On December 14, 2020 at 18:33

I'm starting to explore some options for a wedding band and I would love some inspiration! My ring (pictured below) is a solitaire oval with a plain rose gold band and because of the shape I'm stumped...

Linda, wednesday 13-Jan-21 11
Julienne
Opinion
Julienne, On January 8, 2021 at 01:34

Me and my fiancé have found the perfect venue that meets our needs and budget. We are planning for March 2022 for our wedding. We are ready to sign the contract with the venue and put the necessary...

Byron, thursday 14-Jan-21 12
S
Budget Wedding Decor
Shaelyn, On January 7, 2021 at 15:19

Hi everyone, We are planning a backyard, summer wedding. I'm trying to budget for our wedding decor, but I'm a little overwhelmed. What are your best tips to save money on decor? -Which items would...

Courtney, tuesday 19-Jan-21 7
Sinéad
Brides of 2021! Show us your ring!!
Sinéad, On May 29, 2019 at 11:00

Congratulations to our 2021 brides! It’s time to show off your beautiful bling! Post a picture below of your new sparkler! 💍 Photo by Marissa Hanna Photography in Edmonton

Victoria, wednesday 22-Dec-21 255 1

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics