Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

How much is too much for wedding shoes?

Jennifer, on April 28, 2021 at 16:20 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13
Would love to know what everyone thinks is too much for their wedding day shoes... I originally wanted to wear some casual sandal heels that I own, but they don’t look good with my dress. The only shoes I’ve found online that I’m obsessed with are about $390 Canadian 😳 they are said to be extremely comfortable and are made in Italy.

I technically can afford them but should I go for it? I’m torn between trying to get the details just perfect, and being practical.
I love the idea of keeping my dress and accessories to maybe hand down one day or just to have as a keepsake.
Thoughts?!
How much is too much for wedding shoes? 1

13 Comments

Latest activity by Alexis, on April 30, 2021 at 01:06
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it’s within budget go for it! I wouldn’t personally but only because it’s out of my budget. I think if your staying within your budget and you are in love with them it would be a shame to not buy them
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love these! You’ll definitely be able to wear them again 😊
    If you wanted to add something to them I’ve seen shoe clips that are essentially like barrettes but for your shoes lol. You can get them with bows or more of a brooch style and they just clip on to either the front strap or the back of your shoe. Etsy has quite a few options.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! We're also getting married when it's probably going to be around 35 degrees but since they were so comfy when I tried them on they fit like a glove, I was like I will deal with the closed toe lol

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are beautiful! I would’ve done closed toe if it weren’t hot summer!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are cute! Plus block heels are a lot easier to walk in! They're very similar to mine!

How much is too much for wedding shoes? 2

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    UPDATE: I have opted for a $35 pair of block sandals from Spring. I couldn’t risk buying expensive shoes online and have them potentially not fit. When I walk my shoes do show a fair bit but if I need to bedazzle these a little to make them feel prettier that’s fine.

I really wish I could find something dressier that I could try on in person but oh well.

Its so so hard to not get caught of the ideals of perfection for the day! How much is too much for wedding shoes? 3

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For myself, spending that much on a pair of shoes is crazy especially if you're only going to wearing them for one day and mostly no one is going to see them since they're going to be covered by your dress. I found my pair of wedding shoes at La Chateau for $30

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say go for it if the quality actually justifies the price. High quality shoes will not only look better but feel better and will last longer than a cheap pair provided the cost is due to genuine proper materials rather than just a brand name.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you can afford it and love them - do it!!! If you think you can wear them again (I think so) - even better! They do look classic enough to be able to pass them down (better have kids with the same size feet haha). I knew I wanted the Kate Spade triple decker glitter Keds for my NYE wedding so I didn't spend much and I'm also attempting to sell them now! That being said, I was in love with a pair of Ted Baker pumps that I would have definitely bought if I could find them in my size. They were blue and I found them before I was engaged so I had planned to wear them to a wedding coming up, two years before ours, and was justifying the cost for them then 🤣 I already had two wears planned for them! Haha. Maybe this picture of my mug will help... How much is too much for wedding shoes? 4

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was really tempted to buy the Loeffler Randall Camellia shoes from Anthropologie/BHLDN which are almost $400 USD. At the time I easily could have afforded them, but I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on shoes I wouldn't get much wear out of.

I tried finding more affordable options, but wasn't able to find anything I liked. If I found something perfect I probably would have been willing to go up to $200. I ended up wearing a pair I already owned. They weren't what I pictured - they were black and open toe which was risky for a late November wedding. But they ended up working out just fine and I'm glad I didn't spend any extra money on shoes. You can hardly see them in any of the photos and they were totally comfortable because they were broken in. They were also the perfect height for me to avoid hemming my dress which was a huge plus for me and saved me even more money.

If you have a dress where your shoes will be visible or you just absolutely love shoes then I think it might be worth spending a lot on the perfect pair. But otherwise I think it's a bit of a luxury that can be skipped if it's not in the budget.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you aren't 100% happy with your dress, I would definitely make sure you are 100% happy with your shoes. Peace of mind is also worth a lot in my opinion!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s good advice!

I know for me personally, I have some small regrets about not getting the dress I really wanted. I thought I was saving $1500 by buying a David’s Bridal dress and now I’ve spent about $600 trying to alter it to be just right. I would’ve returned it or sold online but my Mom insisted on buying my dress and she’d be heartbroken if I didn’t wear it.
    Having said that, I feel like $390 seems ridiculous but it’d be peace of mind knowing I love them wholeheartedly. I’d likely wear them for the full evening, and to other formal events in future.
    I’m a bit of an “essentialist” and try to save money where it’s possible, but I don’t like clutter and excess clothing so to buy something that makes me happy is usually worth a little extra $$!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think no amount is too much if you can afford it. Its totally up to you what you deam too much! Also if you think you could wear the shoes for more than just your wedding, that's even more reason to spend a bit more!

I didn't want to spend too much on shoes because I knew I probably wouldn't wear them so I ended up getting 2 pairs from le chateaus closing sale and spent $40 total

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics