Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Curious September 2022 Alberta

Mismatched Veil??

Hailey, on March 28, 2021 at 22:19 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 15
Hello Everyone! I’m looking for a veil and I ordered some swatches from an Etsy store that I like. I love the champagne sparkle fabric for a veil and I really would love to order it. I’m just a little worried that since my dress is white, the veil is going to look dirty or old. I do have a gold/champagne jewelled belt, and I am planning for the bridesmaids to wear champagne as well. I can’t find any photos online for someone with a white dress and champagne veil to help me visualize. If you did this I would love to see a pic! What do you all think? Thanks in advance Mismatched Veil?? 1

15 Comments

Latest activity by Hailey, on April 28, 2021 at 20:28
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I was trying to coordinate the two, so I really happy with the way it looks ❤️
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The gold sparkle goes so well with your belt Smiley smile

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mismatched Veil?? 2
    As an update I decided to go with an ivory veil with gold sparkle. I think it looks great 😊 Thanks everyone ❤️

• Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Want to send me photos of your dress, the veil and the belt? I may be able to photoshop it together for you!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks I definitely will check with my photographer! I don’t think a larger swatch is possible at the moment because the fabric is backordered so I will have to wait to even order it.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think there's enough contrast between the white dress and the champagne that it will look purposeful and not grungy. I would reach out to your photographer and see what they say, they'll have the most experience with white tones and how they react in the light.

Can you ask for a larger swatch? Something you can hold up against the dress, and see from farther away.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That could be a possibility. I’ll have to contact the seller to see if that’s something we could create
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Would it be an option to have the veil in white, but then have it trimmed in the champagne colour? I think that would look gorgeous.

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My dress is white, but I do have swatches of both ivory and plain white fabric, I can’t tell the difference when held up to the dress. I think I’ll contact her to ask some more questions
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Does the seller have photos of it with a white dress or are there any reviews with photos? And is your dress actually pure white or is it ivory? Most wedding dresses are ivory so the contrast might not be as stark as you think.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think held up to my dress in one layer in looks nice, but when its fold on itself it looks darker. I hope that makes sense. It’s so hard since it’s so small! I did just see that the seller now has the same gold sparkle on ivory fabric so that may be my answer 🤞
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Generally off-white or ivory look "dirty" next to white but I think that's a strong enough colour that you'll be okay!! It'll look different enough. Google "Adrianna Pappell champagne dresses" and you'll see champagne bridesmaids dresses next to a bride... It looks great. Just reread and saw your bridesmaids will wear champagne so you know already 😅😅. Did you put it up next to your dress (I know it's a tiny swatch)? My veil was slightly off from my dress too but it's so thin that it's not noticeable once it's all spread out!! I think with your champagne accessories and bridesmaids it'll all pull together! Also you're the bride... You do you!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Another option is you could always call some bridal stores to see if they will let you come to the store with your dress to look at veils. You don't really need to have your dress on to match the veil to your dress.

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately not, I purchased my dress online and luckily I do not need any alterations done. I don’t have any bridal shops in my area and even if I drove to another city, most places won’t let you try on a dress you can’t purchase there. At least that’s what I was told.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where did you get your dress from? Could you possibly bring your dress to where you bought it from and pick out a veil that way? Or even when you bring it in for alterations to buy your veil then?

When I bought my dress, I had to wait 7 months for it to come in. When it came in and picked it up, of course I tried it on. That's when I bought the veil. That way I could match it to something and not take the chance of buying something online and not having it match or I don't like it on with the dress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics