Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassandra
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Wedding picture turn around

Cassandra, on September 14, 2021 at 16:28 Posted in Just married 0 18
Just wondering what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for wedding pictures (digital proofs)? Our photographer has shared many times (runs a few businesses) that they are very busy… and we’ve had ‘miscommunication’ especially when Covid hit. It’s been a difficult situation to navigate with this vendor and looking for some objective feedback. Thanks in advance!!!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Cassandra, on September 22, 2021 at 13:04
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is my nightmare… still no response from my photographer either. I’m sure the pics are amazing but so frustrating!!!
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our wedding was 5 weeks ago and we still have received not a single preview. Went to check our contract also and POOF! Gone! Just like you!

I emailed this week and they just said “we’ve been taking more on to make ends meet so previews usually take 3-4 weeks but now longer”.
    What a ridiculous excuse. We’ve already paid in full and it’s causing a huge delay in me sending out thank you cards to our entire extended family who didn’t even get to see our wedding.
    I’m extremely frustrated because we hired the photographer and an assistant to have one at each suite while we were getting ready and our photographer didn’t want to leave his assistant alone so they literally missed almost the entire day with me getting ready with my girls. Not a single shot taken of just me, or me and my family before the ceremony.
    $2800 too. What a waste.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photos should take 4-6 weeks time to get back to you as they would be edited and preview them ahead of time before its finished as a good quality. Same for engagement photos. We received our engagement pictures 1 week in the email. The final wedding pictures were digitally put on a usb stick and handed to me personally by the photographer and no contract as he kept his word of getting them on time.

• Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer said it'll take 4-6 weeks but we will get sneak peeks during that time!

• M
    Newbie July 2022 Quebec
    Megi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg everyone in this thread is really lucky with pretty fast turn around times....for our engagement shoot it is a 6 week wait. For our wedding it could be a 6 month wait. But for both cases our photographer is sending us unedited pictures right away. Many don't work like this but I like it.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It should state in your contract about how long it will take for them to deliver them
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing!!!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a sneak peek of about 20 photos within 4 days of our wedding, then the rest took 3 weeks. I was amazed that it didn't take longer, so I have a feeling that's really quick compared to an average timeframe.
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agreed. I’ll be sure to reflect the experience accurately online (eg wedding wire)… after I get those pictures. The other vendors were nothing short of amazing so I know it’s not industry standard, especially post-Covid
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah but they're not your friends. This is a business relationship and trust matters. And trust needs to work both ways.

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh, it’s been a lot of back and forth. Once signed I can’t access it anymore - poof! Gone! They are so busy that when I ask for a copy I’m told it will be emailed but then I don’t receive it. Been going on for months. With Covid I’ve learned (decided) not to sweat that stuff. Relationship matters so I’m being patient
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry you're going through a rough patch with the photographer. Hopefully it's just a case of you misunderstanding their standard timelines. But if you signed something, even an e-signature, there had to be something that details what you are agreeing to. Can you not save that page on your own computer for your own purposes?

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks- funny enough, we never received a contract in hand. All digital signing and wasn’t sure about fulfillment timelines. I was hoping to get a copy of our contract before the wedding but never received it. Thankful that all our vendors were amazing- just a little hiccup with photography that I’m sure will work out.
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lucky you!!!
    We had to wait for our engagement photos for over 6 weeks but was offered a complimentary gift… which we never received. When I inquired about the gift I was told that it’s ‘complimentary’, so no obligation. It’s been an interesting journey 🤣😂🤣. I’m positive the pics will be great- just need to be more patient.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most photographer contracts state what their turnaround is but anything under three months is reasonable as long as it was communicated and agreed to before hand.

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thanks. Will doSmiley smile
  • A
    Beginner July 2022 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was told 6-8 weeks to get my photos back! Though my photographer did end up delivering early but that's just bonus!

• Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    4-6 weeks is a reasonable timeframe. During the peak of wedding season (fall & summer), it could take 8 weeks but there should be effective communication.
    I’d suggest sending a follow up email and asking a timeframe you should expect the pictures.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics