Cassandra
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Wedding picture turn around

Cassandra, on September 14, 2021 at 16:28 Posted in Just married 0 16
Saved
Just wondering what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for wedding pictures (digital proofs)? Our photographer has shared many times (runs a few businesses) that they are very busy… and we’ve had ‘miscommunication’ especially when Covid hit. It’s been a difficult situation to navigate with this vendor and looking for some objective feedback. Thanks in advance!!!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 16, 2021 at 18:57
  • Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute

Photos should take 4-6 weeks time to get back to you as they would be edited and preview them ahead of time before its finished as a good quality. Same for engagement photos. We received our engagement pictures 1 week in the email. The final wedding pictures were digitally put on a usb stick and handed to me personally by the photographer and no contract as he kept his word of getting them on time.

• Darbi
    Beginner August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute

Our photographer said it'll take 4-6 weeks but we will get sneak peeks during that time!

• M
    Newbie July 2022 Quebec
    Megi ·
    • Dispute
    Omg everyone in this thread is really lucky with pretty fast turn around times....for our engagement shoot it is a 6 week wait. For our wedding it could be a 6 month wait. But for both cases our photographer is sending us unedited pictures right away. Many don't work like this but I like it.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    It should state in your contract about how long it will take for them to deliver them
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing!!!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    We had a sneak peek of about 20 photos within 4 days of our wedding, then the rest took 3 weeks. I was amazed that it didn't take longer, so I have a feeling that's really quick compared to an average timeframe.
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Agreed. I’ll be sure to reflect the experience accurately online (eg wedding wire)… after I get those pictures. The other vendors were nothing short of amazing so I know it’s not industry standard, especially post-Covid
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Yeah but they're not your friends. This is a business relationship and trust matters. And trust needs to work both ways.

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Oh, it’s been a lot of back and forth. Once signed I can’t access it anymore - poof! Gone! They are so busy that when I ask for a copy I’m told it will be emailed but then I don’t receive it. Been going on for months. With Covid I’ve learned (decided) not to sweat that stuff. Relationship matters so I’m being patient
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Sorry you're going through a rough patch with the photographer. Hopefully it's just a case of you misunderstanding their standard timelines. But if you signed something, even an e-signature, there had to be something that details what you are agreeing to. Can you not save that page on your own computer for your own purposes?

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thanks- funny enough, we never received a contract in hand. All digital signing and wasn’t sure about fulfillment timelines. I was hoping to get a copy of our contract before the wedding but never received it. Thankful that all our vendors were amazing- just a little hiccup with photography that I’m sure will work out.
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Lucky you!!!
    We had to wait for our engagement photos for over 6 weeks but was offered a complimentary gift… which we never received. When I inquired about the gift I was told that it’s ‘complimentary’, so no obligation. It’s been an interesting journey 🤣😂🤣. I’m positive the pics will be great- just need to be more patient.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute

Most photographer contracts state what their turnaround is but anything under three months is reasonable as long as it was communicated and agreed to before hand.

• Cassandra
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Ok thanks. Will doSmiley smile
  • A
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute

I was told 6-8 weeks to get my photos back! Though my photographer did end up delivering early but that's just bonus!

• Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    4-6 weeks is a reasonable timeframe. During the peak of wedding season (fall & summer), it could take 8 weeks but there should be effective communication.
    I’d suggest sending a follow up email and asking a timeframe you should expect the pictures.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles