Skip to main content
Sara
Sara

West Vancouver, British Columbia · From September 2018

I am a small town gal living in North Vancouver working in downtown Vancouver. I met my love in college and we reconnected many years later. We love... View more

I am a small town gal living in North Vancouver working in downtown Vancouver. I met my love in college and we reconnected many years later. We love hiking, road trips, adventures , craft beer and travel. Simple people aiming for a simple yet fulfilling life.

Happily married 🎉

September 14, 2019

1068days 18hrs
Kelly
8 days
Kelly, On September 4, 2019 at 16:55

EIGHT. FREAKING. DAYS. Help! What do I do! Whats left! AHHHH

Colleen, friday 6-Sep-19 13
Sam
Wedding dress
Sam, On August 3, 2019 at 09:22

I’m looking to spend as little as possible on a wedding dress but no stores actually post any of their prices online. Where are some places that have decently priced wedding dresses? I would love to...

Marina, thursday 7-May-20 34
Kelsey
Venue first or guest list first?
Kelsey, On July 25, 2019 at 12:42

Hello! My partner and I got engaged 2 weeks ago so we are just in the baby stages of planning our wedding for 2021. We've made a guest list and it came out to about 130 people, not too bad. So we are...

Ashley, monday 26-Aug-19 14
Rylee
No DJ?
Rylee, On July 26, 2019 at 12:34

I just want to get some opinions but we are thinking of just having our own playlist at the wedding and skip having a DJ? Is this a bad plan? We have music friends that will help us out with the...

Janaya, tuesday 27-Aug-19 35
Faye
Decorator
Faye, On March 28, 2019 at 16:38

Do most people hire a decorator for their wedding? I asked our venue if they put a pleated skirt or something different on our head table and they said no. I wanted the head table to stand out but I'm...

Sara, thursday 20-Jun-19 20
Heather
Affordable rehearsal dinner alternatives
Heather, On May 24, 2019 at 07:19

Hi everyone. A formal rehearsal dinner at our venue or a restaurant isn’t in our budget so I was hoping to get some ideas for a rehearsal dinner at home or a backyard. 25 people. Any ideas for food or...

Sara, saturday 25-May-19 8
Sarah
Day of coordinator?
Sarah, On May 24, 2019 at 11:32

I’m starting to think I want one but not sure if I want to pay for one. I may ask my future sister in law to help with that. Has anyone had experience with them? Do you recommend having someone help...

Sarah, monday 3-Jun-19 17
Cassie
Engagement rings
Cassie, On May 3, 2019 at 14:17

Hello lovelies! I just got engaged April 10, 2019 and wanted to share this beauty-Vera Wang say whaaaat-he got me with everyone. It’s off getting sized and I naturally miss it haha. I want to see your...

Ashlea, thursday 4-Jun-20 48
Hales
Need help with choosing wedding rings
Hales, On April 6, 2019 at 23:40

So my FH got me an engagement ring which I adore... it is super me... the problem is... it's very curvy. Ideally I'd love the wedding band to sit flush and/or compliment it because I really want the...

Jennifer, saturday 13-Apr-19 8
Lynnie
Doing or Ditching: Sleeping separately the night before the wedding?
Lynnie, On April 1, 2019 at 09:05

Traditionally, couples spent the night before the wedding sleeping in separate beds as a “last night alone” and so that you don’t wake up and see each other before the ceremony! What are your sleeping...

Anna, sunday 7-Apr-19 47
Genesis
Wedding Day
Genesis, On April 2, 2019 at 01:56

Hey everyone, So our wedding is coming up in 5 months. The only thing left I have to do is order the chairs and arrange the finishing touches. So all the vendors and “to do’s” are almost out of the...

Genesis, tuesday 2-Apr-19 8
TeamDNA
Rehearsal Dinner Invites
TeamDNA, On March 28, 2019 at 16:42

Hi everyone, how are you or did you go about inviting people to your rehearsal dinner? Its going to be casual-having it at the Canadian Brewhouse. I really dont want to send out invites. Most of my...

Vinod, thursday 23-May-19 16
TeamDNA
False Eye Lashes or Water Proof?
TeamDNA, On March 29, 2019 at 12:04

Hey veryone, what way are you going for your eyelashes? I heard if you cry too much the false eyelashes can fall off but i dont know if i want to chance water proof. Thinking extensions are out since...

Tori, monday 1-Apr-19 16
L
"Something Unique" that you love about your wedding?
Liarra, On March 29, 2019 at 06:26

Curious to hear what unique things people are incorporating into their big day! For us, seeing as were getting married in February, I didn't want/need a crazy amount of expensive flowers. Instead of...

Bianca, monday 1-Apr-19 43
Courtney
Day of Help
Courtney, On March 18, 2019 at 17:04

Hi community! My fiancé and I are having our wedding at a restaurant in May (in Vancouver). The staff should be quite helpful in running the wedding so we were told we wouldn't need a wedding...

Vinod, saturday 30-Mar-19 8
Kaitlyn
Floral Budget?
Kaitlyn, On February 15, 2019 at 11:16

Hey brides, I’m starting to think about floral needs/arrangements for my August 2020 wedding. How much of your budget are you allocating to flowers? Are you using real or faux? A combination? Thanks!...

Dominique, thursday 3-Jun-21 49
Sara
rsvp on wedding website
Sara, On March 12, 2019 at 13:02

Hey all, Does anyone know if there is a way to edit or adjust the RSVP tab on the wedding website ? We are doing a cocktail reception and so there is no need to have a meat selection and I worry if it...

WeddingWire Support, wednesday 13-Mar-19 5
Seleena
Price Changes?
Seleena, On February 25, 2019 at 18:02

Hi everyone, just wondering if this has happened to anyone? I selected and booked my venue 1 year in advance. I was given a package with all of the pricing details (which was good). But recently, as...

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 25
Sara
Wedding Venue Cancelled; now what??!!
Sara, On February 8, 2019 at 23:51

Hello, I'm freaking out a bit. I locked down, or so I thought, my wedding venue for Sept 14, 2019. We got the event space of the Beach House restaurant in West Vancouver as they were going to have new...

Sara, sunday 24-Feb-19 37
Alycia
Need help with Hashtag!!
Alycia, On February 10, 2019 at 08:39

Hashtag I suck at this!! I really wanna come up with something creative but not too cheesy, which is proving to be quite difficult. My FH name is Maxime Lafontaine and Mine is Alycia Prevost. I’m...

Alycia, sunday 17-Feb-19 16
Sara
Hotels for guests
Sara, On January 30, 2019 at 15:49

Hello, As I go through the planning of our wedding I realized that we forgot a piece when considering our venue : hotels in relation to the venue! Our ceremony / cocktail reception is in West...

Bianca, wednesday 6-Feb-19 11
L
Games
Linda, On January 26, 2019 at 09:33

I saw a sign on a wedding website that said, "Don't feel like dancing? Grab a buddy and play a game!" Has anyone ever been to a wedding where they did that? Are you planning to do that? It's something...

Stephanie, wednesday 30-Jan-19 19
Tori
Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!!
Tori, On January 10, 2019 at 14:32

As the Holidays are coming to an end (Ukrainian Christmas was on the 7th!), I am noticing a lot of new faces here on Wedding Wire and I am so intrigued to find out how it all went down with your...

Tori, friday 22-Feb-19 67
Colleen
September 2019 Weddings!
Colleen, On January 18, 2019 at 09:28

Hi all, I was curious about who else is getting hitched in September 2019! I'd love to hear any details about your wedding plans. For me, I got engaged in August to my best friend. We live in Manitoba...

Seleena, monday 18-Mar-19 34
Katrin
Anyone else thinking of having an active + adventurous honeymoon?
Katrin, On January 18, 2019 at 11:36

My partner and I are quite active and LOVE to travel. We went to Spain for 3 weeks 2 months into meeting because we clicked so well. We both don't really care for resorts and want to be as friendly to...

Kaisha, thursday 7-Feb-19 12
Lynnie
Style Showdown: Vibrant or Pastel Palette?
Lynnie, On December 10, 2018 at 09:05

Are you obsessed with weddings that are bright, bold, and colourful? Or do you love the light pastel palettes? Do you prefer vibrant or pastel colour palettes? Vibrant? Photo from Hitched by Joelle in...

Rayanne, monday 2-Sep-19 67
Lynnie
Style Showdown: Greenery or Flowers?

Do you love the natural look of greenery or are you all about the flower blossoms? Which decor style do you prefer? 🍃🌸 Greenery? Photo from by Francesca, xo Weddings and Events in Toronto Or Flowers?...

Rayanne, monday 2-Sep-19 75
Lynnie
Style Showdown: Sand or Snow?

The battle of the climates!! Would you rather feel the sand between your toes while saying "I do", or celebrate in the snow? Which wedding style gets your vote, sand or snow?? Sand? 🏖️ Photo from...

Rayanne, monday 2-Sep-19 70
Lynnie
Style Showdown: Barn or Ballroom?

Which type of venue is more your style? Do you love the rustic look of barns? Or are you more into the ballroom atmosphere? Barn? Cambium Farms in Caledon, ON Or Ballroom? Fairmont Waterfront Hotel...

Rayanne, monday 2-Sep-19 82

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics