Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hales
Newbie June 2020 Ontario

Need help with choosing wedding rings

Hales, on April 6, 2019 at 23:40 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8

So my FH got me an engagement ring which I adore... it is super me... the problem is... it's very curvy. Ideally I'd love the wedding band to sit flush and/or compliment it because I really want the engagement ring to stay front and centre however I'm sort of picky and don't want an enhancer band (imo I feel like should something happen to my engagement ring the wedding band should be able to hold up as a ring of its own and enhancers just seem too... extra).

https://www.peoplesjewellers.com/075-ct-tw-certified-canadian-diamond-split-shank-engagement-ring-14k-twotone-gold-ii2/p/V-20065646 this is the engagement ring.

My first instinct was a ring kind of like this https://www.peoplesjewellers.com/025-ct-tw-diamond-anniversary-band-10k-white-gold/p/V-19992479 because I like the filigree pattern...

...then my FH saw rings like this https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/656999495/vine-wedding-bands-set-in-vintage-style?ref=user_profile and he liked them because he liked that they looked like one was cut from the other.

Though I have to say I like it... I don't know if it would look weird/ detract from the engagement ring. Especially since the ring has that braided look I don't know how well any band would go with it. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on the sort of ring that would compliment the style of engagement ring I have?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on April 13, 2019 at 00:49
  • J
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would recommend going to different stores and trying on wedding bands. If your engagement ring is from People's, People's might make a matching band that fits snug.

I have a pear shaped ring with 6 prongs. I tried on wedding bands in store and ultimately decided to go the custom route to have my wedding band sit snug against my engagement ring.

The plan is to purchased a third inexpensive ring off amazon that matches my FH's. That way I can wear this ring on my own (eg. Gym, travel) if I choose not to wear my regular set. You could purchase the etsy rings and wear that when you don't want to wear your regular set?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I love the idea of having the guys ring and your ring look like they were the same. My Fiancé's wedding band will be similar to that idea. His will be etched to take the shape of my engagement ring.

At the same time - you said he liked it...

Is there any way you could see about getting a custom wedding band? That way it could fit your ring perfectly and have the aspect that your FH likes in the one ring!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just so people don't have to click on the links necessarily:

E-RingNeed help with choosing wedding rings 1

First Instinct RingNeed help with choosing wedding rings 2

Etsy Rings (his and hers)Need help with choosing wedding rings 3

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Candace's advice is spot on. You need to try on rings with yours to get the full effect of what it will look like together. You might be surprised by what you end up liking!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the other ladies! The rings that your FH likes are super nice, but I think it would be too much going on to add that to your engagement ring because it is already so beautiful!
    Look around at different stores and try on different styles!
  • Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe look for a local jeweler to have something designed? I did that and actually ended up with two rings so that there’s a balance (one on either side of the e-ring. Just having one placed on my finger for ceremony though) but I can wear them together if I don’t want to wear my diamond.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Candace, go to stores and try on wedding bands with your gorgeous e-ring! You might the look of something you wouldn't have thought about if you get to see it in person.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely love the engagement ring! The best way to go about picking a band would probably be to go into a jewelry store and try on different bands with your ring. Once you find a style of band that you like with the ring you can shop around a little bit more. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics