Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Genesis
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Wedding Day

Genesis, on April 2, 2019 at 01:56 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Hey everyone,
So our wedding is coming up in 5 months. The only thing left I have to do is order the chairs and arrange the finishing touches. So all the vendors and “to do’s” are almost out of the way.. But I am having a really tough time getting excited about this wedding. I am excited to marry my fiancé and our marriage, that is no question. It just feels like I’m planning this massive party but feeling like there is no substance to it? I have no clue. We didn’t have an engagement party and I’m letting my bridesmaids order their own dresses as long as they are in shades of green and most of them haven’t got their dresses yet but this isn’t stressing me out. I’m pretty laid back..and I don’t even know if there is going to be a bridal shower or who is planning it to be honest.
Just wondering if anyone else is feeling the same as me or if there are any tips on what to do to get excited about it?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Genesis, on April 2, 2019 at 18:13
  • Genesis
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Genesis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey everyone!
    Thanks for all the input. It’s true I think it’s cause we haven’t been able to do much celebrating with our friends and family, or really do anything with the bridal party, and that’s why I think it’s feeling like more of a “giant party” then it is our wedding. Also, I don’t ask my bridesmaids to do anything and half of them are on the other side of the country so it’s a bit hard to get everyone together. Especially with my MOH living in Toronto. I’m doing much of this on my own. Anyway, I need to get out of this mindset. It does make me excited when I listen to wedding music and shop for little nicknacks for the wedding and I am sure it will be more exciting when the time gets closer and closer.
    Thanks for the input all! 💕 Happy planning!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

THIS! Yes totally! I'm trying hard to be excited, but its difficult to see that its about US, and we're getting lost in the details of the planning.

We just ordered our invitations, so when those get sent out, it'll feel a bit more real.

I'm so happy we decided to do a sweetheart table instead of a head table. It'll be just the two of us and we don't have to feel like we have to entertain our friends next to us.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know how you feel! I feel like since the ceremony is only 1/2 hour and the reception is way longer, that it's just a massive party. However, I find planning vows, special songs, etc. gets me pumped for the Wedding part of the wedding lol.

You could ask your maids if they are planning on a bridal shower for you, and if not, and you want one, ask if they'd be able to! It might add to your excitement.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The excitement for the wedding planning may be there, yet its not to the point of being close of having everything in order to see visually until the day.

Its great you have the TO DO list almost done and bridesmaids taking care of their dresses.

When the time comes, you will get your dress, flowers in place and see how they look, all the other things to follow, you will start getting excited.

I had the same feeling of the excitement in the beginning and got the big ticket items out of the way and started focusing on the small ticket items online. Some of the purchases were savings upon working in the mall and knowing the people in the stores.

My husbands outfit with hat and suit were the choices to worry about with him and had to make sure all looked good at the end, and it did.

Just wait for the moment months before the wedding and you will start feeling less worried and more excited when your whole vision is coming together and that excitement with your FH will come.

• Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hear you! I am a bit worried our wedding is going to be a bit bland but at the same time I don't want a lot of the traditional things. We will have games and music, drinks and food. One thing I noticed that as I go through our guest list (max 75 people) my list is quite a bit smaller than my fiance's. He has a bigger family and is much more connected with his family as well. I have a few friends but no one is planning a party or trip or anything, that I know of. This kind of bummed me out the other day but the support I got from a friend (who knew I didn't want a fuss or a lot of people so she told me not to put her on the guest list. She is 100% on the list now) and this helped a lot.

I originally did not want to do a wedding but now that we are in the midst of planning I am starting to have moments of fun with it. Then I get overwhelmed with it all.

The thing that is helping me, when I get overwhelmed or second guess things, is I talk to my fiance and then he usually suggests a date night where we are not allowed to talk wedding. Just connect, de-stress and let go. This has helped a lot.

You'll have the fun moments. Just don't dwell too much on the not so fun stuff.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm feeling the same way. Although we've had a LOT of issues with our planning process including our original wedding being completely cancelled due to the vendors going under, parents saying they aren't coming, changing plans completely to make other people happy, the list goes on and on. I'm excited to be married to my FH and start our life as a married couple, but we're both SUPER over the whole wedding planning process.

I agree with the other girls. Let your party know that you want a bridal shower/ bachelorette. They're so easy to put together and so much fun. Maybe that will make you feel like this "party" is for YOU.

Smiley heart

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Genesis!

Get what your saying with trying to get pumped for it when there has been lots of stress and also if you don't know if your having those fun events leading up to it! Does your wedding party all now each other? If not you could always plan a little get together and have a night of games/fun with them. I would just hint at your MOH that you would like the bridal shower/bachorlette. This way she kinda knows.

Have you booked your hair/makeup trial and dress fittings? This is something that I look forward to

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know if this will help or not, but the times that I've related to the 'I'm just planning a massive party' has been when it feels like we're just planning the wedding to make people happy. If that's how you're feeling, maybe you can focus on the details about the wedding you enjoy or focus on the memories that you'll make that day and be happy to look back at in 20 years, or even change things that you don't like about your wedding plans.

Or you could be not as excited because there haven't been as much pre-wedding events or celebrations that you imagined would happen. In that case, maybe ask your bridesmaids about a bridal shower so they know for sure that you want one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics