Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TeamDNA
Beginner June 2019 Alberta

Rehearsal Dinner Invites

TeamDNA, on March 28, 2019 at 16:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16
Hi everyone, how are you or did you go about inviting people to your rehearsal dinner? Its going to be casual-having it at the Canadian Brewhouse. I really dont want to send out invites. Most of my family, fiance's family and our entire wedding party is on facebook but im not sure if that is tacky. Any suggestions or thoughts?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 23, 2019 at 21:57
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Create a invite that is simple and to let guests/wedding party know the Rehearsal is the location, date, time, and attire. This will be easier to send out on facebook not being tacky at all.

The way I created the portion of Welcome Dinner (aka Rehearsal) without traditions. The directions only to the restaurant and back to the venue. Attire is something you can add if the venue is nice and your guests should be dressed up.

• Tamara
    Beginner July 2019 Alberta
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on sending an email to those that are coming to the evening's events. With an email you are able to personalize it a little more than a facebook invite.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t do an invitation for the rehearsal; honestly didn’t know that was a thing! We just told people in person or email when to come for rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
  • Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance is in the midst of drawing/ creating our invitations. I think that I will have him use that to then create an email invite for the rehearsal dinner invites. We are just hosting people at our place. We will do a run through at the venue a month or so before so we don't need to do much of a rehearsal...more of a review. We want to have our out of town folks who aren't necessarily in the wedding party to be able to come hangout if they're in town. Kind of a party before the party.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A card can be added to let your guests know where and when the Rehearsal Dinner is happening. Details of room, date and time included on a small size card.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just sent everyone a message via text or email to let them know we were having the rehearsal dinner the night before and that they were invited. We ordered so much stationary for everything we didn't want to put more money towards invites for the rehearsal dinner and everyone totally understood that. I think a facebook message would be great, you can even great a group chat on FB and put any details about it in there for everyone to see.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing it by word of mouth! We aren't really doing a full "dinner" but I do need people there for the rehearsal... we rented a room at the church to order in pizzas for people after to keep it cheap and easy!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I considered doing invites but might go with a Facebook event instead/email invitations. I'm in a wedding in June and the bride is doing e-invites to save on postage/avoid invites.

• TeamDNA
    Beginner June 2019 Alberta
    TeamDNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone. your thoughts are helping me out a lot. Smiley smile
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think telling them on Facebook is tacky at all!

If you are having a smaller rehearsal dinner I think that is easier than having to send out invites for everyone

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are just going to text/use messenger...we are all very informal haha

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m probably just going to call people and let them know. It’s all family that will be involved which makes it a bit easier!
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Told by phone or when I happened to see them.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If a facebook invite is easy enough, or you could call for those who don't have it. Ours will be casual and word of mouth

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's tacky at all! My FH's cousin's made a FB event page for her wedding and I'm not sure if there will be physical invitations at all.
    To be extra cautious I would still give them a call to let them know you've invited them on FB Smiley smile
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about calling? It's not quite a formal invite but a phone call would make people feel special, and is a bit more personal than a facebook invite.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics