Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

Day of coordinator?

Sarah, on May 24, 2019 at 11:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
I’m starting to think I want one but not sure if I want to pay for one. I may ask my future sister in law to help with that.
Has anyone had experience with them? Do you recommend having someone help to run things? What was your experience?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on June 3, 2019 at 14:53
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks guys!! Love hearing the positive reviews. I went ahead and booked one thankfully her prices were quite reasonable. I am meeting her this week and can’t wait to have her assistance on the big day!!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At first, We didn't want one. Super expensive, thought we could handle it all. But then we had our social, which was an insane amount of work. We found we couldn't even visit with our friends and family who showed up to support us because we were too busy running the show.

After that, we started looking for one. It became really apparent to us that we didn't want to be doing what we did at our social at our wedding. We wanted to be able to take it in and enjoy it. We also didn't want any of our friends to have to do this role because they're our guests and we didn't want them working.

I'm actually so glad we hired ours. Its a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. I know she'll have everything in check and I can sit back and enjoy the day. Worth every penny.

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Sarah
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our Day of coordinator was a life saver on our wedding day. I had nothing to do that morning except get ready and drinks mimosas because she handled everything. She made sure my husband and I didn’t see each other until the ceremony and she made sure all our vendors got everything set up in time and found us ok. The cost for the coordinator was included in our venue so I’m not sure about cost but I think it would be totally worth it!
  • Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was having a hard time not taking on the stress that comes with wedding planning and since I work a highly stressful job I found I was heading for burnout much too quickly. The moment we locked in our day of coordinator I was able to let go of 90% of the stress! She was honest with us saying that we had done more than enough and that paying her to do full planning would be a waste of money. With her Day of Coordinating she comes in TWO MONTHS before and takes over emails. She will help with the timeline and decorations set up. I have a few friends that will coordinate take down. At this point I am more worried that I haven't done enough but every time I review my list(s) it all seems in order. Just a few things that need to happen but they are things others are doing so it will either happen or not.

Plug for our coordinator in the Vancouver area : Epic Events and she recommended BeSpoke rentals for some decorations/furniture rentals.

• J
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also a little on the fence about this. My venue has a coordinator, who has set up timelines, organizes room flipping, audio, and the catering. I have considered hiring a florist who will do all the decor set up and teardown (including place cards) and have a family member be a point person for emergencies. With so few outside vendors I don't see how a coordinator would be needed, it may just be an expensive peace of mind thing, haha.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It sounds like it!! Thanks again!! Ps sorry about your mom. My dad passed as well so I know it’s not easy. I wish you all the best too and I hope you have a stress free wedding as well!
  • Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh good! I don’t think you will regret it! I’m happy you came to that decision. Don’t look back or regret it. I think it will be the best $500 you spent towards your wedding.

I hope your wedding day is stress free and beautiful!

All the best.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds so great!! at this point I can’t imagine having to worry about so many details like that. I want to really enjoy the day as much as possible.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, that is SO helpful. That’s a good point about having family involved for something work related.. I decided I will definitely hire one. I found one for $500... sounds so worth it honestly
  • Amie
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I decided to get a planner - initially I was only going to go with a day of coordinator but I found a promotion for partial planning almost the same cost as some day of coordinators so I went with the partial planning.

Things I’ve heard from brides on the day of coordinator-— worth every penny for the day of so you aren’t stressing
    -a lot of day of coordinators actually work with you the entire week up to the wedding (in YVR anyways) so this helps relieve a lot of your stress and busyness the week of the wedding
    -hiring a professional may make things less complicated so you don’t have to mix family and business. I can imagine things could get hairy if something falls apart

personally, hiring a planner has been the best money spent IMO. Now I live in a different province than my bridal party and my mom unfortunately passed away two years ago so I was going to be doing all of it solo. I would recommend finding someone. Like I said, a lot of coordinators help out with more than just day of so you can actually enjoy the process and the wedding.

Let js us know what you decide.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted one but my FH said no. We have enough family that will be with us to help out when we’re taking our pictures at the venue.

its also saving us from spending $1000+.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hired one - but I would say only hire one if you need them.

The reason I hired mine was because she is also the owner of our wedding venue - which has absolutely NO CELL SERVICE! Therefore I needed to have a way of them to communicate with her. Plus our venue is outside the city by 45 minutes so our vendors may need help finding their way and that wasn't a job I wanted to give myself.

The price tag for our Month of / Day of Coordinator was $1,000

Here are some pics of our contract to give you an idea of what will be provided:

Day of coordinator? 1

Day of coordinator? 2

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yikes!! That’s not in our budget either haha definitely keep looking. I’ve seen them go for a few hundred
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know that’s really true about wanting family and friends to enjoy themselves. My future SIL is just really into event planning so I feel she’d like to help out that way but I will talk to her. I’ll for sure look around fb etc too. Thanks!
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel the same.
    We have some time to think about it.
    I don't want to be distracted at all on our wedding day, especially if it's something like did anyone light the center piece candles.
    I am going to look around though as my initial search has them around $1000 for the day and that isn't in our budget.
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hummed and hawed over this as well.

I decided it was beneficial to have someone to deal with everything the day of, and who know what to do when something goes wrong. I thought of having a friend or family member do it. But I don't want them running around the whole time, and would love to let them enjoy themselves.

And you don't want to be stressed the day of either or fielding phone calls from Vendors and etc.

However I did not pay a ridiculous price for mine either.

I found a lady that does it because she loves it, not a massive paycheck.

She has even helped me so far with some general advice questions, and timeline stuff.

My advice is if you want one... look around, ask for recommendations (Facebook wedding buy and sell groups are great). You might be able to find someone a lot more affordable than you think. Cause some of their prices are ridiculous in my opinion haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics