Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrin
Frequent user September 2019 Ontario

Anyone else thinking of having an active + adventurous honeymoon?

Katrin, on January 18, 2019 at 11:36 Posted in Honeymoon 0 12

My partner and I are quite active and LOVE to travel. We went to Spain for 3 weeks 2 months into meeting because we clicked so well. We both don't really care for resorts and want to be as friendly to the environment and local economy as possible. For our honeymoon, we are thinking of backpacking in Thailand or Nepal (or maybe Greece) and just sleeping at hostels. Anyone else doing something a little more crazy like this? We want to come back with stories to tell!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on February 7, 2019 at 20:12
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Athens Greece and then flew to Italy rented a car and stayed in Airbnbs. It was amazing! I wouldn't have changed a thing.

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go the adventure route all the way if it were just me. But I’m open to trying all kinds of ways to travel and my S.O. Really wants to try a resort. I’ve always been less keen about resorts, but I am for the reason he wants to try one. We have never done one, and we want to go and just relax without worrying about anything. We just spend 2 weeks in Italy recently which was an amazing adventure but we both agreed to do something more low key next time. I’m open to a cruise too.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We couldn't decide what we wanted. I mean, I knew I didn't want to lie on a beach for a week. We opted for a cruise instead, because I can laze around if I feel like it, or there's SO MUCH to do on a cruise ship. Plus, the itinerary for our cruise is INTENSE (no at sea days - we stop at a port every day) so we'll keep busy!

• Xandra
    Beginner November 2019 Quebec
    Xandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't as big travellers, but we decided for our honeymoon we want to experience something special together, or accomplish something together. We've looked at island hopping in Greece, going to see the northern lights up north, or even a culinary roadtrip adventure somewhere we've never been. We don't want to sit around doing nothing! I have alternative itineraries for all of them, and they can be very affordable if utilizing things like airbnb. Best of luck to you, and let us know what you end up doing!!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We considered doing a beach/resort honeymoon to just relax after the stress of planning and having the wedding but figured we probably wont be able to go on/afford many adventurous trips once we have kids so we decided to go that route now, and do the beach resort stuff in a few years.

We are going to Scotland for 8 days and then on to Iceland for 3 days on the way home. We are staying at decent hotels/Air bnbs so it will still be a bit relaxing, but we are also doing a lot of tours and such

• Katrin
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha! A beach sounds very relaxing as well. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. Right?! I keep hearing about Thailand too, and it changes your life.

• Katrin
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Makes sense! I like that idea as well! Yeah, hostels are a little crazy. Might only do that once or twice. Sounds phenominal though!

• Katrin
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds awesome! I agree, I think we might wait as well. You don't want to run out of money like halfway through an intense trip like that. Sounds fab though!

• Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Fiance and I originally wanted to do an epic Honeymoon - Go to Tanzania and climb Kilimanjaro, then spend a week doing a safari and then have a few days of beach time in Zanzibar. We decided to be financially responsible and put it off until our 1 year anniversary.

Now we are thinking some sort of hiking/camping combo in Hawaii.

You do whatever works for you!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not doing that but if that's something that will make you both happy, definitely go for it!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not! After the crazy of wedding planning we are going to sit on a beach for a week 100%! I will say though I know someone who has backpacked around Thailand twice (both for 2 weeks each) and it sounds absolutely amazing.... like they have convinced me to do it sometime!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my honest opinion, that sounds awesome! We aren’t beach people! So when we go on our honeymoon, it will be either New Zealand, or Europe. We won’t be sleeping in hostels, but if I was younger with no kids I would haha. (Our honeymoon will be comfort and alone time because we never get any) haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics