Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!!

Tori, on January 10, 2019 at 14:32 Posted in Before the wedding 0 67

As the Holidays are coming to an end (Ukrainian Christmas was on the 7th!), I am noticing a lot of new faces here on Wedding Wire and I am so intrigued to find out how it all went down with your proposals????

Who proposed to who?

What item did they propose with – or what was it a verbal exchange?

When was it? Days leading up the Christmas? On Christmas? New Years Eve? Anniversary?

Where. Did. It. All. Go. Down??

How long have you been together – but how long have you known that they were “The ONE”?

For me, I proposed to my then boyfriend - now Fiancé Kael!

I proposed with a couple bracelets from Claire's that said "His One" and "Her Only" on them.

I proposed on December 30th 2017 for no specific reason other than it was time - and I wanted to ask him at a specific place that was only open for a few more days.

That place was the Canad Inns Winter Wonderland Light Show.

We met on February 24th 2017, were Facebook official March 5th 2017, I proposed December 30th 2017, and we are tying the knot on October 5th 2019! We will have been together for 2 years and 7 months on our wedding day!

67 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on February 22, 2019 at 09:21
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dang, now that is some preparation and planning!!

• Celine
    Newbie September 2019 British Columbia
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    (To go along with my post!)❤️

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!! 1
  • Celine
    Newbie September 2019 British Columbia
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My current fiancé proposed to me on my birthday! We took a very romantic endeavour to Italy for a few weeks. He had given little hints about the secret he had planned for me that day throughout the days leading up to the special day. On the day of the proposal, he took me to a very romantic island called St. George’s island by water ferry. He booked a photographer for the day and she ended up being on the same ferry as us on our way to the island! We went into the church it was so peaceful and quiet. He messaged the photographer as I soaked in the vines from the brilliant architecture of the church. Minutes later he walked me out to the end of the island facing the sea and the most breathtaking view of st. Marks square. There a violinist was playing cont partiro by Andrea Bocceli. He turned to me and dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him. The camera started flashing and my heart melted! I said yes, through tears of course!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

😍 So cute!!!

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I put one of the ring on the collar and then two of the most reacent photos i have because i never got a good photo with her that day

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!! 2

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!! 3

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!! 4
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww!!! Pictures of kitten please!!! lol That is so cute!

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who proposed to who?

My FH Sean proposed to me

He had tied the ring with a ribbon on my kittens neck

When was it? Days leading up the Christmas? On Christmas? New Years Eve? Anniversary?

No particular day that was special on February 19, 2018

in our first apartment

How long have you been together – but how long have you known that they were “The ONE”?

Ill be 4 yrs this July, i knew about a year year in. we were doing long distance and the factor that he was still around through all the hardship i just knew

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who proposed to who?

He proposed to me. 7 times. I said no the first 6. 😂

I always told him I'd say no. So he got one of those $12 costume jewellery rings from Walmart and proposed with that. I friggin' LOVE that thing.

December 4th 2016. The night of the first snowfall after our little one was in bed. He asked her permission first. The time I said yes, that is.

Outside on the front steps of the first house we lived in together. During the first snowfall. Around 11pm.

We were together 7 months when I said yes. Will be together for 3 years in May. Honestly, I never got the "the one" feeling, we just fit from day one and texting online. He, however, had the "the one" feeling from the day we met face to face about a year after we met on an anonymous secret sharing app.
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

😍😍

That sounds amazing!!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm a bit late to reply but I have loved reading all of these proposal stories!

Who proposed to who?
    He proposed to me

he proposed with the most beautiful engagement ring that he has picked out months before

It was September 5th 2018

We both live in Ontario but we were in Calgary visiting his family (he is originally from there). I've always wanted to camp in the mountains/hike up a mountain so he and I headed to the mountains for a night and we hiked up the Nihahi ridge near Kananaskis. He proposed as soon as we got to the top- he pretended to be searching his backpack for snacks while I was taking pictures of the view (he was getting the ring) Then he said he set up his phone in a little shrub to take a selfie of us at the top but really he had it set to record (so he could get a still shot of the moment later), then he got down on one knee and asked me! I didn't see it coming at all- we have talked about getting married but he kept hinting that the proposal would happen around Christmas. It was so nice that it happened there because we were able to tell his family in person afterwards which was a lot of fun!

We have been together for just over 2 years. I knew he was the one almost from the beginning- I'd never met someone I could be completely myself around and we just have SO much in common in all the right ways.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha, that’s what makes it real! Lol
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's crazy how your mind can just completely blank after something like that right??? I know that when I proposed - before I broke into tears of emotion - I said at least 2 or 3 things as to why my Fiancé is the man of my dreams and blah blah blah I can't remember!!! lol I did have an actual list though so I told him he can hear the full thing on our wedding day in a letter Smiley smile

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so cool!! I love the picture 😂😂

• Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha, right?! I also love that we hadn’t showered for a few days and were in rain and fog. Not all put together.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I LOVE IT!!!! Honestly, the shock on your face is amazing!
  • Athena
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Athena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who proposed to who?

He proposed to me.

When was it?

May 31, 2018

How long have you been together?

By the time we get married this coming August it'll be just a week shy of 5yrs since we first met for coffee.

What item did they propose with – or what was it a verbal exchange? Where. Did. It. All. Go. Down??

It was very much an ordinary sort of day. My partner had been away for school for much of the previous months prior, however he was back in town to help me with the packing up of our apartment as I would be joining him at last.

We were going to hear a talk at the local library downtown and we were having a little sushi dinner out nearby. We had some time to kill before the talk, so he suggested we take a walk down by the water. He had been carrying around this little Roots bag--which struck me as very random--and I asked if he wanted to stuff it in my backpack. Instead he suggested we sit down on this bench facing the harbour and the boats.

He then hands me the little Roots bag. I am completely clueless when I open it and there's a card with a little jewelry box inside. He has always loved giving me cards for any sort of occasion and I figured the jewelry box was another pendant since he's given me several over the years as he knows how much I love them.

I read the card which speaks about how happy he is we're together and how he's glad that I'll be joining him. Then it simply ends: "Ps. Marry me?"

I was COMPLETELY surprised. We had talked about marriage, but I figured if he were to propose it wouldn't happen until after he finished school, which was over a year away at that point. He however felt it was important that I knew he was all in before I packed up my life and made this big move.

He chose the ring himself and it's perfect. It's inspired by the painting that I created that's my profile icon.

I absolutely love how he proposed. I love how it was so completely ordinary and "us" while being ridiculously special.

As we were walking back to the library I told him that I was probably going to remember very little about this talk we were headed to. Smiley laugh

• Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I had helicoptered up to a back country lake near Squamish BC with friends for a weekend of adventure.
    On our last morning we took the canoe out (we were on Lake Lovely Water) and found a waterfall to hike up. While we were taking a break and some selfies my fiancé managed to pull out the ring and hold it up. I got a selfie of my own surprise! I call it the double chin surprise. Lol

I’m not one for big theatrics or public proposals so he did it in the perfect way.

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!! 5
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely think that proposals should be a surprise. There are so many Christmas, New Year, Valentine's Day and Anniversary proposals.(which are still nice) It's too predictable! Plus is makes some people crazy, ESPECIALLY Valentine's Day..a bunch of women expecting proposals. My friend actually was convinced her BF was going to propose last VDay..he didn't then she was convinced the would at Easter when all the family was together..he didn't! She was so sad and disappointed for no reason other than her getting her hopes up.
    The fact that Kyle did it the day before our anniversary was funny, and he did it as kind of a laugh because he would always say, "I'll never propose ON a holiday or anniversary not anything" well he didn't do it ON our anniversary he did it before lol
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is like - straight out of the movie romantic! I can't believe how well everything went, especially with having both families waiting for you guys to celebrate once you got back down to the launch site!!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was the same exact way about the date! I have an Aunt who got married on Valentine's day... but now she's divorced and you've got to think that she at least thinks about that every Feb. 14th y'know?

For me it was a matter of where! I either wanted to propose where I did - under the heart arches at the Winter Wonderland Light drive through, or when we were going to be going on a trip to Prague in the spring of last year. I really couldn't wait until then though, plus we were going to be in Prague during our 1 year anniversary so it would have been predictable Smiley tongue

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww!! I wish I would have video'd when I proposed! That is so cool that you will be inserting that moment into your reception Smiley heart

• Kristina
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love reading all these stories! Who knew people could be so creative!

My fiancé proposed this past August. I didn’t even know he was looking at rings for over a month before it happened - guess I’m not as observant as I thought haha

My birthday is in August and we decided that we were going to spend it crossing off a bucket list item that we’ve talked about for years - a hot air balloon ride! I thought I was the one doing the research, little did I know was planning the whole thing with one of the pilots! While we were up in the air the pilot had us pose for a “picture” but was really recording as he proposed! When we landed they drove us back to the launch site where both of our families were waiting to celebrate with us (we live about an hour and a half away from where it was so I was so surprised to see them all!) It was 100% the best day of my life and I’m so excited to tie the knot on August 10th this year!

We’ve been together since we were 16, and just celebrated our 11 year anniversary last month. It’s so cheesy to say but I’ve honestly always known he’s the one!

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!! 6
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First I'd like to say I love posts about engagement stories because they are amazing! I absolutely love reading them all!

Who proposed to who?

My FH Kyle, proposed to me. I had made a few comments months before about me proposing to him and he said he didn't want me to propose. Not because he didn't like the girl proposing thing but he was already planning it, I just didn't know it at the time.

He proposed with his grandmother's engagement ring. She passed away March 2017. Her ring was left to his mom and she offered it to him so he could propose. The ring has an amazing story behind it.

My FHs grandfather bought the ring shortly after meeting his grandmother because he knew she was the one he would marry. The only thing was, she was already engaged to someone else. As they got to know each other as friends she eventually fell for him and called off the engagement with her fiance. After they dated and continued to get to know each other he eventually proposed, but he told her it's not like the last time, this ring is a forever ring. One day the diamond fell out of the ring and it was lost but they couldn't afford a new one so they took the diamond from her first engagement ring to the other man and put it in this one.
    Now it's my forever ring.

When was it?

June 18th, 2017. 1 day before our 1 year anniversary. He said he didn't want to do that typical proposal on a special date such as holidays or anniversary, he wanted it to be a surprise. Well it certainly was!

At MacGregor Point Provincial Park. We went camping for a week for our anniversary and he proposed to me right outside the tent. He told me he was going to "check on the ice" in the cooler but really he was getting the ring. When I stepped out of the tent he got down on one knee and asked me!

We have been together for just about 2 years and 8 months. I knew he was the one pretty early actually, we were just about 2 months into dating and I had gone to England for 3 weeks and I missed him so much that I actually couldn't wait for my trip to be over so I could see him. That's how I knew, I wouldn't have felt that for just anyone I knew that he was the one.

• Rachael
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who proposed to who?

He proposed to me.

He proposed with his Grandmother's wedding band set. His family had me actually trying on family heirloom rings before this all went down and I had no clue.

This past August long weekend.

On a walk at my family cottage in Ontario. We both currently live in Alberta but he surprised me 3 days after dropping me off at the airport in Calgary there (he had Go Pro'd some of the trip out east). He kept bugging me to go for a picnic or to get out of the house. He said that he wanted to get a picture of us out and about at the cottage to start out trip back (he planned a camping trip back out west - that I've always wanted to do!) and I thought he was pulling out the remote to have it take a picture, instead he pulled out the ring and got down on one knee! So it is on video and a clip of it will be played before we come into our reception! Before he got everything together, he called each of my siblings (I'm the oldest of five) and my mom to make sure that it was ok.

We have been together over a year and a half . I have known they were the one after about a couple months of dating from how he treated me like gold and was my biggest cheerleader when big things were happening in my life!

• M
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have a video and photos! So happy about them as well as its a great moment to capture! And we are almost 7 years apart as well but its weird to me as usually the girl is the young one not the guy! lol But he does not care about the age at all and between the both of us he is definitely more mature haha.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwwww!!! Love knows no age!! (I am what I consider to be much younger compared to my FH - 7 years and 5 months)

Does that mean that you got your proposal on video or were they just pretending to take a photo?

• M
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Proposal Stories!! I wanna hear Everything!!! 7

We went on our first ever real vacation together and we picked Calgary as we both love to ski! We went skiing with some friends we have out there and apparently everyone knew what was about to happen except for me. He told them the exact perfect spot he wanted to do it at and everyone stopped and said we were going to take a group photo so we all got together and my friend pulled out her phone and at the last moment everyone walked away from the photo as he got down on his knee. I was in total shock! We have been dating for almost 4 years and I always knew he was the one but never wanted to rush him as he is much younger then I am.. and he totally surprised me. I was in tears and I am so excited to say I do to my best friend this coming September!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was my birthday. We were having some friends over before going out later.

I was actually getting really frustrated with my FH because he was supposed to be helping me clean/decorate and instead he kept freaking out about my birthday cake and spent like 2 hours fixing it.

I couldn’t understand why, It’s just a birthday cake, like help me get stuff done before people get here. Haha.

Well fast forward three hours, they bring my cake out. Once I blow out the candles someone turns my cake around. On the backside in candy letters it says will you marry me, and my FH is behind me on one knee. (apparently the letters kept falling off the cake which is why he was obsessing over it.

I proceeded to start crying and called him a jerk as I hugged him before I said yes. It sounds mean but it was actually really funny and cute looking back on the videos.

We have been together for 2.5 years now. At the time we were together for a little over a year. When we get married it will actually be 3 years to the date that we met. August 24. We were official within a week, and I knew he was the one within the first month.

Also I love that you proposed to him. That's awesome! When you know you know, and I'm glad you took the initiative.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was! It basically ruined me for all other vacations hahah!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds like a dream vacation if I ever heard one Smiley love

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who proposed to who?

He proposed to me Smiley smile

He proposed with a placeholder ring that he got while we were in Mexico. That'll teach me to take a nap on the beach (he must have left for 30 minutes to get it!)!

It was late October on a spontaneous trip to Mexico Smiley smile He thought we needed a little getaway and little did I know he had other plans lol.

Some may have caught on that we were in Mexico lol. It was about 4 hours before we had to leave our resort and I was desperate to go to bed to get a couple hours of sleep before we had to go. He coerced me into staying up and popped the question while we were standing on our balcony (that led out into our own swim-up pool omgggg I miss it).

We're coming up on our 9 year anniversary next month and I knew within the first year of dating Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think after the wedding we might slow down a little. We will see. We have a kitty right now and he is our life, we want another one but we aren't sure how the chemistry between the cats will be so we think we will foster a cat from the local shelter and see how it goes! Our cat is a King and he is spoiled so I want to try it out lol.

We are both in a wedding in August, so no honeymoon baby for us! I do not want to be pregnant at that wedding. Then in September we have a Vegas trip planned so that wouldn't be ideal. Maybe next year we will have a kid. We don't have a house yet we just rent, so that will be a priority next!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics