Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious October 2020 Nova Scotia

Games

Linda, on January 26, 2019 at 09:33 Posted in Wedding reception 0 20

I saw a sign on a wedding website that said, "Don't feel like dancing? Grab a buddy and play a game!" Has anyone ever been to a wedding where they did that? Are you planning to do that? It's something I have never heard of before.

20 Comments

Latest activity by Maria, on April 20, 2023 at 03:16
  • Luanne
    Beginner January 2023 British Columbia
    Luanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing that too! A lot of our family and friends love playing board games and ttrpgs. Alas, no Dungeons & Dragons at the wedding, but we will have a bunch of quick, easy games for guests to choose and play.

(we also bought DnD minis that look like us to go on top of our respective cookie towers instead of the traditional wedding cake)

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend did this. My suggestion is to have games in a different room if possible. Depending on the game. My friend’s husband is really into strategic games that take awhile to play. It was a little loud and dark in the room due to the dance.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I’m not sure I would do a switch you may lose half of the party to it lol.
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a great idea, I will definitely consider doing this. I know not everyone likes to dance now a days and some can’t anymore. So when they get tired I love the idea of being able to give them something fun to do and keep socializing and feeling engaged and not like they’re just sitting around. I don’t know which games I’d bring, definitely playing cards though.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've heard of weddings having yard games - but most recently I've heard of the game boards at weddings. I think they are getting more popular due to restaurants doing that (Here in Winnipeg we have "Across The Board Cafe").

I won't be having board games due to the venue being out of town and I want to minimize what I bring (as well we have a 250 guest list) but we will most likely have cards available for people at the bar!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE this idea!! We have a second floor balcony area at our reception which would be the perfect location to set up a few games. We had planned on doing games like giant Yahtzee, maybe tic tac toe and ring toss. But board games would be even better, we love board games! Definitely going to consider this

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never been to a wedding where this has happened but I love it! It's a nice thing to provide for those who don't want to dance. I don't think we'll be doing it (logistics of our venue doesn't provide a place for it), but it's really cool!

• A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning games for guests to enjoy for the time after the ceremony /before the reception while we're absent getting photos done.
  • Cynthia
    Beginner July 2019 Quebec
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to have two pinball machines hehe
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I may try to personalize playing cards, connect 4 and guess who. But it all depends on my level of craftiness, time and patience.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been tempted to do this. We would set up a couple of tables in the atrium away from the noise a bit and just have some bird games available in case people get tired of dancing. Just trying to decide what games I would put there if I did it
  • A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was definitely planning on having a few games at my wedding! I haven't for sure decided which ones yet but I do want to do some fun ones. Honestly, I was half tempted to set up a Nintendo Switch in an area and have that to play...

• L
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Twister in a wedding dress. That would make for some interesting photos. LOL

• L
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That does look like fun. Smiley smile

• L
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No neither have I Stephanie.

• G
    Newbie May 2020 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girlfriend had board games at their wedding because her and her husband love games. They even had twister!

• Erin
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t been to a wedding with games but I was at a work conference and they had a giant Jenga game that was really fun. It’s nice because it’s quick & all ages !

Games 1
  • Sara
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing this! Most of my friends and family love to hang out playing games, listening to music and having drinks. We are doing a cocktail reception and will have various games at tables. Our friends 13yr old daughter is in charge of the games and will help get people to play.
    So we are basically having a glorified game night for our reception. People can dance if they want.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking of having a few fun and quick games at my wedding. Most of my family love to dance, but they also love to play cards and other games.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh I've never heard of that!! That's actually a really neat idea! We plan on bringing some goodie bags with arts and crafts and booklets for the kids to play with to keep them entertained but I never thought of adult play areas ahahah!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics