Skip to main content
Alissa
Alissa

'Vancouver', British Columbia · From February 2018

Happily married 🎉

September 12, 2020

1294days 1hrs
Alissa
Recommendations for videographer in Vancouver?
Alissa, On May 10, 2018 at 12:21

I am searching for a reasonable videographer... it is not my main priority to have one so I am not looking for THE best, just somebody to capture the ceremony and the speeches (and I'm not interested...

Alissa, wednesday 12-May-21 9
Julia
To get married or not to get married during covid
Julia, On September 15, 2020 at 10:40

Hi all! I married the love of my life a month ago today and it was the best decision regardless of all the hurdles we had to get through. I’m curious to know from fellow 2020 brides if you postponed...

Mais, monday 5-Oct-20 35 1
Sarah
Venue not allowing shots at bar
Sarah, On June 5, 2020 at 14:07

Was going through our renewed contract (due to date change) and noticed they do not serve shots at the open bar. I asked and the catering manager said it’s a legal thing etc. (In Ontario) Is this...

Sarah, friday 3-Jul-20 29
Élisabeth
Wedding band
Élisabeth, On May 27, 2020 at 22:25

Hello everyone! Did some of you order your wedding band online? I’m looking for something like those on the pictures above, and I think it will be easier to find online, but i’m more of irl person....

Alissa, tuesday 2-Jun-20 16
Stefanie
Wedding band
Stefanie, On May 9, 2020 at 22:33

Happy distraction post! What wedding band did you choose for yourself? show it off!!

Sarah, friday 26-Jun-20 71
Alissa
September 2020-reschedule?
Alissa, On April 19, 2020 at 12:50

I'm sure this discussion is completely exhausted. But I am hearing from a lot of June, july, august brides. Our wedding is September 12, with a guest count around 275. We were waiting until June to...

Vanessa, sunday 24-May-20 10
Jennifer
Interfaith ceremony woes
Jennifer, On May 19, 2020 at 13:08

To my other scientist and/or non religious brides out there, how are you doing the ceremony without any mention of religion? My FH knew who I was when we got together and has always been accepting of...

Jennifer, sunday 24-May-20 26
EbonyAriana
September postponement?
EbonyAriana, On April 24, 2020 at 22:51

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing well during this absolutely crazy time. My question for everyone is for September brides what are you doing?? Are you keeping with the original plans or...

Chi-Chi, sunday 10-May-20 46 2
Malou
Kids at the wedding
Malou, On March 10, 2020 at 12:58

Hello everyone! Just curious... For those who got married, did you have guests with kids? For those getting married, are you considering not having kids (except for the entourage: flower girls and...

Carly, tuesday 17-Mar-20 12
Alissa
What time does the reception start
Alissa, On February 29, 2020 at 10:53

If you are having a traditional style wedding, seperate ceremony and reception locations with time for portraits in between, what time will the reception start? We have 250 for a plated dinner, I...

Vinod, tuesday 17-Mar-20 18
Honeylie
Wedding Dress Size - Too Big!!!
Honeylie, On February 27, 2020 at 10:36

Hi All! When I ordered my dress I was a size 14, however was on an ongoing health journey. I have lost 35 pounds, and plan on losing a bit more. I am now between size 8-10 and am worried my dress will...

Ashley, wednesday 4-Mar-20 11 1
N
Photography costs what!!??
Natasha, On December 24, 2019 at 18:00

When I was initially doing a budget, I allotted $2,000 for photography which I thought was a healthy budget. HA. What I quickly realized that you can only get a basic photographer with little...

Ashley, monday 30-Dec-19 17
Taylor
Head table seating
Taylor, On September 21, 2019 at 06:25

Hello again! We are in the midst of deciding our bridal party and we have landed on 5 bridesmaids and 5 groomsmen. Now, being that my knowledge in planning anything - let alone a wedding - is pretty...

Ashley, monday 23-Sep-19 7
Lynnie
Finish The Sentence: We’re definitely skipping _____.
Lynnie, On September 2, 2019 at 09:05

Are there any wedding traditions that you definitely plan on skipping? Or any traditions you're "revamping" to make them more modern or personalized to you as a couple? Finish the sentence! Next...

Brittani, tuesday 22-Oct-19 32
Christina
Wedding cake company suggestions Coquitlam area
Christina, On February 6, 2019 at 14:33

Hello Everyone: Looking for leads/suggestions for a wedding cake baker. Thanks Christina

Alexandra, sunday 25-Aug-19 6
Melissa
Vancouver wedding venue
Melissa, On June 13, 2019 at 11:24

Hi all, I am looking for a wedding venue in Vancouver that lets you stay until 2 am or later. Any you know of? TIA! ☺️

Alissa, saturday 24-Aug-19 5
Sarah-Lynn
Bridal Party conflict
Sarah-Lynn, On August 12, 2019 at 10:44

Hey everyone, first time writing on the discussion board and hoping for some insight. My fiancé and I are finalizing who to choose for our bridal party. We feel like we have it narrowed down but now...

Kelly, wednesday 21-Aug-19 25
Lauren
Open Bar on a Budget
Lauren, On June 20, 2019 at 16:43

Does anyone have ideas of how to keep liquor costs down for an open bar? Our wedding is in PEI and their liquor laws are ridiculous. We are having a tent wedding and according to the PEI regulations...

Kelly, sunday 11-Aug-19 16
Sandra
Wedding favours - THC bath bombs!
Sandra, On June 25, 2019 at 09:19

Time to talk about bath bombs! My fiance and I own a business in a small community and we are trying to buy everything local for our wedding. In terms of wedding favors, we don't have that many...

Anna, monday 17-Apr-23 10
L
Venue Needed
Lori, On April 28, 2019 at 17:33

Looking for a natural special ceremony venue in Langley/Abbottsford/S. Surrey. We could do the ceremony and the reception at the same place, but we do not seem to be able to find a venue that is...

Lori, sunday 5-May-19 9
Candace
Unplugged Ceremony
Candace, On April 9, 2019 at 12:43

So little bit of a rant about this. My FH and I want an unplugged ceremony and gosh darnit we are going to have one. Recently though my Aunt mentioned to me that she won't be there during the ceremony...

Candace, thursday 25-Apr-19 30
C
Recently dyed my hair, now have a regrowth problem before wedding! Help!
Caroline, On April 1, 2019 at 21:54

Hi Everyone, I recently dyed my hair a few shades lighter than my original colour (by recently I mean a couple of months ago) having no idea I would be planning my wedding this year. Now I have a...

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 9
Sara
Wedding Venue Cancelled; now what??!!
Sara, On February 8, 2019 at 23:51

Hello, I'm freaking out a bit. I locked down, or so I thought, my wedding venue for Sept 14, 2019. We got the event space of the Beach House restaurant in West Vancouver as they were going to have new...

Sara, sunday 24-Feb-19 37 1
Alissa
Date notations. Is it Dd/mm/yyyy or Mm/dd/yyyy?!
Alissa, On December 9, 2018 at 17:02

I am wanting to get monogrammed products for our wedding and I am having so much trouble trying to figure out the order a date goes in! I know in Canada its supposed to go DD/MM/YYYY but i have had...

Leanne, wednesday 19-Dec-18 17
Amanda
Planning a same sex wedding
Amanda, On November 21, 2018 at 16:15

Here's one - I started the search for an officiant and reached out to a few people. I've felt obligated in a way to be upfront with all my vendors so far about this being a same sex wedding, I think...

Kimberly, thursday 1-Jul-21 33
Ellen
Getting to the Wedding!
Ellen, On October 7, 2018 at 21:16

Hi Everyone!! We are currently struggling with some transportation issues. My FH will be getting ready at his parent's house and I will be getting ready at my parent's house. We are planning on having...

Alissa, wednesday 10-Oct-18 8
Rebecca
Shoe size
Rebecca, On September 12, 2018 at 21:16

Hello I have found a cute pair of shoes I quite adore however they don't come in a size 9 and a half. The 9s fit good but everyone keeps telling me to go to a 10. I have one foot that is a half in...

Bianca, tuesday 18-Sep-18 12
Kait
Bridesmaid's Guest Dilemma
Kait, On September 13, 2018 at 17:01

I have selected my bridesmaids dress colour and the groomsmen's are wearing navy suit with Burgundy tie and tan shoes. My one bridesmaid is making her boyfriend colour coordinate with her which is...

Kait, sunday 14-Oct-18 7
Leanna
Lip Color Recommendations
Leanna, On September 13, 2018 at 15:33

What are you planning on using for a lip stick/stain on the day of your wedding? I have tried several brands from Sephora (NARS, Makeup Forever, Too Faced) and none of them are working for me. They...

Tyanna, thursday 27-Sep-18 9

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics