Skip to main content
Leah
Leah

Victoria, British Columbia · From January 2018

A sentimental unconventional Caribbean-Canadian bride, planning a cross country destination wedding with my traditional cost conscious African-American... View more

A sentimental unconventional Caribbean-Canadian bride, planning a cross country destination wedding with my traditional cost conscious African-American groom. Totally doable. Totally looking forward to the process. End result? An intimate memorable stress free celebratory weekend.

Happily married 🎉

April 20, 2019

1850days 0hrs : 3min
Lynnie
Ceremony - Long or Short?
Lynnie, On April 29, 2019 at 09:05

How long will your ceremony last? Are you planning on a longer service, or keeping things short and sweet? Are you having a long or short wedding ceremony? Photo by Heart + Sparrow Photography at The...

Kaisha, sunday 5-May-19 28
Lynnie
Bridesmaids Dresses - Long or Short?

What length dresses did you decide on for your bridesmaids? Will they wear long gowns or short cocktail dresses? Long? Photo by Ariana Tennyson Photography in Steinbach, MB Or Short? Photo by Delbarr...

Shyan, wednesday 7-Aug-19 35
Lynnie
Veil - Long or Short?

What about the length of your veil? Did you decide on a long or short veil? Photo from The Blush Parlour in Toronto Next Question: Bridesmaids Dresses - Long or Short? Back to the Beginning: Long or...

BunnyBride, tuesday 30-Jul-19 30
Lynnie
Train - Long or Short?

Does your wedding dress have a train? Is it short and dance-floor friendly? Or long and dramatic? Is your train long or short? Photo by DA Photography in Brampton, ON Next Question: Veil - Long or...

Marcie, wednesday 31-Jul-19 25
Lynnie
To-Do List - Long or Short?

How's your wedding checklist looking right now? Do you have just a few things left, or is most of your planning still ahead of you? Is your wedding planning to-do list long or short? Next Question:...

Ashley, wednesday 21-Aug-19 28
Lynnie
Engagement - Long or Short?

How much time are you giving yourselves to plan the big day? Will your engagement be long or short? Photo by Isle + Oak Photography in Coquitlam, BC Next Question: To-Do List - Long or Short? Back to...

BunnyBride, tuesday 30-Jul-19 33
Lynnie
First Dance - Long or Short?

Put on your dancing shoes! How long will your first dance be? Are you going to enjoy every minute and dance for the full length of the song? Or are you cutting it down and fading out the song early?...

Kaisha, sunday 5-May-19 25
Caitlin
Photographer & videographer
Caitlin, On April 26, 2019 at 11:14

I know that capturing the wedding is really important for me! I’m just not sure if I need both a videographer and a photographer!? What did you all choose? Did you go with both or just one and why? I...

Donna Yeung, wednesday 1-May-19 24
Joey
True or False - I've had to abandon an idea because it was going over time or budget
Joey, On April 22, 2019 at 08:50

Not all of our gorgeous ideas will make it to the wedding day. It's a fact of wedding planning (and life!) that we have limited time and money and sometimes things have to be cut in favor of other...

Geneviève, thursday 7-Nov-19 35
Lynnie
Tell Me Something Good! ✨
Lynnie, On April 26, 2019 at 10:05

Happy Friday! Let's spread the positivity and share something you've accomplished recently for your wedding - big or small! Have you checked a few items off your checklist recently? Do you have...

Claire, wednesday 8-May-19 28
Robyn
What "number" is your wedding date?
Robyn, On April 23, 2019 at 17:53

I dabble in astrology and numerology, so of course, the first thing I did when I settled on a wedding date was figure out what the numerological meaning was. I don't believe in it 100%... but I'm also...

Olaf, tuesday 25-Oct-22 40
Lynnie
The morning after?
Lynnie, On April 24, 2019 at 13:05

What are your plans for the day after "I do"? Are you heading off to your honeymoon right away? Getting some much needed rest and relaxation? Are your parents hosting a brunch? What's your plan for...

Bianca, monday 29-Apr-19 29
Joey
How did you find your officiant?
Joey, On April 18, 2019 at 08:05

Who is leading your ceremony, and how did you find them? Were they recommended by a friend? Are they a friend of the family? Are they a part of your faith community? Did you find them through...

Meaghan, saturday 7-Sep-19 27
Lynnie
Lyrics or instrumental processional song?
Lynnie, On April 21, 2019 at 16:05

Is the song you chose for your walk down the aisle instrumental, or are you playing a version with lyrics? What's your processional song? 🎶 Photo from St Boniface Golf Club in Winnipeg

Bianca, tuesday 30-Apr-19 18
Lynnie
Faux Pas or Nah: Having a gap between your ceremony and reception?
Lynnie, On April 15, 2019 at 12:18

How do you feel about having a gap between the wedding ceremony and reception? Do you think it’s a faux pas to leave your guests to entertain themselves in between your events? Or have you been to...

Amanda, tuesday 23-Apr-19 29
Lynnie
Faux Pas or Nah: Leaving the wedding without saying goodbye to the bride or groom?
Lynnie, On April 15, 2019 at 12:22

Do you think it’s rude to leave the wedding without saying goodbye to the bride or groom? If it was a small house party you’d say goodbye, but what about at a big wedding where the couple is busy? Do...

Amanda, tuesday 23-Apr-19 30
Lynnie
Faux Pas or Nah: Taking pictures during the ceremony?
Lynnie, On April 15, 2019 at 12:19

How do you feel about guests acting like the ceremony paparazzi? Do you think it’s fair game to snap a quick pic if the couple hasn’t explicitly stated it’s an unplugged ceremony? Or do you think it’s...

Amanda, tuesday 23-Apr-19 28
Lynnie
Faux Pas or Nah: Bringing a large gift to the wedding?

How do you feel about bringing a large gift with you to the wedding? Do you think it’s annoying and just another thing the couple has to worry about at the end of the night (especially when you could...

Amanda, tuesday 23-Apr-19 33
Lynnie
Faux Pas or Nah: Not inviting all out-of-town guests to your rehearsal dinner?

If you’ve got a lot of out of town guests coming to your wedding, inviting them all to the rehearsal dinner can start to feel like a hosting second wedding. But they’ve traveled to come and celebrate...

Lynnie
Faux Pas or Nah: Asking your bridesmaids to pay for professional hair and makeup?

If you're a bridesmaid and you find out it's a requirement to have you hair and makeup done professionally, do you think if a bride requires it they should pay for it? Or do you think it’s a cost of...

Michelle, thursday 6-Jun-19 34
Lynnie
Faux Pas or Nah: Asking about the guest list?

As a wedding guest I'm always dying to know who else is invited! I want to know who I should be making plans with, and who is not getting invited so I don't obnoxiously talk about your wedding...

Lynnie
Faux Pas or Nah: Texting the bride or groom on the wedding day?

How do you feel about texting the bride or groom on the wedding day? Do you think you should ask someone else instead and not bother them? Or do you think it’s ok to send a sweet message the morning...

Amanda, tuesday 23-Apr-19 32
Lynnie
Shoes - where did you buy yours?
Lynnie, On April 11, 2019 at 15:04

Where did you find your wedding shoes? Did you shop in-store or online? Share your shoes and where you got them! 👠 Photo by Stephanie Tudin Photography in Toronto ...

Donna Yeung, wednesday 13-Jul-22 35
Joey
What's your biggest wedding day worry?
Joey, On April 10, 2019 at 08:05

Unruly guests. Screaming babies. Things running behind schedule. A last-minute breakout, illness, or early period. A relative hitting the open bar a little too hard. A bad hair day. Wedding crashers....

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 51
Leah
Bouquet alternatives
Leah, On December 19, 2018 at 06:53

Our wedding is in a garden and my dress has floral elements to it. I’ve never been too keen on the idea of a bouquet from a practical standpoint (what will I do with it afterwards? How will it travel...

Monique, friday 12-Jul-19 9
Michelle
What struggles as a bride did you have during wedding planning? how'd you overcome it?
Michelle, On April 6, 2019 at 23:09

Hi all! I have 13 days left to go [Marrying on April 20]. I actually had a breakdown with my FH about the struggles I've had since Jan. 2018 and how I haven't had the best time planning our wedding...

Erin, tuesday 28-May-19 21
Janaya
Fitness
Janaya, On April 4, 2019 at 13:19

How is everyone's fitness journey going? I thought that for sure once I got engaged I would take it more seriously and I did for the first couple of weeks but im still not at my goal weight and I...

Heather, monday 24-Aug-20 26
Lynnie
What are you including in your wedding ceremony?
Lynnie, On April 10, 2019 at 13:05

Besides the vows, obviously! What are you including in your wedding ceremony? Will you have songs, readings, a unity ceremony...? Are you including your children in a special, or taking a moment to...

Taylor, sunday 7-Jul-19 22
Leah
Wedding attention from your work family
Leah, On April 10, 2019 at 20:11

My team took me out for a pre-wedding celebratory lunch today. We went to a swanky new Jamaican restaurant in downtown Toronto, and they gifted me with a bottle of Moët, champagne gummies and a gift...

Candace, friday 12-Apr-19 14 173
Joey
Bouquet alternatives
Joey, On April 4, 2019 at 08:05

Choose your favorite alternative to the traditional bouquet! A) Wreaths Photo via @weddingwirecanada B) Lanterns Photo from Pinterest C) Handbags Photo from Pinterest D) Fans Photo from Pinterest E)...

Bianca, wednesday 10-Apr-19 16
Gina
What are you doing for seating?!?
Gina, On April 4, 2019 at 14:23

I’m 21 days away, yikes! The seating arrangement is killing me! We’ve had 4 people in the past 2 weeks decide to come, well after our RSVP date. My seating arrangements were 100%.. now, not so much!...

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 47
Joey
Fiancé(e) Friday! What was your first impression of your partner?
Joey, On April 5, 2019 at 08:05

Close your eyes and think back to the very first moment you saw the person who would one day become your spouse. What was your initial impression of them? Was it love at first sight? Was it very much...

Stephanie, monday 15-Apr-19 21

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics