Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Fiancé(e) Friday! What was your first impression of your partner?

Joey, on April 5, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 21

Close your eyes and think back to the very first moment you saw the person who would one day become your spouse. What was your initial impression of them? Was it love at first sight? Was it very much the opposite of love at first sight?

What was your first impression of your partner?

Fiancé(e) Friday! What was your first impression of your partner? 1

Photo by Gillian Foster Photography in Toronto

21 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 15, 2019 at 12:16
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't really have a first impression when we met. He was my brother's friend giving me a ride. We were in the car together for 10 hours that weekend (roundtrip) and I just thought I had made a new friend when he asked me for dinner. But, then I couldn't wait for his text (he did the three day thing!). Our first date, he told me he had gotten fired that day, but had an interview set up the following day for his old company. During that date, I knew I wanted to marry him. Nothing really sticks out as to why, it's just a feeling I had afterwards.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad introduced us Smiley smile . He was working on the same site as my FH and decided that we had to meet. Initially it was supposed to be a blind date, but I showed up at the job site the day before and met him. I'm super outgoing and he's unbelievably shy so it really threw him off when he walked outside and saw me standing there.

We went on a date the next day which lasted almost 6 hours! We didn't even touch all the food we ordered, but instead just drank wine and chatted about absolutely everything. (I found out later he had never had wine and was quite buzzed lol)

It threw me off when the date was over and he gave me a hug and that was it. I loved it, I wanted to see him again already and we hadn't even left the parking lot yet. 3 weeks later on our way downtown I told him we were a couple and he just blushed and grabbed my hand.

We both knew right away that we eachothers forever, and 3.5 years later on our yearly vacation to Cozumel over Christmas he proposed. He asked for my dads permission, which was obviously easy to get and proposed on my dads birthday, in front of a lighthouse (I an OBSESSED with lighthouses)

Side note: One part that I love about WW is how you get to remind yourself of the little things, like how it started. All the feels!! Smiley heart

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met playing ball in a tournament together. He was Short Stop, I was third base. So we were constantly beside each other. He was funny, super cute, taller than me, and really good at ball. And he was super sweet, a little shy, and you could just tell he wasn't like most guys that I knew. I was crushing hard instantly. As the day progressed I could tell he was too. We were inseparable. I got his phone number and we talked all day every day for a week straight. He lived out of town... so before we even went on an actual date he asked me if I wanted to make things official.

We just both knew we had found our person. We talk about it now.. and both agree it was just instant connection and feels.

• R
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We first met when we were both in high school. He was visiting my then-partner and came in to our class in a full patched, studded jean jacket and with a black-dyed mohawk so tall he had to duck slightly at the doorway.

I thought he was intimidating, but intriguing!

He was close friends with my then-partner, so we saw quite a lot of one another. I thought he was just the coolest person ever and was super shy and awkward around him. He seemed to have all of his sh*t together, and I always had a lil' crush on him.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought he was so cute and shy. I'm also pretty confident it felt like pulling teeth trying to make conversation with him when we first met (since he was so shy) lol.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A mutual friend introduced us and I was surprised by how much I liked talking to him. I also thought he was super cute. When he texted me the next day asking to meet up for lunch I was so happy! 6 years later and I still think he is cute and I still love talking to him Smiley smile

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at work! We were introduced right before a meeting. He was soaked from a brief downpour on his way in to the building. I thought he looked adorable, like a wet puppy hahaha.

• Amanda
    Newbie June 2020 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually just told our children this story yesterday! We are a blended family with one shared now.

We met online and he ventured to the town I had lived in for my invite to an event. This was both our first date and first time meeting in person. I wore my typical high heels and when he opened the door I realized he may have elaborated a little bit on his height as I seemed to be looking down on him! Overall throughout the night I had a HO HUM impression of him, and I found he was quite 'braggy' and 'really liked' beer. But weeks later he began to send me flowers to work and I am really glad I could catch his inner vibes and see through his initial facade. While it took a couple years to really fall deeply for each other, we both matured and developed in a healthy independent manner as well as together. And 6 years later he is the most amazing, loving, nurturing, kind hearted, modest father and Fiance. And his love of beer has also matured to a love of Craft Beer, Wine and Scotch Smiley winking

Now I tell the loving end of our first date that I took away from it all. It was my first time being served a whole lobster, and I didn't know what to do so he man handled this crustacean like nobody's business and took care of me! To date he has always set everything aside when needed and do what needs to be done to ensure I am taken care of! (Especially when it comes to needing food lol). A true romantic Smiley heart

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on Tinder.. lol i saw he was 6'2 and spanish, I was hooked lol. we matched and started chatting and I honestly thought he would be a total jerk / player but we met up for coffee and he came across as guarded and scared to open up but I saw a huge teddy bear inside and it turned out I was right and we fell in love fast and it was just like a movie..

the first time we met in person he was so tall and smelled sooo yummy, I liked him right away

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met a a weird time in my life, long story short - I was dating someone else. When we met, I thought he was a cool dude and we'd be great friends. We have lots in common so when we met, it felt like catching up with an old friend. Fortunately, we became way more than friends lol

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on Plenty of Fish. I was browsing the website and saw that he had looked at my profile. I checked out his profile and thought, "he looks cute, his profile is interesting". I didn't have time to type a message though because I had to head out to class. When i got back a few hours later I had a message from him. He said he worked in TV so I replied "You look like someone who would be on TV" and he was like :Umm thanks but I'm not on TV, I just edit shows". So I thought he was attractive as a first impression obviously.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh it was TOTALLY love at first sight for me, but my first impression was that he was very serious and solemn. He's actually a huge joker, constantly cracking everyone up, but his work persona is very subdued.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on Bumble and something about his profile made me think he was a huge player. He’s actually the exact opposite.

My first impression was that he was really polite, good looking and was really interested in what I had to say!

Positive vibes except I definitely thought he was a player at first.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work! At first I thought he was this super serious cool guy! Waaaayyyyyy out of my league!!! After a few years working together I learned her was a fun, silly, flirty nerd and fell madly in love!
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He walked past me in the mall where I was working and I thought he was good looking. I loved that he had dark hair and blue eyes (and tattoos haha). Then he started saying hi to me whenever he walked by. We both felt a connection right away but it still took almost a year before we started hanging out and then another month and a half before we officially started dating. Then 11 months after we started dating, he proposed. So I would say it was love at first sight Smiley smile

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’d known each other for years prior to connecting romantically. I was dating someone else at the time and he wasn’t on my radar. We connected as friends through social media years later and he was nice but I was comfortable as just friends and again- he wasn’t on my radar.
    And then he expressed romantic interest and I was kind of surprised and hesitant bc I didn’t want to enter a long distance relationship. I remember him saying that we’d kick ourselves if we didn’t at least try...and I agreed with the sentiment. Months later at his first visit, I actually set my eyes on him for the first time since developing feelings for him when I met him at the airport.

So long story short? It was absolutely not love at first sight. I developed feelings for him over time. And when we finally did get to spend real/in person time together, I knew that my feelings were deliberate and made with intention, so I had no doubts.
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met through Tinder so when I saw his profile after we matched I thought he was cute. Once we met in person a few weeks later on our first date I thought he was SO good looking...I couldn't even look at him for the first little bit because I kept blushing haha

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well... when I first saw him, I was a little intoxicated. So of course my first thought was "damn". He was a bouncer and I was out with my friends for a pub crawl. He started talking to me while we were waiting for drinks. I was actually the first one to send the message to him the next morning to start a conversation. Then from there he asked me out for coffee, and we sat in Tim Hortons for a good 3-4 hours before just driving around and talking.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My first impression - cute, tall, assertive and yet I thought he was out of my reach... I was 19 and he was just turning 27 so I really thought he would dismiss me as a kid, but yet our first date took place later that same night we met Smiley laugh

After date #2 when he said we would be better off as friends is when I knew I had to marry him. Ya, you read that correct... It crushed me because I could already see myself marrying him!

Needless to say I pursued him and got my way when he said yes to my marriage proposal just 10 months later Smiley xd

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It definitely wasn't love at first sight for me. I barely thought twice about him when we first met and spent a week working together. I didn't hear from him again until he found me on Facebook months later and, even then, I only responded to not be rude. After a month or so of humouring him by chatting online and hanging out a couple times, he told me he wanted to date and I said no. He's 2 years younger than me and I was super conscious of that since I was only 18 at the time. He didn't give up though and a couple months later I gave in. He, on the other hand, started telling people I was the one he was going to marry pretty much right from the beginning lol.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First impression- he was late to the date lol but he was working in the city and you could tell he was just driving home and thats why late. Bags still in the back and still in his work clothes. To me just meant he was a hard worker and that was fine. Thought he looked cute in his construction work gear and plaid jacket. Wasn't sure if he would be another player country boy with his jacked up truck. We met at Tim Hortons and had coffee and he took me to few different places near by and we went for walks. It was a really good first date. Left me with butterflies anyway and new would be a next one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics