Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Faux Pas or Nah: Texting the bride or groom on the wedding day?

Lynnie, on April 15, 2019 at 12:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 32

How do you feel about texting the bride or groom on the wedding day? Do you think you should ask someone else instead and not bother them? Or do you think it’s ok to send a sweet message the morning of the wedding day to be nice or texting with last minute updates?

Faux Pas or Nah: Texting the bride or groom on the wedding day? 1Photo Credit: iStock

Next Question: Wearing black to a wedding?

Back to the Beginning: Faux Pas or Nah?

32 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on April 23, 2019 at 11:19
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No. Leave them alone. I promise I won't even know where my phone is that day.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Faux pas. Unless you're assisting the bride and groom with something then leave them be.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think up till a certain time I won't mind, then after the cut off time, I will ask my sister (MOH) to be my phone guard. I also don't want to be like where did I put phone all night, so just keep it in my purse and that's that!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I mean...you can try. I probably wont answer lol.

I have a Day of Coordinator to field all the calls from vendors and stuff. I'm more than happy to let her take care of the day Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go for it! Just don't expect a response hahaha! Some brides/grooms might be able to respond and some might not! I don't think it's rude to text unless you're texting a lot and expecting responses for everything.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SO RUDE! There's so many other people to contact on the day of, leave the people getting married alone.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its rude and obnoxious especially when there is so much happening for the couple. The phones are put away as its not needed and everyone around is giving their time to you.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope. Lef me be on my wedding day.
    I’m not having a wedding party, but I will have one if my besties be my postmaster general and post on my behalf. But I refuse to look at my phone on my wedding day. I’m unplugging myself. I deserve the break and I’m taking it.
  • Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Faux pas! The day will be hectic enough and I want to be able to take it all in, the last thing I want is my phone blowing up. As much as I appreciate well wishes, they will be even sweeter hearing in person later in the day imo.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Faux pas. I will be putting my phone away for the day as soon as I send my FH a good morning text Smiley love

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ya i don’t like this. i won’t even be bothering with my phone on the day of, and I think it’s rude for someone to expect me to be checking my phone on my wedding day
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're asking them questions or wanting a conversation then 100% faux pas! But if it's just a quick text to tell them how excited you are to see them or whatever then go for it. 99% chance I won't text back but the gesture of a quick text is kinda nice. But don't be asking me any questions or anything because I won't be so forgiving.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Faux pas! I don't think people should ever do this. I have seen it cause major stress to the bride as my sister had 10 people text and cancel. That was a huge amount of plates and she was so upset.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is a faux pass if you are texting them for information or answers as a guest. There should be another source or multiple sources for that. When I was MoH for my best friends wedding, myself and the MC were designated go to people for all this. I was fine with my number being a contact source. The bride left her phone buried in an overnight bag. I plan to do exactly the same thing!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t mind if people text me, I just may not get back to them that day! Always welcome good vibes and warm wishes Smiley smile
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it depends. A bit of a faux pas if it's just silly questions but really wouldn't be too bothered by it... i just may not answer you. If its parents, the groom, etc it's obviously not a faux pas.
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go ahead and text me. Just don’t expect a response. Smiley winking
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Faux pas!
    Unless they specifically texts/call YOU, don't bother contacting them.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's a faux pas. The bride and groom have enough to do that day that they don't need to be answering guest text messages too. If they have a question, chances are their question is already covered on the invitation or the wedding website, but if it isn't they can text another guest, a parent or a wedding party member

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Element of surprise, I love it haha.

There is wifi available in 2 spots of the hotel, but guests will have to pay for it. I'm really hoping everyone just leaves their phones in the rooms!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ME TOO! We (B&G and all guests) are spending 2 days at the lodge for our wedding. This forces people to actually talk and make connections without having their phones as a distraction. LOVE IT! I haven't told anyone yet lol

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We also have no cell service at the ceremony location and very spotty throughout the rest of our locations day-of, which I LOVE

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the people who aren't at the wedding would probably text to say their congrats but I wouldn't want to be getting any other texts that day.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Faux pas. Ideally everything will be planned to a T so there are no questions the day of, but I anticipate that there will be a couple that I'll direct to my MOH's. Otherwise I want my only contact with FH to be letters that we write to each other in advance. No sweet texts.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's a faux-pas! You'll see the bride/groom at the wedding and can offer your sweet message then! If you have a question, I'd search the wedding website, check the invitation, ask an immediate family member or wedding party BEFORE texting the bride/groom - which should be a last, last resort!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is a faux pas. I would not want to be bombarded with texts on my wedding day. Lucky for me, my wedding location has zero cell service haha.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends...Iknow that if that does happen to me I wont mind. If they are texting sweet things, bring it on...if they are texting me with questions or issues...I will not be a fan

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would not text them on the day of. But I don’t mind if people text me or call me. It’s just not something that would bother me. I have four teenage daughters who can easily text people back for me. So no biggie
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Faux pas! They have enough to worry about.

This is why my FH and I are handing out phones off to someone in our wedding party to deal with.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Faux pas! I swear, if anybody texts me to ask "where's the venue again?" I will write them down on my list to roast at the wedding for it Smiley tongue All in fun, but really... don't text us... we are busy as is.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For guests, faux pas! Honestly if a guest texts me, they will be ignored lol. If it is a vendor it will be passed off to someone in the wedding party.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Faux pas for guests! They have enough to deal with. Mind you, my friend took my phone and dealt with anything that came in (the make-up artist and venue both called). Even vendors, get the phone number of someone else in the wedding party to contact. (Which, my venue had but we dealt with three different people there, so I think that number got lost!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics