Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
VIP April 2019 British Columbia

Wedding attention from your work family

Leah, on April 10, 2019 at 20:11 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14
My team took me out for a pre-wedding celebratory lunch today. We went to a swanky new Jamaican restaurant in downtown Toronto, and they gifted me with a bottle of Moët, champagne gummies and a gift card. It was an intimate celebration that as an introvert I tried to initially avoid doing, but it was truly enjoyable and I’m touched by the gesture.

Today was my last work day before the wedding, and other coworkers left gifts on my desk throughout the day. There are 3 of us getting married this year so I can’t wait to return the sentiment in couple of months!

What kind of wedding attention are you getting from your workmates? Has it turned you into a big ol’ softie, or do you keep your face fixed and go along with it for work politics sake?

Are your coworkers invited to your wedding? (None of mine are bc it’s a destination wedding during our busy season)

Wedding attention from your work family 1

14 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on April 12, 2019 at 13:32
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like so much fun! Two of my coworkers are in my wedding party and a bunch of them are invited to the wedding so we all enjoy talking about it at work and everything Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aww this is so nice! I work with two males and they ask once while how its going. My boss has offered to close down the clinic when I take my Honeymoon. When I got hired he also said that I could have any time needed for wedding off. Which he has kept!! So thankful for this as well. I will be inviting them to the reception only.

• Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My coworker (we work together 5 days a week 7-8hrs a day) is one of my bridesmaids.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My coworkers threw me a shower during a staff meeting. They had a couple games, they each gave a piece of advice and had snacks. They also bought a gift card for us which was nice! I only invited 2 coworkers: one whose desk was right beside mine and I often talked wedding with him. And one who worked in a different department but we still talked regularly.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so sweet! I just moved to a new branch, so I don't know anyone very well, which means there isn't much attention (thankfully - fellow introvert and not into much after-work socializing). But my FH and I met at work, at a different branch, and I have a few friends from back then who used to work with us both (back when we were secretly dating). Whether or not we should invite them actually caused some friction between me and my FH. He was very against it, wanting to keep out work life separate from our personal life, but I think that's stupid, tbh. Friends are friends, doesn't matter where you meet them.

Like all our arguments, I caved and then he felt bad and switched his opinion lol, and all the drama was for nothing anyway, because none of them can even attend Smiley xd

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's awesome! My work is a small team of people so I'm inviting all my coworkers (There's 4 of us lol). Since my wedding is not for a few months, I imagine there will be plenty of time to get lunch before I leave.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw that is so sweet and thoughtful!

My work hasn't done anything for me...and I've worked here for 7 years...

MY FH's work was super sweet though, they took him out for dinner and gave him a card (for both of us)..they had all collected a bit of cash and put it in there, and got him a massive cake (which he brought home to me because they were all so full)

I didn't end up inviting any of my co-workers to the wedding (could be why they didn't do anything for me haha) but my FH invited a handful of people form his because they frequently get together after work to hang out...plus I have met a bunch of them

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How thoughtful of your co-workers and what a nice outing for you. Sadly, I am not including any co-workers due to space constraints. My FH does have some of his co-workers coming mainly bc he works with a couple that we both have been friends with for like 20 years.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so sweet!

I just started a new job a couple of months ago, so no one from the new job is invited. They have been super sweet so! We've been given bottles of wine and cards.

I have about 5 people from my old job who have come to the engagement party, bridal shower, bachelorette and will be coming to the wedding.

Congratulations in advance for your wedding, I hope its everything and more!

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awe that is wonderful that they want to celebrate you!!! I honestly don't know whether or not anything will happen to recognize/celebrate my upcoming nuptials. I guess time will tell. People that were in our department and have gotten married were given a potluck and gift cards. I hope for the same.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My coworkers gave me an engagement card.

I dont think we’ll do anything though. They’re invited to my wedding and will be invited to my bridal shower.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so sweet!!

My work throws wedding shower and baby shower pot-lucks Smiley smile This is the one time you get to go to the potluck and NOT bring something to eat!! Oh, and the decorate the lunch room, invite the S/O and they send a folder around to collect money towards a gift. And if your manager remembers - our company itself gives up to $100 to give towards a gift.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super nice of your coworkers to do that for you! Thats awesome.

I am a little on the fence lol. I have worked at the same place for several years, and am really good friends with 3 of the girls I work with. Other than that, I would rather not see the rest of them outside of work lol.

They have mentioned doing something the week before my wedding which I am fine with.

One of my co worker loves our save the dates and she said if I had extras she wants one lol. But I am not inviting anyone to the wedding.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so lovely!!! Nice of them to celebrate with you before you head off to your wedding!

When we got engaged both my FH and I had started new jobs so we agreed no one from the new workplace would be invited to the wedding (space limitations)

I became quite close to some of the girls I work with so I actually invited a few of them to my Bridal Shower and they all attended! I've told them we just can't invite them to the wedding for space reasons and they were fine with that but still happy to come and celebrate the shower with me! It meant a lot to me!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics