Skip to main content
Leah
Leah

Victoria, British Columbia · From January 2018

A sentimental unconventional Caribbean-Canadian bride, planning a cross country destination wedding with my traditional cost conscious African-American... View more

A sentimental unconventional Caribbean-Canadian bride, planning a cross country destination wedding with my traditional cost conscious African-American groom. Totally doable. Totally looking forward to the process. End result? An intimate memorable stress free celebratory weekend.

Happily married 🎉

April 20, 2019

1829days 22hrs

Discussions

Leah
Who decides on the art that hangs in your home?
Leah of Living together, On December 18, 2018 at 15:13

Who decides on the art that hangs in your home - You? Your significant other? Is it a 50/50 selection process? What's your favourite non-wedding photo photo/art in your home? My FH moved into my...

Dmitri, thursday 21-Mar-24 20 208
Leah
Putting in the Work: Pre-marital Counselling
Leah of Before the wedding, On February 22, 2019 at 10:39

With less than 60 days to go before our big day, we've successfully completed 3 of 4 pre-marital counselling sessions, and I would highly recommend it. For us it's been an act of love to be actively...

Catherine, friday 10-Feb-23 22 198
Leah
British Columbia Roll Call!
Leah of British Columbia, On February 25, 2019 at 19:46

Greetings British Columbia pals! I from Ontario, and love BC sooooo much that I convinced my American FH to get married there. We chose Victoria over Vancouver, and if I could I would take a...

Annemarie, thursday 5-May-22 10 106
Leah
Solange’s wedding
Leah of Famous weddings, On May 21, 2018 at 10:24

Solange’s wedding photos make hers my favourite recent celebrity wedding. I love the baby’s breath in her hair (they look like constellations!) and the getaway bikes.

Samantha, friday 24-Dec-21 10 167
Leah
Wedding day Instagram takeover
Leah of Plan a wedding, On July 19, 2018 at 17:53

Since we’re not having a wedding party I’m thinking about asking someone I would’ve asked to be in my bridal party to takeover one of my social media accounts for the day - specifically IG. (I’m not...

William, friday 7-May-21 12 310
Leah
Bouquet alternatives
Leah of Wedding ceremony, On December 19, 2018 at 06:53

Our wedding is in a garden and my dress has floral elements to it. I’ve never been too keen on the idea of a bouquet from a practical standpoint (what will I do with it afterwards? How will it travel...

Monique, friday 12-Jul-19 9 183
Leah
Is anyone blogging/journaling about their process/experience
Leah of Plan a wedding, On March 9, 2018 at 13:17

Just wondering if anyone is blogging and/or journaling about their planning process. Maybe you’re more analogue and are journaling about it privately. Maybe it’s just part of your day-to-day life...

Tanya, sunday 16-Jun-19 5 103
Leah
Wedding attention from your work family
Leah of Before the wedding, On April 10, 2019 at 20:11

My team took me out for a pre-wedding celebratory lunch today. We went to a swanky new Jamaican restaurant in downtown Toronto, and they gifted me with a bottle of Moët, champagne gummies and a gift...

Candace, friday 12-Apr-19 14 173
Leah
Marriage Mission Statement and Vision Board
Leah of Before the wedding, On March 21, 2019 at 18:32

Huzzah! We just completed our 4th and final premarital counselling session! Our assignment for that final session was to create a marriage mission statement, and vision board. We've both had a busy...

Bianca, wednesday 10-Apr-19 8 127
Leah
“...and a sixpence in her shoe.”
Leah of Plan a wedding, On April 3, 2019 at 14:45

I picked up my sixpence today from a local coin store. The something old/new etc. tradition is one of the few aspects of western/Anglo wedding “norms” that we’re keeping. The owner suggested that the...

Bianca, wednesday 10-Apr-19 11 126
Leah
Beyoncé vows and the like.
Leah of Famous weddings, On March 12, 2019 at 22:25

I don’t have the guts to actually include my favourite Beyoncé lyrics in my vows (from "Don't Hurt Yourself", and nsfWW), but it got me wondering: If you were double dog dared to do it, what song...

Erin, thursday 14-Mar-19 8 217
Leah
#Givethanks: How do you express Thankfulness & Gratitude During the Planning Process.
Leah of Plan a wedding, On March 11, 2019 at 20:18

It's all too easy to embrace stress, complaining, and anxiety in the months/days ahead of your wedding. Sometimes it even feels like it's what guests, friends, family and coworkers expect of you. In...

Allison, tuesday 12-Mar-19 6 43
Leah
Hive minds: Seeking accessory suggestions
Leah of Wedding fashion, On March 7, 2019 at 15:47

I’m gong accessory shopping with my mum and bestie this weekend at a local vintage store and thought I’d get some suggestions from the WW community first. Unfortunately I do not have photos of me in...

Allison, friday 8-Mar-19 8 110
Leah
Signature drink conundrum - solutions wanted!
Leah of Ontario, On February 27, 2019 at 22:08

We're based in Toronto, ON but getting married in Victoria, BC. We've got our bartending service booked, and as part of their package they offer 2 signature drinks. The problem is we won't be able to...

Natasha, thursday 28-Feb-19 12 121
Leah
The colour of love - Seeking Rose Gold ring inspiration
Leah of Wedding fashion, On January 21, 2019 at 20:42

Seeking rose gold ring inspiration! With less than 90 days to our wedding day, Thomas and I are ready to make a decision about wedding bands. We decided to forego an engagement ring, so for me the...

Nikki, monday 18-Feb-19 6 125
Leah
Childhood photos as decor: Yay or Nay?
Leah of Plan a wedding, On February 4, 2019 at 13:40

Childhood photos as decor: yay or nay? Whether you're for or against personalizing your wedding decor with childhood photos with photos of you and your significant other, everybody loves a throwback,...

Andrea, thursday 14-Feb-19 31 1,381
Leah
When Life Imitates Reality Television...
Leah of Famous weddings, On January 20, 2019 at 16:09

Today’s wedding countdown giggle...🤣 Added context: My FH is American and immigrated to Canada in 2017. He’s affectionately known as “The Import”, and we’re fans of the tv show “90 Day Fiancé”....

Sarah, thursday 31-Jan-19 6 115
Leah
The Happy Place: DIY gifs using Simple Booth
Leah of Wedding reception, On December 13, 2018 at 18:21

Went to The Happy Place with the FH today and took joyful selfies, that we will use on our big day. They also had a Simple Booth set up and we loved it! We were going to forgo a photo booth but kind...

Erin, saturday 15-Dec-18 7 109
Leah
Revisions to our wedding website
Leah of Tech support, On December 6, 2018 at 10:33

How can I remove the grey overlay on the wedding website? I don’t mind the countdown but I don’t want the rest.

Joey, monday 10-Dec-18 7 98
Leah
Favourite movie couple...
Leah of Famous weddings, On June 27, 2018 at 09:13

When I was a teenager my aunt introduced me to Paris Blues - a beautiful movie starring Sidney Poitier and Dianne Carroll (and others but they’re the stars in my eyes). I love their love story....

Robyn, wednesday 7-Nov-18 21 190
Leah
Which comic book or pop culture duo best describes the two of you?
Leah of Living together, On May 3, 2018 at 17:54

Which comic book or pop culture duo best describes the two of you? We’re definitely Brain and Heart from The Awkward Yeti. He’s Brain. I’m Heart. But every once and a while our roles switch depending...

Robyn, thursday 1-Nov-18 5 87
Leah
“feet’s too big” - size 11 shoe size and higher stand up!
Leah of Wedding fashion, On October 14, 2018 at 16:05

I’m as size 11.5/12 in shoes. This is a call out to all of my fellow 11+ shoe size wearers o share the shoes you’re wearing on your wedding day! I always intended to wear half soles or some other...

Renee, tuesday 16-Oct-18 7 174
Leah
Homemade dj hack ideas?
Leah of Wedding reception, On October 1, 2018 at 13:57

My cousin will be DJ-ing our ceremony and reception via a premade Spotify or iTunes playlist. The only “gear” that he’ll likely need is my iPad and an audio jack, but I’d like to make the set up look...

Geneviève, monday 1-Oct-18 4 76
Leah
Huzzah! Save the Dates Sent!
Leah of Plan a wedding, On September 23, 2018 at 13:17

Today’s wedding win: we sent the save the dates out this morning!!! (Insert Kermit happy dance here) Building this website has been...*sigh*...another opportunity for us to learn how to accomplish a...

Bianca, wednesday 26-Sep-18 3 94
Leah
Vendor choice: Final 2 - How do we decide?
Leah of Plan a wedding, On September 20, 2018 at 17:52

We’re stuck on deciding between 2 caterers. We’re based in Toronto and getting married in Victoria, BC. When we visited Victoria a few months ago we ate at the restaurant of owned by one of the...

Stephanie, saturday 22-Sep-18 5 93
Leah
Victoria, bc - City Hall wedding
Leah of British Columbia, On June 4, 2018 at 10:44

Wondering if anyone has recently been wed or plans to be wed at City Hall in Victoria, BC? From what I can see via google, it used to be an option but may no longer be...but that can’t be...

Leah, thursday 13-Sep-18 3 601
Leah
Circular ceremony seating layout
Leah of Wedding ceremony, On May 21, 2018 at 15:23

I love the idea of being literally surrounded by friends and family like the couple in this photo. Luckily I’m pretty sure our venue has space to accommodate this seating arrangement. I don’t think...

Meagan, friday 17-Aug-18 13 218
Leah
Skipped the engagement ring part?
Leah of Before the wedding, On June 4, 2018 at 16:45

My FH and I are engaged but we’ve skipped the ring part. We’re both in our misd 30’s, live together and prefer for that money to be spent differently. Any other “offbeat” or “unconventional” couples...

Elise, wednesday 25-Jul-18 23 243
Leah
Hashtag help.
Leah of Plan a wedding, On July 2, 2018 at 12:11

Hi community, Reaching out for creative hashtag suggestions please 🙏🏾. I thought it was too early to decide on one but since we secured our wedding website template this weekend and we’ll be...

Brittany, wednesday 4-Jul-18 8 123
Leah
Short suits - Dare you?
Leah of Wedding fashion, On June 4, 2018 at 16:07

Any grooms or groomsmen sporting a short suit à la LeBron James in Game 1 of the NBA finals? Fun fact: his entire outfit cost $46000 (mostly due to the $41000 alligator bag accessory)😱...

Cherry, thursday 21-Jun-18 12 112
Leah
Dreams Defferred - what major component(s) of your vision have changed?
Leah of Plan a wedding, On June 20, 2018 at 11:21

Hi all, I didn’t start thinking of about how I envisioned my wedding until my mid-twenties (and even then it was reluctantly). As we get into the planning process now there are a number of traditions...

Rachael, thursday 21-Jun-18 18 167
Leah
Getting married on a holiday.
Leah of Plan a wedding, On June 11, 2018 at 11:44

We’re getting married on Easter weekend 2019. It’s a destination weekend celebration, with a welcome/rehearsal dinner on Good Friday, the ceremony and reception on the Saturday, and a light goodbye...

Helga, friday 15-Jun-18 12 150

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics