Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janaya
Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan

Fitness

Janaya, on April 4, 2019 at 13:19 Posted in Before the wedding 0 26

How is everyone's fitness journey going? I thought that for sure once I got engaged I would take it more seriously and I did for the first couple of weeks but im still not at my goal weight and I tried on my dress again a few days ago and its snug and I need to lose some more weight but I feel overwhelmed by it which causes me to feel like giving up and binge eating (I have self control issues haha) , is anyone else struggling? do you have any tips and tricks?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on August 24, 2020 at 17:48
  • Heather
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did not start taking it seriously until maybe about 2months ago. I got to the gym 3 times a week at least, and I also started calorie counting and have only been eating 1300 calories per day. This is not a sustainable diet, but I am losing weight and right now I am okay with it.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve never been interested in fitness! I did start going to Zumba twice a week while I was engaged. Didn’t lose any weight but felt great to have something to look forward to. I have gotten better at working out daily since the wedding. Again, no weight loss, but it’s been a great habit to develop! Plus, I feel generally more alert and feel it when I can’t make it to the fitness room!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve lost 20 pounds since Dec 1, and 10 pounds since Feb 1. I did the F45 8 week challenge and gained 1 lb of muscle and lost 2 percent of body fat. I can’t wait to return to F45 at the end of the month after the wedding.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sometimes counting calories and eating 500 less than usual can help.

i lost 10 lbs doing this.

also, if you drink lots of water - you may not be seeing results due to water weight. I had this problem also! I did lots of lifting weights and seemed to lose a few lbs.
  • A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've lost about 5 - 10 lbs since my dress fitting (not too sure, since I've lost about 10-15 but I dropped the first 10 really quickly) so I'm really curious how my dress will fit since I get to try it on the 27th to prepare for alterations. It fit really well but a little tight before especially in the butt, so if I lost even a tiny bit there that will be helpful. However, it is super tight/body hugging so I have to hope that it isn't too loose either!

My fitness has been more mindfulness than anything drastic- I don't have too much I need to change and mostly I just want to be more fit and look it too. Silly enough, but I am trying to remember to do handstands every day just to help my back muscles look a little more developed since I have a low/open back to my dress. Plus I work out a fair bit anyways, and otherwise I'm trying to remember to eat healthy and less. And hit 10,000 steps every. Single. Day. That's actually surprisingly hard to do!

• Janaya
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So! I have 2 months to whip into shape as my alterations start june 1st LOL awesome! they will most likely just work on altering my bust area first since my dress was made for girls with big boobs and that is not me haha Im a little worried now I wont make it to my goal weight by then but im going to try like hell Smiley smile

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm actually feeling a little discouraged lately.

I have a pretty decent, well rounded diet. we don't eat out a ton, I'm not a snacker, I drink about 4L of water every day, I make oatmeal from scratch every morning...I guess I figured by adding in exercise, that I'd start seeing results by now Smiley sad

I've been running 5k twice a week with my fiance. I've never been a runner, so this has been difficult, but every time I go, I improve (less stops, quicker pace).

Days that I don't run I go to hot yoga after work. I try to do the more difficult classes like hot core that get your heart rate up rather than the more passive classes.

Been trying to do SOME form of physical activity every day. Even if we just go for a walk.

Anyways, I'm not sure how long it takes for results to show, but I'm not seeing any so I'm feeling a little bummed I guess.

I know I feel stronger. Just not looking it yet. grumble grumble.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fitness journey is not going, so fingers crossed for me! I wish I had tips and tricks, but I can say just try not to stress. I think everything will work itself out in the end (if it's just a few pounds), and you'll definitely get into your dress (because you have to).

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve gained weight 😩 honestly, it’s my own fault.

working a desk job is terrible for weight gain. No matter how hard I try to walk to peoples offices or desks we kind of end up just shouting down at each other cause we need an answer urgently.

Going to try to work out from home home a few times a week and I’m going back to my meal prepping on Sundays. I managed to lose about 7lbs before this way so hopefully ...I can get back on track.

hoping I don’t have to completely ditch the wine yet ....
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH and I started our fitness journey back in September by joining a gym. We usually go to the gym about 4 days a week. We alternate between cardio days and weight days. I've noticed that I've gotten stronger as I've moved up on my weights and my endurance has definitely increased, but I haven't seen a notice on the scale or in the mirror. It's a bit discouraging.

I think we both struggle a bit with portion control. Sometimes you're eating food that's fairly healthy but you're just eating too much of it.

I hope warmer weather will help too. We're starting a weekly floor hockey league in two weeks too so that may help

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also have been struggling, I find I don't stay as active in the winter because I'm basically a bear: eat and hibernate! I'm hoping when summer gets here I'll get out more and walk/hike which I found helped me in the past. I'm not much of a gym person, but I do teach Zumba once a week, which is the one gym workout I like lol.

Also diet is a big factor, I basically drink only water/black tea (unless I'm having booze) and I'm trying to make more of an effort to eat better (easier said than done for sure). For me, I'm trying to watch my salt and carb intake, as well as dairy since that contributes to my acne.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to tone up a bit before the wedding, especially my back because you can see it with my dress on...pre-engagement I would do one work out class a week (usually something weight-related) the past 2 months I have upped it to two classes per week (one more cardio based and the other weight based) I also had the intentions of using the gym in my apartment building a couple of times per week...even if it was just the exercise bike for 20 min, but I have yet to do that. I just find I'm SO exhausted after work, and I have a million things to do when I DO have free time

I generally eat pretty healthy...though this week I have not...I normally have restraint when people bring treats into work but not this week apparently...chocolate butter tarts, samosas...went to Harveys last night haha I have a food plan for next week so I should be able to stick to it....the wedding is 3 weeks away so if I eat relatively healthy until then I may be able to flatten my stomach just a little bit.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I recently started a program and learning portion control, eating habbits, meal prep, and more. I'm in an accountability class too and its really helped. Since January I have lost 5 pounds and trying for more. I havent weighted my self recently though. I would really like too loose about 15 more to feel comfortable. But I will be happy even if just get on track with proper meals and loose a bit. I def get how you feel with the binge eating and all that! I am the type to go home and munch on chips everyday! Honestly, for me was having a daily logbook for accountability and knowing what I eat and what should be eating. Also, drink lots of water! I am also not a cooker so just meal prep was huge for me.

I also started even just walking everyday instead when I got home to occupy me from binge eating. Then when got home would make supper and good to go.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keeping on a light eating habit and working out regularly is hard as you want to look good for your day.

I know at my work its a lot of work and maintaining the steps everyday. I get my workout that way with all the work I have on my plate and still the same and eat light due to the timing we get for breaks.

Just some key things I have done now to maintain a healthier eating habit is cut down on cheese (good for dairy yet high in cholesterol) and rice due to the amount of carbs given (its add on). Also, yogurt is great to balance out dairy and protein that's needed. Beans (lentils) is a great source of protein besides meat when choosing alternatives to choose about.

Hope some of these tips help as to feeling a lot more of energy and proportion sizing of 6 meals oppose to 3 regular sizes.

• L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Holly,

I've never personally tried these services but I know in Ontario there are some "healthy options" frozen meal services that deliver right to your door!
    I'm not sure where you are located but i know a few people who have used LiveFitFood and they liked it! I'm not sure what the pricing is like but I thought I'd mention it if you're interested Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The biggest thing that has helped me is remembering that the key is everything in moderation and my favourite word “balance”
    I dropped 20lbs on keto last summer after I bought my dress. We did that for about 2 months but for us it wasn’t really sustainable for a longer period of time. It’s all about balance now. I try to get to the gym 3-4 times at least during the week. Eat healthy. And drink lots of water.
    Find some people on Instagram that motivate you and follow them, this has helped me with my motivation so much!
    Take a look at the snacks or foods that you always give in to. Mine is ice cream. So instead of buying that amazing Ben and Jerry’s. I’ll get halo top and only have a little bit. It satisfys the craving and I don’t feel too bad!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I lost 5 pounds this month due to stress haha, just leave a lot to do till the last minute then you'll be so busy you don't eat, problem solved. KIDDING

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I signed up for a 6-week boxing challenge and I am OBSESSED. I finished the challenge last week and actually saw results and the measurements proved it. Maybe sign up for a challenge of some sort so that you are more accountable compared to just going to the gym on your own or working out at home?

• Janaya
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You ladies are so helpful!! I just know that when im upset or stressed out I eat like garbage and planning this wedding has been stressful...

but yes Robyn! adding in little workouts here and there during commercial or when I have an extra 10 minutes! great idea

I know when I cut out pop my skin looks so good and i'm not as bloated. and with the nice spring weather I like to be outside more so I could run with my dog! I hate running on the treadmill.. haha

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! My Fitness Pal is a great app/ website!!

Only problems I had with it were that either food wasn't on there if you were at certain restaurants, or you may obsess a bit too much like I did and pretty much have a breakdown whenever people told you "just don't count it this time"... That's why I gave up calorie counting, but I think I will give it another go!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I started getting serious in January (wedding is next month) I stopped 15 lbs on keto and started having more and more cheat days lol.... really gotta get back on focus for this last month! My dress fits but there is some back boob happening and I need to tighten that up!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've just started seeing as my date is still 1 year away. I find the website my fitness pal has worked for me in the past, when you can physically see what you are eating and how you are exercising you are more mindful of eating that extra sweet or whatever. You can do this!!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Find an accountability partner - my future brother-in-law and I send each other texts when we work out (he's a professional body-builder so I know he doesn't actually need my little "have a good session" text when he goes to the gym lol but it's nice that he's humoring me).

Find work-outs that you like and stick to those. I hate being in the gym to much so I run outside instead of on a treadmill. Don't skip strength training in favor of cardio- a balance of both is important. I also try to sneak in little extra bouts - like if I'm watching Teen Mom, every time there's a commercial I do sit-ups for the duration.

In terms of food, the quickest way to cut calories is drinking water. So much of of daily sugar intake is from beverages. Practice mindful eating (not in front of a screen), stop eating when you're full, don't eat after 7pm, and schedule in treats so you don't go crazy (I have one fun-size chocolate for dessert every night and a bowl of ice cream every Sunday).

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am really struggling. Obviously my situation is a lot different, I just had a baby just about 5 months ago now and I thought I'd drop the weight and then lose more too but I only dropped the baby weight and now for the past 3 months I've been struggling to get lower then my prebaby weight. He keeps me on my feet so I'm constantly moving but have no time for actual exercise and most of them time I eat frozen meals or order food because he's such a handful my FH and I are too tired too actually cook a good meal. I got in my dress so that's not the issue but I did want to lose a bit before the wedding still, I don't think it will happen to be honest. I wish I had some advice for you but I don't really.
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm struggling too. I've only lost about 6 lbs, but I'd love to lose another 10 (at least). I have 4 months left, so I think I can do it. Things have just been slower than I thought, despite getting a personal trainer and changing my diet.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Basically non-existent.... I need to get on that train!

Very much struggling! It doesn't help that I will be starting night school in a couple weeks either :/

The one thing that I found really helped the last time I was losing weight would be to meal prep and to wear my fitbit - which I currently can't find... so I may splurge and buy a new one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics