Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

True or False - I've had to abandon an idea because it was going over time or budget

Joey, on April 22, 2019 at 08:50 Posted in DIY 0 35

Not all of our gorgeous ideas will make it to the wedding day. It's a fact of wedding planning (and life!) that we have limited time and money and sometimes things have to be cut in favor of other priorities.
I've had to abandon an idea because it was going over time or budget: true or false?

True or False - I've had to abandon an idea because it was going over time or budget 1

Photo by Cap Calligraphy in New Westminster

>>Click here to go to the next question, Wedding planning is going the way I expected it would

>>Click here to start at the beginning of our True or False game

35 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on November 7, 2019 at 16:48
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. Sadly we had these geometric lanterns from ikea in mind but they were too expensive
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True - i opted out of renting chivari chairs and just went with chair covers instead Smiley sad

• Nelly
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False we did everything we wanted

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False.

So far, I have been able to keep everything on-time and on-budget for projects. I am still a year out, so that could change...lol

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So true!
    Time and budget are the things that seemed to overshadow everything else at times.
    Like how I should have taken a week off afterwards to properly decompress, recap and set post wedding tasks in order.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't really say I've had to abandon an idea but I have told myself to simmer down a bit. I have so many thoughts or I see something cute on etsy and want to buy it for decor or whatever other reason and even if it's low cost to get the things to make it, every dollar adds up. Most of my decor I have made and put in frames, my card box is made up of picture frames attached together to a box and I've painted some things to match my colours. I have come to terms now with the fact that I am done. I have all I need. Every now and then I see a good idea or something that will be a cute picture but if it's not super important to me then I don't bother.

• Nikki
    Curious September 2019 Saskatchewan
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True-ish.

My initial plan was to make a flower wall for behind our head table. I find an awesome tutorial to make coffee filter peonies, I try a few, and they turn out great, so far so good. I jump in with both feet and start making a buttload of these flowers, and assemble a test panel. I do the math, and realize that because our head table is 30 feet long (seating 14 people), it is going to take over 10000 of these flowers to fill the entire space. Nope, not going to do it.

I still really wanted to do something, so the plan was modified, and I'm now just doing a mini wall that will go behind FH and I. It's now 2500 flowers that need to be made, which is a much more reasonable and feasible target to achieve. Thankfully I also was super on the ball and started working on this nearly a year out, so with just over four months to go I am nearly finished.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. Everything is going according to plan as far as time goes and anything that went over budget has been accommodated.

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. We were pretty realistic with everything and I think we’ve gotten what we needed without being over the top
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True - I wanted a sparkler send-off but I heard so many horror stories about them going wrong that I just scrapped that idea.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True Smiley sad I Really would have loved to have a totally different theme, and have a horse and carriage and everything princess... but we cant afford that right now, so we went with simple and elegant instead which has turned out nice so far :})

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True, one of the venues that we looked at was great, it ticked a lot of boxes, but it would have left us no money for any other things, like attire, rings. So we picked our second choice and dressing it up bit more!

• Steph
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. I’ve always been a bridesmaid or MC so never had the reality of the real cost of things. We’ve had to say no to a few minor things, and if we didn’t have amazing friends with awesome connections, our photographer, videographer, and DJ alone would have put us over budget. Yikes.
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False, we have enough time for the things we want and not spending money on unimportant things is easy after I talk to my FH haha

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. We've been realistic about our expectations with the wedding.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False. We have had pretty realistic plans and everything has been simple for the most part

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

False so far. I think we've had pretty realistic expectations.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. I’ve been pretty good sticking to my budget and knowing what I can and cannot include!
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False so far
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is false for me!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kind of, mostly the signage/stationery templates I originally wanted were pretty pricey, so I decided to DIY instead to save some money.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. I had the most amazing place in mind for our ceremony, but the price was out of this world. We found a place that we love and it is much more affordable. I also wanted lilacs and peonies for my bouquet. Both are not available in August.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False! so far, so good!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False. I've had some ideas that I liked but never actually tried to go through with them I just saw then and said that would be cool and that was that. All the other ideas I've had I went through with.
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. I wanted to get a lot more greenery done throughout the venue (from the ceiling/etc) but it was way over budget and we couldn't justify it. Would have looked amazing, but the venue still looks great without it

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True, we’ve ditched some based on price point.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True.
    I wanted to do all of my floral arrangements, but how the hell would I travel with those? I didn't want to risk shipping them over to my parents' house either hahaha.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True. Venue, cake, flowers, decorations. I underestimated a lot of things.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    True. We originally wanted to get married in a barn but they were all too expensive. But then we found the perfect park instead!
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    False.

Never had this problem.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There was a backdrop for my head table I really wanted but budget wise couldn't do. It was only place in the area thats uptodate with everything and has supplies. It wasn't complicated but the delivery fee along was a majority of cost

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope, none of the ideas I have abandoned were due to time or budget.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics