Skip to main content
Jessica
Jessica

Bayfield, Ontario · From November 2017

I am in my final semester to become a registered nurse, before that I was an aspiring theatre actress but the unstable lifestyle wasn't for me, though I... View more

I am in my final semester to become a registered nurse, before that I was an aspiring theatre actress but the unstable lifestyle wasn't for me, though I still love to find ways to express my creativity. (Hello DIY!) My Fiance is 5 years older than me and we have been together 7 years now (it will be 8 by the time we get married!). We met through my bestfriend and MOH in Port Elgin where we both now lived. I am originally from Markham and my Fiance is from Chelmsford (near sudbury). We love cooking together, going for hikes with our weiner dog Marvel (can you tell we like comics/superheroes?), and being silly with our friends. :)

Happily married 🎉

August 31, 2019

1730days 12hrs
Jessica
Cathedral Veil
Jessica, On September 18, 2018 at 21:24

Hey ladies! For those of you who opted for a cathedral veil for your wedding, how much did you spend and where did you get them? (I am located in Ontario, so Ontario suggestions would be a plus! ) Did...

Sammy, thursday 28-Feb-19 9 219
Alexandra
How long have you been together?
Alexandra, On August 2, 2018 at 18:49

So my fiancé and I have officially been together for three years today! I know in comparison to some people that’s really short, and to others it’s been a while so how long have you guys been with...

Maegan, thursday 4-Jul-19 104
Shauna
How soon to plan make up, hair, etc?
Shauna, On June 12, 2018 at 11:58

Hello everyone! I am getting married in August 2019 and have the venue chosen as well as photographer and I got my dress!! Is it still too early to start planning the makeup artist and hair for the...

Leanne, wednesday 20-Jun-18 24
Jessica
Wedding Nails
Jessica, On June 8, 2018 at 12:41

So my wedding is in two weeks and I booked an appointment to get shellac nails as I've heard its a nail polish that is hard to chip. My issue is that my nails are fragile and break easily. I was...

Gabbie, thursday 14-Jun-18 15
Maegan
Lets talk boudoir shoots!
Maegan, On May 8, 2018 at 01:49

Has anybody done a boudoir photoshoot before the wedding?? Ive been considering doing one and giving an album to FH as a wedding present but id love to hear from some people who have done it! It will...

Holly, monday 21-May-18 30
Dani
Destinations End of August
Dani, On April 29, 2018 at 22:33

Suggestions for destinations at the end august? We would like to stay in Canada (BC) bur we would go to Seattle to jump on a cruise. I really wanted a cruise but FH wants an "all inclusive-beach...

doucette2thompson, tuesday 8-May-18 24
Clarissa
Website wording
Clarissa, On May 3, 2018 at 16:27

After the wedding we will be doing a “post wedding brunch” to open gifts and visit with guests the next day. However, we won’t actually be serving brunch. We will be taking our wedding party, parents,...

Brittany, friday 4-May-18 5
Melissa
Stuck on venues!!
Melissa, On May 2, 2018 at 13:31

My FH and I are now torn between having a romantic/ rustic wedding locally, and having a destination wedding in Mexico. So many pros and cons on both!! I'm in the middle of chatting with our...

Jackie, tuesday 8-May-18 26
J
Which outfits look better?
JuneBride, On May 3, 2018 at 10:42

FH and the groomsmen are going to wear a black suit and we are trying to figure out what looks nice. We are looking for opinions on what would look better. Our wedding colours are dark red, white and...

Vinod, sunday 20-May-18 17
A
Found my dream dress, but back fat :'(
Alisha, On February 26, 2018 at 15:29

So I found my dream dress.... but the back fat in the back is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Wedding date is most likely June 30th. Not sure I have enough time to slim down my back. Anyone able...

Lauren, monday 13-Apr-20 28
Jessica
moh & Bridesmaid proposal
Jessica, On March 13, 2018 at 00:33

Hey everyone! I have two best friends and because one LOVES planning and lives close to me (she lives in Toronto and I live in Port Elgin, so 2.5 hours away) and the other lives in Halifax I decided...

Becky, friday 4-May-18 30
Raphaela
Engagement photos
Raphaela, On September 16, 2017 at 01:30

These are a few of my engagement photos. We had some trouble but finally here they are. haha we had to redo our session, but our photographer is amazing so it all worked out in the end I am in love...

Raphaela, tuesday 1-May-18 25
Jen
So many things today!
Jen, On February 28, 2018 at 11:40

My second hair trial (with a different hair stylist) is today! I'm SUPER nervous about it because the first one was horrible. I had it done the day of our engagement photos and had to go home right...

Jessica, monday 30-Apr-18 37
Leah
Our diy Save the Dates!
Leah, On April 20, 2018 at 19:06

Here are our DIY STDs. Since I am on a tight budget I have decided to DIY as much as possible. These STDs were sent out in October since 90% of our guest list will have to travel quite a distance to...

Michelle, sunday 10-Jun-18 31
A
Unique guest Book
Amanda, On April 24, 2018 at 01:23

Wanted something different from the traditional guest book or signing photo mat. Found a couple of ideas but now I can't decide which one to use. Help me pick...Jenga Blocks, wooden letter or...

Rebecca, thursday 26-Apr-18 18
Jessica
Portugal for honeymoon?
Jessica, On April 6, 2018 at 14:10

Hey all! My FH and I are considering Portugal for our honeymoon. It looks beautiful and the prices are incredibly reasonable! I was just wondering if anyone else has been there and has suggestions of...

Joey, monday 30-Apr-18 29
Lynnie
Hair Accessories! Flower crowns and veils and hair pieces... oh my!
Lynnie, On September 19, 2017 at 13:05

How are you doing your hair for the wedding day? Are you adding any bling or accessories? There are sooooo many options it can be overwhelming! If you will have a hair accessory, what did you choose?...

Tyanna, thursday 20-Dec-18 10
Brandi
Brandi, On March 7, 2018 at 19:09

We are planning our wedding for July 19 2019. Who else is planning a wedding over a year away? And how much planning have you done? I feel like I am getting way ahead of myself, but I also know myself...

Julia, wednesday 29-Aug-18 40
Natasha
Wedding theme?
Natasha, On March 23, 2018 at 22:32

Everyone keeps asking what is my wedding theme? I never know how to answer!!! I know what look I’m going for in my head but don’t know how to describe my theme. Share your themes below and also...

JuneBride, wednesday 18-Apr-18 30
Breanne
Wedding Dates - Let's Try Something Fun
Breanne, On April 5, 2018 at 15:20

There's always posts with people looking for others getting married on the same day so lets try something fun. Comment with your wedding date and city and I will create an ongoing master list with the...

Kayla, sunday 13-Jan-19 102
Emilie
Makeup: 2017 or 2018?
Emilie, On February 1, 2017 at 06:05

It's time to talk about makeup! Which trend is your favourite? >> Makeup 2017 >> Makeup 2018 2017 or 2018? Choose one! Continue here >> Hairstyle: 2017 or 2018? **** Images:...

Jessica, thursday 5-Apr-18 22
Jen
I need your opinion...
Jen, On April 3, 2018 at 10:17

So, recently we have hit a big bump in the wedding planning road. We had our meeting with our reception manager who mentioned to us that we should tell our decorator that we have a particular wedding...

Jen, friday 6-Apr-18 39
Victoria
Engagement Party
Victoria, On February 16, 2018 at 16:17

Anyone else had an engagement party recently/are planning one in the near future? What are some things that went well/did not? If you are still planning what are some of your ideas? Here are some...

Candice, tuesday 10-Apr-18 22
Melissa
One stop shop venue?
Melissa, On February 6, 2018 at 12:46

Just curious on how many people are having their ceremony and reception at the same venue? Is it too much to ask guests to drive to one venue and then ask them to drive another 40 minute to the...

Melissa, thursday 22-Mar-18 52
Jennifer
Veil
Jennifer, On March 16, 2018 at 13:12

Just curious how many brides are wearing a veil and how long are you wearing it for? I purchased a veil and am thinking of just wearing for the ceremony but I’m not 100% sure yet. Did you wear it for...

Crystal, wednesday 21-Mar-18 25
Kathleen
diy Bouquets
Kathleen, On February 26, 2018 at 00:08

I’m designing my own bouquets of burgundy, white and blush flowers. How many people did this? Where is the best place to get fake flowers for an affordable price without making them look TOO fake?...

Michelle, saturday 24-Mar-18 14
Lynnie
Bright or Pastel: Reception Details?
Lynnie, On March 12, 2018 at 11:32

This week's game is all about colour! What about the rest of the reception decor and details? Which colour scheme is your favorite? Bright and Bold? Photo by Brian Saculles Photography Or Pretty and...

Brittany, friday 25-May-18 15
Kaitlyn
Honeymoon
Kaitlyn, On March 6, 2018 at 17:58

Hey! Does anyone have any honeymoon places in BC or AB they recommend?

Jessica, saturday 17-Mar-18 7
Cathrine
Photography - Control
Cathrine, On March 17, 2018 at 07:25

As part of our photography package, there was an engagement shoot included. We did it a few weeks ago and got a folder from our photographer of her edits and then a folder of all the raw unedited...

Candace, wednesday 21-Mar-18 12
Danielle
Makeup Artist/hair Stylists in Huron County
Danielle, On March 11, 2018 at 11:38

LOOKING FOR MAKEUP ARTISTS AND HAIR STYLISTS IN HURON PERTH AREA. I LIVE IN BLUEVALE, ONTARIO (1 HOUR NORTH OF WATERLOO) I'M THINKING OF HAVING MY WEDDING IN BLYTH, ONTARIO WHICH IS 15 MINUTES FROM MY...

Alyssa, tuesday 15-May-18 8
Jessica
I love my ring
Jessica, On March 15, 2018 at 15:14

I love it 💞

Jessica, friday 16-Mar-18 17

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics