Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Super August 2018 Alberta

Veil

Jennifer, on March 16, 2018 at 13:12 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 25
Just curious how many brides are wearing a veil and how long are you wearing it for? I purchased a veil and am thinking of just wearing for the ceremony but I’m not 100% sure yet. Did you wear it for the ceremony and pictures or even for the reception as well?

25 Comments

Latest activity by Crystal, on March 21, 2018 at 13:35
  • Crystal
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Finger tip length as well.
    thinking of wearing it just for ceremony and photos!
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I purchased a waltz length veil after my SIL mentioned my Birdcage veil looked to harsh. I hate the long veil lol and will be sticking with my Birdcage veil. I plan on wearing it for the ceremony and pictures only.
  • Brianne
    Beginner June 2019 British Columbia
    Brianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cathedral length single layer veil for the ceremony and some photos only then I’m ditching it
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing two veils...dramatic, I know, but here's why:

My dress is short and I've ALWAYS wanted to wear a cute little birdcage veil, plus I think it fits the style of my wedding/dress better.

HOWEVER, I bought my dress off the rack and it's too big for me, so when the skirt gets taken in, my seamstress has offered to make me a custom veil out of the lace that needs to be cut out, which will then match my dress. The style of the lace can't be made into a birdcage, so it'll have to be longer.

So I'm thinking custom veil for the ceremony and pictures, and birdcage for the reception. (Oh, it's also a private ceremony, so no one at the reception will know that I've switched veils - not that that matters...)

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I purchased my veil for 170$ ( I’ll be reselling it lol ) and I’m only wearing it for the ceremony Smiley smile
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I purchased a cathedral length veil and will be wearing it for the ceremony and for pictures. I won't be wearing it for the reception because it will be way too difficult to do anything with it on.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies! I think I’m going to wear it for the ceremony and some pictures and then take it off. Now I just need t decide how to wear it with my hairdo or really how I want to have my hair that day I can be so indecisive haha
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine is finger tip as well. I like that style of veil. Smiley smile
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be wearing 1 but not that long. Something called fingertip veil and I'm only wearing it at the ceremony.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am honestly torn about the whole veil situation! I never pictured myself wearing one but when I tried one on with the dress I sorta loved it! My sister is veey insistent that I get one haha but I'm just not sure....have lots of time still to decide. Just funny how your mind can be so swt until you finally try something! I think if i did get one it would be in for the ceremony and someof the photos and then off for some photos and the rest of the night.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am wearing a veil! Absolutely love it! Definitely for the ceremony and the pictures! Still contemplating about the reception! Depends on how hot it gets I think for me.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Choosing to pass and opt for a custom made cherry blossom side clip ordered from etsy instead.
    i refuse to spend the money on something that im not wearing for more than a few minutes, as a result of family (read: mom!) insistence/pressure.

• Danielle
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm only wearing a veil for the ceremony and photos then taking it off at the reception

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really only bought mine to cover up my open back in the church. I got mine of kajiji for $40 from a really nice newly wedded bride, and it's perfectly lovely Smiley smile If you spent a lot on it I would wear it for longer to really milk it for all it's worth! Smiley smile
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to look at veils tomorrow. I think it won’t last much longer than the ceremony lol
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive been debating getting a veil - but i did purchase a really nice jeweled head band.. likely will just leave it like that. Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I was just thinking about that for pictures it would be nice to have both, with and without Smiley smile
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore a veil for about half of our pictures and for the ceremony!

I took my veil off right after the ceremony so it wasn't in my way anymore for cocktail hour and the reception!

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No veil for me. I'll be wearing a wrap and a veil with it would be too much.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I won’t be wearing a veil for various reasons (cost, comfort, look, etc.).
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be wearing a veil, I tried one on, originally I thought it would be a pain but it was pretty comfortable and I loved how it looked. My dress is a tea length so I'll probably have the veil only go to maybe my butt, maybe shorter. My dress has gorgeous buttons down the back so I do not want to take away from that. I'll only be wearing it for ceremony and some pictures. I will not be spending more than $50 on it because of how much it won't be used. My stepmother works in fashion so she has found a ton of designer veils for less than $50. She is also attempting to make one for me. If that doesn't work out she'll just buy one for me.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just realized my mom paid almost $200 for my veil and I don’t even know how long I will be wearing it! 🙈 talk about impulse buy lol I like your plan though! It’s the only time you’ll be able to wear a veil might as well wear it for as long as possible that day
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im not wearing one at all. I tried one on and it just annoyed me haha
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of wearing one for ceremony and some pictures

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be wearing a veil for the ceremony and pictures and potentially into the reception. I will probably take it off for the dance but I plan on wearing for as much of the day as possible!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics