Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dani
Curious August 2018 British Columbia

Destinations End of August

Dani, on April 29, 2018 at 22:33 Posted in Honeymoon 0 24

Suggestions for destinations at the end august? We would like to stay in Canada (BC) bur we would go to Seattle to jump on a cruise. I really wanted a cruise but FH wants an "all inclusive-beach front" kinda thing..

We already bounced from Alaska to Mexico (Puerto Vallarta - but gave up on it with fear of the zika virus as we might be pregnant by then) to Hawaii and back to Whistler (lol).. thoughts?! Thanks in advance! Smiley heart

24 Comments

Latest activity by doucette2thompson, on May 8, 2018 at 21:14
  • doucette2thompson
    Curious August 2018 New Brunswick
    doucette2thompson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My goal was to go to BC for our honeymoon but I don't feel it will be possible. Fiance and I are both returning to school in September. Maybe honey moon over March break haha!
  • Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are torn between salt spring and the okanagan now.. keep the ideas coming! You ladies rock!
  • Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Salt spring island? Tofino? Osyoos?

• Jason
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Jason ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sunshine Coast is fantastic - with some amazing resorts and ocean side B&B's

• Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this idea!! we were toying with this aswell! Since your in BC I would suggest Kelowna or anywhere in the Okanagen (if you don't live there already haha) for your minimoon. You could do wine tastings, hang out on the lakes, take in the views, go for a fancy dinner at one of the bigger wineries, etc! Lots of romantic and relaxing things to do! And I bet you could find great places on airbnb to stay at, or a bed and breakfast would be lovely too! If you wanted to make it more adventurous....make it into a road trip with a few other stops!

• Tia
    Newbie August 2018 Manitoba
    Tia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For us, we are staying in Canada and going to Halifax for six days! There are amazing things to do out there, and I couldn't be more excited!

• Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I am so jealous, I LOVE Scotland!! Do youRself a favour and go visit The Highlands... oh my God it is GORGEOUS!! Smiley heart

• Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is actually a great idea! Go for something small right after the wedding and then go to the beach on winter time which is really what makes sense when you live in Canada. I shall chat with him tonight. Thanks Breanne!

• Lisa
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to rent a car and drive the California coastline!
  • Jessee-Lee
    Beginner September 2018 Manitoba
    Jessee-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re planning a summer road trip for the following year. Gives us time to save up for travel and stuff. We’re from Manitoba so we’re headed your way to see the mountains again. Lol We might to a mini-moon to a cabin near Ontario for a little get away but we’re not sure yet.
  • Robyn
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re off to Europe! Poland, Germany, Switzerland and France!
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm actually planning to have my honeymoon in Dec 2018 so that we are both on Winter Break. currently mulling over places like Cuba, Hawaii...somewhere warm for approx. 10-14 days.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting Married mid September. My FH wanted to do a beach front all inclusive but I just can't go through with the risk of hurricane season ! Depending on your work situation is but we are just renting a cottage for a week to get away and be together And then we are going to look at going somewhere bigger after hurricane season is over for another week maybe !
  • M
    Newbie August 2018 New Brunswick
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are leaving one day after our wedding. Headed to Scotland for the week, then backpacking and island hoping around Croatia for another week. Smiley heart

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Dani,

We are getting married in August as well but instead of a full honeymoon we are taking a little mini-moon and going to Nashville for 4-5 days. Then in the winter/spring we are going to take our actual honeymoon, Greece and Bali are the top choices right now.

We decided to do it this way because most places in August are either battling storm season or extremely hot weather plus this way we can still get away from it all for a fews days in Nashville without breaking the budget (maybe you could do this with the West Coast as well - it's common here in Ontario to go to resort towns 2-3 hours away for a mini-moon).

Happy Honeymoon Planning!

• Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to wait a year or so to take our “official” honeymoon and having decided where we’re going for that yet. We are taking a short minimoon immediately after the wedding, and are going to Banff for a few days.
  • S
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Shaylea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're waiting till November for our honeymoon 😊

But I would suggest Maui or Kelowna!
  • Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Valérie! Maybe skipping the fancy resorts is the way to go... One of my bridesmaid said the same thing. She mentiones USD12 for a gallon of milk. I was shocked!

• Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Jamie, I definitely look into that as it would still give FH the "tropical" feel and hopefully we would spend a little less money. Awesome!

• Jamie
    Newbie May 2020 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you looked into destinations in Vancouver island? The island has so many amazing spots especially in the summer Smiley smile

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just got back from Hawaii (Maui), for my future MIL’s bday, and it was amazing but oh-so expensive. If you are thinking of going on one of the islands, here are a few tips:
    - Rent a house/condo with a kitchen and do most of your meals at home (especially breakfast and lunch);
    - Happy Hour is your best friend AND everybody offers it in some shape or form (we had most of our drinks and appetizers from happy hour menus);
    - Portions are HUGE (US size lol), so to avoid wasting food and money, split entrées and desserts.

Finally, the WestJet RBC MasterCard offers a cheap companion flight, which renews every year! We’ve already used ours once for Costa Rica last year and again last xmas. It’s definitely saved us a lot of money!
  • Dani
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the link Erin!

We are thinking Hawaii again but God it is SO expensive...

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All inclusive are honestly amazing!

Just be weary for where you choose August is getting into hurricane season for a lot of places especially down south! I think the west coast should be fine but I avoid travel south from July - October.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think your FH will have to let go of the idea of any tropical vacation if you fear zika virus and/or being pregnant already by that time. Here is a link to a table from the World Health Organization that states all the countries that currently have Zika cases.

I think if you want to stay in Canada traveling up North (Yukon, NWT, Nunavut) could be really interesting!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics