Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Which outfits look better?

JuneBride, on May 3, 2018 at 10:42 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17

FH and the groomsmen are going to wear a black suit and we are trying to figure out what looks nice. We are looking for opinions on what would look better. Our wedding colours are dark red, white and the reception decor will be in champagne. The bridesmaids will be in dark red and their bouquet is white with a bit of red.

White vest, white tie with a white flower.Which outfits look better? 1

Or should the tie be dark red? We are both leaning towards the white tie, but we are wondering if the a dark red tie would be better?

For the groomsmen (who will also be wearing jackets) we are thinking either

dark red shirt, black vest, white tie and flowerWhich outfits look better? 2

or red vest and tie with white flowerWhich outfits look better? 3

17 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 20, 2018 at 23:44
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Groom would look great in Option 1 whereas Groomamen look can give the touch of red Option 3 without flowers.
  • Charmaine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Charmaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer option 3.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All great options! Personally I'm always drawn towards the classic white and black!

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the first one Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like option one and if you can change the tie and pocket scarf(?) to the red in option 3 Smiley smile

Or keep option one the way it is and have their boutonnieres red instead.

• Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like option 3!
  • April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the first one !!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the first.

You could also put the groomsmen in red ties, and leave your FH in a White tie (or vice versa). This will make him pop out a bit more.

Or have them all in white ties/white flowers.. but your FH has a red flower (or something similar).

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the first choice since it classic and formal. The second one is better if you want to modernize the look a little.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the 1st and 3rd look. then it is just a pop of red. I feel if the guys are in red shirts next to red dresses its too much.
    if you have a good relationship with your photographer. ask them. mine has been helping me pick colours (granted...shes a friend and a graphic designer. so girl has a good eye). Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I wouldn’t want to over do it myself but some people like that look so I was just curious how you felt about that. If the girls are wearing red then I’d probably just do red ties and pocket squares/ flowers for the guys if it were me. Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a red tie for the groom would be a nice accent to bring everything together.

• J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like the colour red, but I'm worried it's going to be too much red.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the first look for the groom for sure... I think just doing white shirts, blacks vests, and a red tie or bow-tie, with red in your boutonniere will be enough for the groomsmen... I think with your girls being in red, it could get overwhelming. To be honest, picture 3 looks like a prom tux... but #2 is nice, just a lot of red if paired with the ladies, I think.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the first one for the groom and the second or third for the groomsmen Smiley smile how do you envision it? We did white shirts for the guys with a coloured vest and ties. Do you think it’ll be too much red when they’re paired with the ladies if they wear red shirts or do you want the look of a lot of red?
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do the first for the groom with a red flower instead of all white, and I prefer the second option for the groomsmen. I find the dark red shirt with the black vest very dark for a June wedding.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like the first look the best, it's very clean and sharp looking, plus you can have a red rose as the boutonniere to make it pop and that way represent both your colours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics