Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Super July 2018 British Columbia

Lets talk boudoir shoots!

Maegan, on May 8, 2018 at 01:49 Posted in Before the wedding 0 30
Has anybody done a boudoir photoshoot before the wedding?? Ive been considering doing one and giving an album to FH as a wedding present but id love to hear from some people who have done it! It will be SO FAR out of my comfort zone....

We you happy with it? Was it fun? Was it awkward or uncomfortable? tell me the good and the bad! Smiley laugh

30 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on May 21, 2018 at 17:18
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds awesome! That probably turned out awesome!
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Absolutely a confidence booster! It was so cool to do an outdoor one! We hiked a bit to get to remote spot on the lake and took an bunch of photos on mossy areas and in the trees with the lake and sunset in the background. And then we went right down to a log overhanging the lake and took some photos there. And then we found a beachy area and actually went in the water for the final couple photos!
    I MIGHT share a couple of them when i get my photos back Smiley winking i wont decide until i get them though!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome! I'm glad you had such a good experience! Boudoirs are absolutely amazing for confidence, and they ways turn out so good! I've never seen an outdoor one, that's different from the typical boudoir I like that, and that is definitely something I would do!
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that would be fun! I think your first step would be to find a photogrpher you are comfortable with and then explain what you want to them. They know so much! My photographer gave me some great ideas for outfits and she picked out the location for me Smiley smile
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Been considering it as a prewedding gift. Lots to consider about lingerie and stuff.

From the things I've read here it's an interesting experience and there's a lot of variety. Now I have to plan with location and figure out what outfits.

We're both gamers so is like to fit that in somehow Smiley smile
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So i did it! I booked a shoot and went out there today and it was SO MUCH FUN! For anyone on the fence about whether or not to do a boudoir shoot... Do it!!
    I did an outdoor shoot on a lake and im so excited to see the photos! My photographer was so fun and easy going and her excitement was contagious. We just laughed and had a great time the whole shoot.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Check out @DollyShotsPhoto on facebook!

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the idea of mixing it up! I’d go shopping and try a bunch of things on even stuff you wouldn’t normally pick out or gravitate too. Love that you’re not shy I’m sure that would make for a great shoot! I believe gingers can rock any colour but they always look at me funny when I say that hahaha My photographer originally said 3-4 outfit changes until I was like uhhh yeah I’ve worked with lingerie for 8 years I’ll never be able to decide on only 3 or 4! lol so she bumped me up to 6-7 changes. I’ve picked my bridal look which I think is a must if you’re doing it for the wedding so it’s a white body suit and hopefully my veil which I’m still waiting to come in! Then I have a red strappy bra and panty set, a few more body suits, one of his dress shirts, sexy panties for topless photos. I love the Merry Widow look I just hate the stalkings that go with them!! I might attempt for the photos but I’ll probably just wear stay up stalkings instead. You should definitely rock some sexy heels! For my outdoor photos I want to wear chaps and a cowboy hat. I got inspiration from my photographers models and then a shoot I seen online. Smiley smile
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve asked my FH if this would be something he would enjoy if I did and he felt a little uncomfortable and embarressed of the idea. It would be a unique photo shoot and I’m still deciding on it. It would be kind of romantic in future years to look back upon.
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been thinking of this and have someone locally who I know does this and i'd be comfortable in doing them with her but I live with my parents currently and him with his and I don't know if she has a location but i'd love to do some sexy photos with our snowmobiles (I know out of season) or with his quad but that I'd need the help of his mom somehow and him being away at work. Sigh....And a whole new wardrobe.....

• Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gloss Boudoir looks awesome too, I just subscribed to their fb page as I was thinking about doing it this week too...I like their style. Have fun, I've always wanted to do one and since I will never get younger than I am today and hopefully will be in the best shape of my life the time is now! I would love my 80yr self to have some sexy shots of me too!

• Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey you! What do you recommend for lingerie for a shoot (says pale ginger)... garter and heels? merry widow or bra. I am so far from shy Smiley smile

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend did it, and her fiancé loved it, her photos turned out really good. I think it’s a great idea. I probably will do one for my fiancé Smiley smile.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm interested!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amazing tips! I have it included in my photo package. Excited but nervous. And good to know about where to print. This was a huge thing for me as well
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya lots of good feedback! I think I have also been convinced to give it a try Smiley smile
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Horse stable sounds cool! I bet those photos will look amazing!
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh good to know! I didnt even think about printing photos haha.
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a great question, I’ve actually thought about this as well so it’s really great to read everyone’s thoughts and comments on it. After reading some of the responses you got I think I’m going to look at booking one as well.

Looks like this is a win!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have one scheduled next month I’m a little nervous! I know my photographer so I’m not sure if that will help or not lol she’s super excited so that gets me excited too! We’re doing indoor and outdoor photos - I’ll be going to a horse stable and doing some there and then at a hotel suite for the indoor. I sell women’s lingerie so it’s made me more confident over the years but still think I’ll be a little awkward at first lol but I know my fiancé will appreciate it Smiley smile
    I’ve heard that hollding some of the poses can actually be a little hard/uncomfortable but everyone I talk to says it’s worth it and it makes you feel great about yourself! You sign in your contract what your comfortable with like top and or full nudity and pick your boudoir style so I think mine is like sexy bridal or something like that.
  • Vanessa
    Beginner January 2019 Alberta
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do it!! It was weighing on my mind to do one for a long time. I saw a deal advertised on boudoir shoots, so I figured, it's now or never. I booked and paid for it, so there was no backing out! Buy yourself some new lingerie and take one of your FH's favorite shirts or a jersey of his favorite sports team to use. It is definitely nerve wracking, but if you get a good photographer, they will make you feel comfortable and even confident! In the end, I actually allowed my photographer to use some of my photos for advertising!! My FH absolutely loved them. He was incredibly surprised because it is definitely out of my comfort zone! You just have to bite the bullet and do it. You won't regret it!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also, I was really stressed out about finding a location to get my photos printed. I found a website called mybridalpix.com. They specialize in boudoir photo albums and you can even request an all-female editing team as well. They are American so the price was a little more expensive, however, I felt confident my photos would be in safe hands and the album turned out beautiful!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did one for my fiance as a wedding gift. It was definitely something I never considered, and was super uncomfortable, but I honestly couldn't think of anything else to gift him. I looked for a while for a photographer that I would feel comfortable with and found someone who was perfect! We met first to discuss what I was looking for and my comfort level. We actually did it in a hotel room, but it was super fun and my pictures turned out awesome!

• Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great advice- thank you!! Smiley smile
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't done mine yet, but I am doing what you are - doing a shoot this summer, and giving him a book as a pre-wedding gift.

One of my good friends is a very well established and amazing boudoir photographer. I have wanted to do a shoot with her for years, but couldn't afford it - she worked with me to do a trade - I sewed a suit for her, she's doing pictures for me! I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Tips she's given me -

- Find a photographer you are comfortable with! Go for coffee or have a meeting with them first. If you are not comfortable with them clothed, you will not be comfortable with them undressed.

- Go shopping for NEW lingerie, and if possible, talk to your photographer about it before buying anything. New lingerie will make you feel amazing, and some styles look better on camera than others.

- Find a style you like - each photographer will have a different style of boudoir. Find one that resonates with you.

- Double check what's included with your price - Hair and makeup? Access to accessories and props? Any prints? Photo touchups? Each photographer is different (just like with weddings!)

Here's more of her tips on her website: https://www.actsofbeauty.ca/edmonton-boudoir-photography/how-to-choose-boudoir-photographer/

• Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! I totally understand that! I dont know where I would be without my FH. And thanks but i live out in BC... Ive been looking into Umbrella Tree Boudoir and she looks pretty amazing and has really good reviews so yhats who i will probably book with.
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats awesome!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm 100% doing it for sure I love the idea! I have never been very comfortable with my body but my fiancé always makes me feel so good about every part of me so I wanted to do it for him for helping me become so much more self confident!
    Just do your research make sure other people have had good experiences! I have a contact in Toronto who I plan to do mine with if you're interested!
  • A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not as a wedding gift but I did one about 2 years ago. I wasn't sure if I wanted to, I was sooooooo nervous. My friend convinced me to do it as a pick me up after going thru some difficult health issues. The photographer was great and it ended up being a really positive experience and some great photos!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would like to do one some day, but not as a wedding gift! I've heard they are great. I personally don't know anyone who has done one though, but stories I've read have all been positive!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics