Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user August 2019 Ontario

moh & Bridesmaid proposal

Jessica, on March 13, 2018 at 00:33 Posted in DIY 0 30

Hey everyone!

I have two best friends and because one LOVES planning and lives close to me (she lives in Toronto and I live in Port Elgin, so 2.5 hours away) and the other lives in Halifax I decided to make one my (mer)Maid of Honour and the other my Bridesmaid for sure! I plan to have two more bridesmaids but I haven't quite decided yet on who. But these two girls I didn't even have to think about it, I just knew right away! Because I love them so much I wanted to do something special for them. I decided to do a mix of bought and DIY, but personalized all the way. I ordered personalized mirrors from weddingstar which I am completely obsessed with! If you haven't checked it out yet- DO IT! Smiley smile haha they have literally everything you can imagine! Robes, cake toppers, napkins, wine glasses (all customizable!) at reasonable prices! I decided to go the extra mile and get them engraved. Then I ordered two different cards from etsy, and some etsy hairbands, and did a few DIY's. I had so much fun putting these together! My MOH cried, and tomorrow I'll be skyping my bridesmaid as she opens hers....can't wait to see her reaction!

Check out my photos below and let me know what you guys did! DId you do a proposal...or just ask? How did you choose your bridal party? Share some photos!

On the inside I wrote "Obviously I want you to be my (mer)Maid of honour!" Smiley smile moh & Bridesmaid proposal 1

Smiley heart

MOH mirror frontmoh & Bridesmaid proposal 2Mermaid of honour engraving moh & Bridesmaid proposal 3Had little mini rose gold frames with a photo of the two of us! This one was for the MOH, for my bridesmaid Jill I had a photo of us in a lake in Algonquin parkmoh & Bridesmaid proposal 4Jill's said "We'll be wearing a little bit more but have just as much fun!" as we were wearing bikinis moh & Bridesmaid proposal 5MOH hair ties from etsy, also bought a bridesmaid versionmoh & Bridesmaid proposal 6Mermaid vibes bath bomb...because why not?!moh & Bridesmaid proposal 7Maid both girls a DIY personalized wine glass, which didn't turn out as perfect as I would have hoped but still fun!moh & Bridesmaid proposal 8

from etsymoh & Bridesmaid proposal 9compact mirror engravingmoh & Bridesmaid proposal 10compact mirror frontmoh & Bridesmaid proposal 11Jill's cardmoh & Bridesmaid proposal 12

The bags! I bought them from the dollar store and used a stencil for the wreath.moh & Bridesmaid proposal 13

30 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on May 4, 2018 at 18:35
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Sorry 25 but I asked for two diff colors of vinyl. I messaged and she did it custom for me as she hasn’t done it before. Turned out awesome and all done by hand.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/MisstoMrsWeddings?ref=pr2018_faveshops

She’s located out of Hamilton. Also has Facebook page.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OH WOW!!!!!!
    Who was it on etsy that you used??
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It wasn’t! 20 per box
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I looooooove this!!!!! And doesn't look like it would have been too crazy expensive?? Amazing!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh man that's terrible! So sorry you're having to deal with that. Sounds like a bit of a diva to me....its your wedding not hers!!
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Or really, one gave me ultimatum and I said she could choose not to be in it if it was an issue because not choosing. She hasn’t decided yet. Told her she can step down though
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no! That's too bad. Did it get worked out?
    Those look so great!!!
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It went really well! They were really excited, I had bit of drama because I had two maid of honor’s, one wasn’t okay with it

moh & Bridesmaid proposal 14

moh & Bridesmaid proposal 15
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How did it all turn out?? I'm sure your girls were thrilled! I would love to see photos!

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WELL DONE!!!! how did you do the jewelery tray?

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey all!

I have completed my other two bridesmaid boxes and wanted to share! (sorry for the not so great photos, my camera is terrible lol

The outside of the box and the personalized photos I put inside! (I printed them using my hp sprocket)moh & Bridesmaid proposal 16Inside of the box had a bridesmaid hair tie with "To have and to hold your hair back" tag, a face mask, nail polish, and sparkly gold toe seperators for pedicures! I wanted to give them stuff to pamper themselves.moh & Bridesmaid proposal 17The cards I made for themmoh & Bridesmaid proposal 18

The Box says priceless on the outside, and has this lovely message on the inside! So when they take off the card and nametag I made for them they will still have this lovely keepsake. Smiley smilemoh & Bridesmaid proposal 19

I'm looking forward to giving them to them and seeing their reactions!

Keep your DIY's coming!

• Cameron
    Newbie March 2020 British Columbia
    Cameron ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a pretty cool site, my only issue is everyone is for Mr and Mrs, when I need Mrs and Mrs. Lol
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww that's so nice! 😊 I'm sure they loved it.
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love weddingstar! My coworker and I lived on that website when talking about our weddings! Very cute gifts and proposals Smiley smile

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I dont have the pictures but for my MOH I gave her a wine glass that said "Maid of Honour" on one side and then her name on the other. I gave her the getting ready robe, some candles, LCBO gift card and then some nail polish in a box with a note about why I wanted her to be my MOH. She almost dropped the wine glass when she saw it because she was so excited! For my bridesmaids I did the same thing just minus the wine glass Smiley smile

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made boxes for my bridal party too. I did my first dIYS for everything except for the knot earrings. But I did make the tag for it. I made new labels for my FH groomsman's whiskey and glasses but I can't post the pic as it has a little profanity on it. Lol. The best part is he did help put it together.

moh & Bridesmaid proposal 20
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooo yay!! I can't wait to see! Hope you have a blast making them!
  • Dani
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh I love the ideas! I made cards for mine with theirs pics but now you inspired me to work on a goodie bag! Will.come back with pictures Smiley smile
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes shipping was fast! If I remember correctly they said it would ship in a week and actually arrived a few days earlier! I believe the warehouse that everything ships from is in Saskatchewan.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never heard of this website before ! all of your gifts look awesome ! Was shipping quick from this site ? I will have to check it out !

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Super cute! My bridesmaids live in Calgary and South Korea at the moment so I couldn't really ship them anything so I just asked.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This sounds awesome! Cant wait to see your photos! I'll have to check out that etsy page
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the items you chose! I am sure they will love it. I ordered from a person on etsy that I previously dealt with Miss to Mrs Wedding items. I did a makeup bag, wine glass, wine labels, and card, then I put the labels on the homemade wine I got. I can't wait to give them to my girls! I am picking up the order next Friday and will have to post photos then Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww thank you Smiley catface Smiley love
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are so cute!! I love the boxes and how you put the message on the lid! Thanks for sharing!
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow I love tgat scratch card idea!! Never heard of that before! Thanks for sharing!
  • Audrey
    Curious August 2019 New Brunswick
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! I love all the stuff you get them. It is meaning full.
    I knew who I wanted as my moh and bridesmaid. Like you, I chose the one who lives close To me To be my moh since the other one is 8h away. I proposed my moh already and she cried.😁 I gave Her a notebook that match my wedding planner,, a Will you be my moh scratch-off card and a personalized letter.

moh & Bridesmaid proposal 21

moh & Bridesmaid proposal 22
  • Audrey
    Curious August 2019 New Brunswick
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg !! Woww I love all the stuff you gave
  • M
    Newbie September 2018 Quebec
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did something similar. I gave each girl a box. They all got the same thing but different candles. We also did one for the boys as well. You can’t see it very well but each guy for a whiskey glass. Everyone really enjoyed it and we had fun making them.

moh & Bridesmaid proposal 23

moh & Bridesmaid proposal 24

moh & Bridesmaid proposal 25
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are so thoughtful! I like how the wine glasses turned out! Your girls are lucky to have you ☺️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics