Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie January 2019 British Columbia

Found my dream dress, but back fat :'(

Alisha, on February 26, 2018 at 15:29 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 28

So I found my dream dress.... but the back fat in the back is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Wedding date is most likely June 30th. Not sure I have enough time to slim down my back. Anyone able to recommend any workouts to help tone? I'm not wearing a bra or shape wear.

Front View Smiley smile Found my dream dress, but back fat :'( 1Back View Smiley sad Found my dream dress, but back fat :'( 2

28 Comments

Latest activity by Lauren, on April 13, 2020 at 22:10
  • L
    Newbie June 2021 Tennessee
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you my wedding is next year and i am having the same feelings about my back Found my dream dress, but back fat :'( 3

Found my dream dress, but back fat :'( 4

• Elise
    Beginner April 2018
    Elise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try cool sculpt or any cavitation machine you can find locally in your city. They typically can remove like 1-2" in a single session if you're in a time crunch.

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a gorgeous dress on you. and if you start working out/eating better now you should be able to go down a dress size which might be enough to just be just right on you. Not that it isn't now though to be honest...

• Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also, best advice for working out is alternating between lifting heavy weights and cardio. You can't spot reduce, but gaining more overall muscle helps you burn fat all day. And lifting weights will not make you bulky. If you don't have weights body weight and hiit exercises are great. Along with working out the main way to change your body is to change the way you eat, look into clean eating! You can do it!!!!
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Girrrrrrrrrl you have to get that dress! It is absolutely gorgeous on you! STUNNING! Also I see no back fat. But you can work your butt off in the meantime before the wedding If it will help you gain confidence. But honestly you look beautiful in that dress.
  • Markie
    Beginner November 2018 Ontario
    Markie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First- BUY THE DRESS!!!! you look gorgeous in it regardless of weightloss
    second- I am addicted to working out so I shall help Smiley smile HIIT workouts! box jumps/sprints/wall balls/ burpees/ frog jumps!! If you do hiit 4-5x week you will shed like crazay!!! add in weights too!! your best bet is to buy a workout plan- google Ashley Horner- she has plans for every fitness level.

Im not saying this because you need to! I think getting the plan will change your life and make you feel more confident!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone here!! The dress is AMAZING and you look AMAAAAAZING in it!!! We are all our toughest critics so I can understand you noticing your own problem areas but in all honestly I don't think you have anything to worry about! As mentioned the dress isn't fitted to you yet so that will help!!
    I have huge issues with my own tummy and arms which too became a problem when I tried on dresses. But for me I know how much my fiancé loves every bit of me whether firm or flabby and 100% I am dressing up on our day for him alone! If anyone thinks to say or even think of anything they can see themselves to the door~
  • Stepheny
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Stepheny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're beautiful!!.... your dress is not high enough on your back..you need to pull it up..and have it altered to your fit. try it you'll see.. your person doing your alterations should know that .. Smiley smile

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look amazing in the dress!
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What back fat?! You are stunning and the dress is very flattering on you. Smiley smile

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1. Your back is beautiful!
    2. That dress is STUNNING!
    You have to go for it, it's absolutely gorgeous! If you'd feel more comfortable, you can have straps put on or wear a topper of some sort, but honestly, it looks so good.
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look fantastic in that dress! Regardless of what you think, you look great! Back and all!

I hear you though about the back, if your incomfortable it will be ALL you think about the day of. Your going to feel exposed and no amount of alcohol shots will give you that liquid courage!

Have you thought about about adding anything to the dress? Like a veil? Maybe wear your hair long and float to help disguise anything, or adding a little lace top to the dress similar to the photo attached?

Found my dream dress, but back fat :'( 5
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The dress looks great on you! If you're uncomfortable with your back showing, I would cover it with a veil or pick a hairstyle that would allow you to leave your hair down to cover it as an alternative solution to losing weight quickly.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this dress on you! If you are having a veil it will for sure help hide the area and like it was said earlier you can do exercises to help tone that area. If you love the dress you should get it!

• Kendalevelina
    Beginner May 2019 British Columbia
    Kendalevelina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldnt worry. I mean if YOU dont feel confident in it that's your personal opinion but I and everyone else think you look stunning already. That being said, your hairstyle could help cover and your veil?
    I have a tattoo on my bra line from when I as 18. I found a strapless gown (didnt even want strapless) but I felt so good in the dress, even though you can totally see my "lady like a fox" scribe. Im a bit worried, but I feel so damn good in that dress, that it doesn't even matter, because everything else looks amazing.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the dress looks good from the back too! Although I know that’s not the answer your looking for, so here are some tips:
    -do strength exercises that target your back (lat pull downs, rowing, pull-ups, etc) and triceps. The weight should be 70-80% of the max amount of weight you could lift once (so if you can do 100lbs on lat pull down one time, you should pull 70-80lbs, for 6reps and three sets of reps). Aim for doing this 2-3 times per week and not on days you do cardio (doing cardio in the same day lessens the effect of strength training). I highly recommend having a registered kinesiologist or at the very least a personal trainer determine the amount of weight for you because it’s dangerous to perform on your own
    -do cardio that has high intensity bursts if you’re medically able to do so (like sprint for 30 seconds and then jog for two mins and repeat). This allows for less time working out but you still get a lot of high quality work in. This WONT target your back but could reduce overall adoposity
    -try to not drink your calories, you get a surprising amount through drinks
    Disclaimer: I’m a fourth year kinesiology student so while I do know more then the general population, my advice is by no means as sound as your doctor, personal trainer, or registered kinesiologist. Always consult a doctor before starting exercises Smiley winking
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG this dress looks amazing on you!! Its an hard area to slim down in. I wouldn't worry but I know as a girl you are going to still worry. People are going to see your front the most, try to think of it this way. Let your photographer know your worries as well this way they can try to avoid taking those type of photos

• Christine
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Girl. You’re crazy. Lol. That dress is stunning on you. I would not have noticed that tiny area of imaginary back fat if you hadn’t pointed it out. And neither will anyone else. Pull the trigger. That dress is amazing.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was my biggest issue too with my dress and I've honestly learned to just roll with it (no pun intended). I've always had a chunkier shoulder/back area and have always had issues with wearing strapless dresses because of this. I'll be wearing my hair down and have a cathedral veil which will help hide it. Nobody is going to be paying attention to that, except for you. As previously mentioned we are our toughest critics. Everybody is going to be paying attention to how beautiful you look and how happy the two of you are on your big day, not your back. Put the damn deposit down on that dress, girl! It looks so flippin' gorgeous on you!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm with Tatiana! I don't think it's "back fat", I just think your dress is just a little too tight!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No one will notice trust me. if you are worried about it you can wear a veil or add straps if you would like.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look amazing!

The “back fat” isn’t noticeable but I’m sure you could find some exercise online that would have results by June!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful dress, and I do feel that it looks fine. We are our own worst critic.

When i was trying on my dress I complained about the same thing. My sister in law joked that dresses must be designed by men as every dress seems to not be as flattering to our back and sides. I had a good laugh, and don’t really mind anymore. If you are concerned, talk to your seamstress and see if they can help at all
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a similar issue both at the back and the front so I added lacy shoulder straps. What I thought of as my bad parts were covered and I felt much more comfortable!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No one else is going to notice! We are our hardest critics. I have the same issue, but I think with the veil, it will help to hide it. I think a seamstress can make adjustments or you could also add sleeves.

It's a gorgeous dress and you will look stunning in it!

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, you don't even need to excercise. A seamstress can adjust it so you don't experience the roll (I also had the same thing).
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alisha,

The dress is beautiful and fits you so well! Although I think you're seeing things others won't, I understand your concern about the back squishiness (I will not call that fat) - I have a bit of the same with mine.

I would say google or pinterest an exercise plan focusing on arms and back and start it right away. Honestly if you're doing it consistently (4-5 times a week) you should start to notice a different within a few weeks even if it's just adding a bit of tone. The key is you have to be prepared to dedicate yourself to it (and you can find some great at home work outs that are only 10-20 minutes!) If you can't see yourself doing it more than 1-2 times a week you may not see the results you want but if you're prepared to work for the dress you can definitely make it happen!

Who doesn't love a little wedding dress motivation - I think the dress is stunning on you and you are far from having back fat.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had the exact same issue but my wedding very soon so i took in the bust area and let out the back, not more back fat. I am still working out but i am a noviece so no recommendations.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics