Skip to main content
Malyssa
Malyssa

Calgary, Alberta · From October 2021

Planning the wedding of my "dreams" on a budget in under a year! Just a girl with a Cricut bringing my visions to reality.

Happily married 🎉

October 8, 2022

537days 2hrs
Aubrey
Best way to secure a headpiece?
Aubrey, On January 11, 2023 at 22:44

I had my wedding hair trial recently and we had some trouble securing my headpiece to my half up half down hairstyle. The headpiece wouldn’t stay put with bobby pins at the ends. The headpiece is...

AbdulquentNB, monday 23-Jan-23 6
J
Old friends?
Julie, On January 7, 2023 at 20:29

What is everyone's opinion on inviting old friends to the wedding? There are 2 women who I was best friends with in high school/many years ago, and we talk every once in a while and see each other...

Kimberly, monday 16-Jan-23 9
Cassia
Color combinations
Cassia, On January 9, 2023 at 00:43

Hi everyone! Wanted to share with you about the color scheme for my wedding. Purple like lavender/lilac and sage/mint green. For my bridesmaids I definitely want to see them in light purple. However,...

JamesBycleKJ, friday 13-Jan-23 4 1
J
Renting Wedding Flowers
Jasmine, On January 11, 2023 at 09:57

I’m looking into renting faux wedding flowers, anyone done anything similar? Just want to save some money and faux are beautiful

Sarah, saturday 14-Jan-23 6
Brittany
Wedding Dress Came In!
Brittany, On December 29, 2022 at 10:15

Last night my wedding dress came in and I fell in love all over again. I never felt so beautiful in anything. The dress fits perfectly (I was a little worried with all the holiday eating it would be a...

Malyssa, thursday 5-Jan-23 19 4
Bethany
Does anyone not care to have a wedding cake?
Bethany, On January 2, 2023 at 15:50

I'm not a super traditional bride, I just got engaged and upon talking to my fiance and he doesn't reallu care to a have a cake snd neither do I. I'm not big on sweets and neither is he, we were...

Kimberly, monday 16-Jan-23 19
T
Table linens
Tara, On January 3, 2023 at 14:21

Has anyone used efavormart? I'm trying to find linens that are affordable (and not plastic) I don't want to rent them as the cost is crazy where I am for rentals.

Tara, thursday 5-Jan-23 4
Sira
Is grey too dark of a Wedding colour??
Sira, On January 4, 2023 at 18:21

I'm working on my own Save Our Date cards to send out digitally along with a website link to help me collect guests email and mailing addresses. I'm doing this a YEAR before my wedding to give plenty...

Tanu, monday 9-Jan-23 7
Amanda
Wedding Ornaments!
Amanda, On December 20, 2022 at 19:29

Hello Everyone! Are any of you celebrating Christmas in an extra special way this year?! Do you have an ornament celebrating your engagement or newly married?! If so, let's show them off! This is my...

Amanda, thursday 5-Jan-23 23 1
Julie
Requesting Contact Info through Website issue???
Julie, On December 20, 2022 at 14:05

Just have a random question for all of you that use the WeddingWire Request Info. Do guests have the ability to ADD a plus one?? I had guest (with no plus one linked to their name) but today I noticed...

Julie, wednesday 21-Dec-22 8
Stephanie
Shapewear
Stephanie, On December 18, 2022 at 19:40

Does anyone have suggestions on a shape-wear that has high frontal coverage but low-no back? I’m having a hard time finding anything in stock online.

Malyssa, wednesday 21-Dec-22 5
E
Florist prices
Emily, On December 18, 2022 at 13:27

Hey everyone! How much did it cost for your flowers? I wanna get real flowers for the bouquets. I was wondering if it would be cheaper to get dried flowers for the boutonnières, corsages, table pieces...

Emily, wednesday 21-Dec-22 3
Katie
Alcohol for daytime ceremony/reception?
Katie, On December 16, 2022 at 12:06

Our ceremony will take place at 11am and the event will end at 3pm. We will have about 40 people, only half those people will be drinking. Our venue has an option for open bar $75/ or...

Hank, tuesday 20-Dec-22 3
Emma
Help! Looking for Winter wedding venues - Bring own Alcohol
Emma, On December 15, 2022 at 16:10

My fiancé and I are looking for venues around Banff and Canmore or Fernie to host our wedding. We are open to having the reception and ceremony in different locations, but do want it convenient enough...

Emma, monday 19-Dec-22 2
Lynnie
Congrats to the winner of the 70th edition WeddingWire contest!
Lynnie, On December 12, 2022 at 13:30

We've got a winner!! 🏆 Congrats to Allison & Matt - winners of the 70th edition of the WeddingWire contest!! Here is what Allison had to say about winning: "Matt and I are beyond thrilled to be...

Malyssa, tuesday 13-Dec-22 5
E
Outdoor Wedding Music
Emily, On December 13, 2022 at 09:14

Hey everyone! I’m planning to do an outdoor wedding ceremony. What did you guys use speaker wise for music? And one that has a mic.

Joy, monday 19-Dec-22 7
Isabel
Non Destination Destination Wedding Guest List Help
Isabel, On December 13, 2022 at 15:04

Hello all, I am in a little bit of a pickle settling on a venue and truly understanding the approximate cost of my wedding. My Fiance and I are in British Columbia and so are my closest family...

Nicole, tuesday 20-Dec-22 6
C
Photographer
Chantelle, On November 30, 2022 at 19:16

Hi everyone! I’m looking for recommendations for photographers in the Canmore area- I want to try and stay below $2000 if possible! Thank you!

Malyssa, friday 2-Dec-22 2
A
First dance length
Allison, On November 30, 2022 at 18:59

How long is your first dance song? How long is too long? The song we picked is 4:37, I love the song but I don’t want to bore our guests.

Carine, thursday 8-Dec-22 8
Raelee
Bridal shoes
Raelee, On November 29, 2022 at 21:05

I’m having a hard time finding anything I love for bridal shoes. Help! List your fav bridal show sites

KELLY, wednesday 14-Dec-22 14
Holly
Where to start?!
Holly, On November 30, 2022 at 10:39

Hi there! I just got engaged in October and I’m hoping for our wedding to be in the summer of 2024. Which I’m starting to realize is not the far away lol. I think after Christmas I’m really going to...

KELLY, thursday 8-Dec-22 12
Chelsea
Do's and Don'ts while planning your wedding
Chelsea, On November 20, 2022 at 17:26

What would be the top 5 do's and don'ts while planning your wedding

Vinod, thursday 8-Dec-22 8
J
Online Wedding Dance Lessons?
Johanna, On November 21, 2022 at 13:25

Suggestions? I found this https://weddingdancecycle.com . Anyone tried it?

Malyssa, tuesday 29-Nov-22 1
Jacquie
Food price
Jacquie, On November 21, 2022 at 14:36

I think picking the food to serve is the HARDEST part of planning this wedding!! That being said, future brides, past brides, etc what do you think is a reasonable price for catering? The one I am...

Jacquie, friday 2-Dec-22 8
Amanda
Getting ready
Amanda, On November 24, 2022 at 20:51

Hi everyone so my home is small rooms are small . and I just don’t think it would fit my whole bridal party and wouldn’t look very nice in getting ready photos can anyone suggest places maybe to take...

JamesbetZQ, friday 16-Dec-22 6
Jamey
Pre-wedding Fashion
Jamey, On November 26, 2022 at 17:29

Hey, I’m looking to see where everyone has been shopping for bachelorette, shower, rehearsal dinner outfits these days? I am going to Austin for my bachelorette and need cute outfits! Any boutiques or...

Malyssa, tuesday 29-Nov-22 4
Madison
First Dance
Madison, On November 28, 2022 at 06:35

Hey friends! The hardest thing about my wedding is trying to find a first dance song for me and my soon to be husband. What song are you using? Give me some ideas.

Kaitlin, saturday 7-Jan-23 13
A
Are you having a bridal shower?
Allison, On November 29, 2022 at 08:32

I’m having a hard time deciding if I should have a bridal shower or not. A lot of people are telling me I should but we already own a house together and have mostly everything we need. Someone has...

Andrea, saturday 31-Dec-22 11
Kate
Engagement Ring : complete surprise or previously picked out?
Kate, On November 29, 2022 at 13:23

Hello all! Let's talk rings! I feel like it is becoming more and more common to pick out your own ring and have your sweetheart go pick up or drop lots of hints as to what you love! So my question is...

I'm, friday 17-Mar-23 29
Amanda
Honeymoon!
Amanda, On November 17, 2022 at 11:37

After the wedding comes the honeymoon - a romantic vacation for you and your new spouse to decompress after the wedding and spend time together. Where will you and your spouse spend your honeymoon?!...

Amanda, sunday 18-Dec-22 16
Liberty
Let's talk vows!!
Liberty, On November 15, 2022 at 16:21

Are you and your partner planning on doing vows just the two of you in private or during the ceremony? There are so many options! My husband and I did private vows during our first look then did...

ArthurHeavaLQ, sunday 25-Dec-22 13
C
Procession are you keeping it traditional or having fun?
Carine, On November 15, 2022 at 15:17

My plan is to have the boys jam it out to a song they all enjoy, so they can have their moment and their shine. Then I was thinking his grandparents, his parents, my party then me and my pops. What...

Carine, monday 19-Dec-22 18

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics