Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2023 Ontario

First dance length

Allison, on November 30, 2022 at 18:59 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
How long is your first dance song?
How long is too long?
The song we picked is 4:37, I love the song but I don’t want to bore our guests.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on December 8, 2022 at 10:35
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our song is 2:00 min long, still too long for the FH but he's lucky I found a song that we both like and shorter than others I was going to pick

• Itsemmalouisa
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Itsemmalouisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The song we chose is 4:07 and we're planning to dance to the whole thing. I don't think that's too long - besides, it's your day! Your guests will have fun and waiting an additional minute is not going to ruin their experience. If you and your partner love the song, then I say soak up every second of your first dance togetherSmiley shame

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t chosen a specific song, the first song we ever danced to turns out is about a dying child 😟. So we are going to take some dance lessons and have our first dance like a waltz or the samba.
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours was a 2-part dance, starting with 'I Don't Want to Miss A Thing' by Aerosmith. Then, at about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes in, it switched to Dan Davidson's 'Found' as a 'get this party going' song. Total length was about 4 1/2 minutes.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing! Great idea Malyssa!

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So we did something a little different, because we didn't want to dance for 3+ minutes so we had one of our music tech friends splice an acoustic version of our song into the original version, which opened up the dance floor. So we only danced for about 1.5 minutes and it was amazing! We didn't tell many of people what we were doing and it blew all our guests away with our dance finale!

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Allison! Congrats and welcome!
    Our song is 6:37 but we both agreed it was way too long. We are having the DJ start to fade us out at 3:30. I also told DJ if he sees my FH is starting look like he's had enough, to call it. I gave my FH the option to bow out early since he hates dancing lol He definitely appreciated it
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Allison! First, welcome to WeddingWire and congrats on the engagement and upcoming wedding!

My husband and I's first dance was 3:58

Choose the song that you want to dance to and don't worry about your guests! This is your wedding day! You only get to dance your first dance once!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics