Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cassia
Newbie May 2024 British Columbia

Color combinations

Cassia, on January 9, 2023 at 00:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 4

Hi everyone!

Wanted to share with you about the color scheme for my wedding. Purple like lavender/lilac and sage/mint green.

For my bridesmaids I definitely want to see them in light purple. However, my sister is the MOH and not fond of wearing royal purple. What color do you think would go nicely?

Also, my husband to be has gorgeous blue eyes I think he'd look wonderful in a royal blue suit. What do you guys think? For a nice touch of green, he was thinking of getting leaves of Lorien pins for his groomsmen from LOTR.

How cool would that be??

4 Comments

Latest activity by JamesBycleKJ, on January 13, 2023 at 08:15
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree also- there are sooo many shades of purple to choose from

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I kinda agree with Hank here. I think your sister should follow your wishes of purple and like Carine mentioned, there are many shades of purple. Lots of brides are opting for mix matched colors. Could she compromise for another shade of purple?

Love the LOTR tie in tho!! Always love when couples tie in their likes and hobbies into their wedding!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

While it's nice that you are giving your sister options, if your colour scheme is purple, as the MOH she should just suck it up and wear purple for one day.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to wedding wire.

Lavendar is an amazing color and so many shades to play with. You don't have to go with a deep royal purple you can go with the same shade just darker. For you groom Yes Blue for his eyes, and for the hint of green look at eucalyptus and Succulent instead of flowers would also tie in nicely with the mints and purples.

Color combinations 1

Color combinations 2

Color combinations 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics