Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2023 Ontario

Are you having a bridal shower?

Allison, on November 29, 2022 at 08:32 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11
I’m having a hard time deciding if I should have a bridal shower or not. A lot of people are telling me I should but we already own a house together and have mostly everything we need. Someone has mentioned doing a “Honeymoon Fund” or a gift card only shower but I’m not sure how I feel about that either.
I almost feel guilty for having one!

Are you having a bridal shower or are there any alternatives?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Andrea, on December 31, 2022 at 16:57
  • A
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t have any parties prior (engagement, bridal,
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m having a a shower, my MOH is not giving me a choice. Even though we live together, and pretty much already have everything we have it set for Monetary gifts or just their presence is enough.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not having a shower either. Besides the fact that the majority of my family will not be present, I would rather just avoid it completely.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I am in a similar boat as most, been with my husband 8 years and living together 7 of those, but I still had a shower and it was a blast. Even just a nice time to spend with my girlfriends. And because they all know me and my partner well, I got mostly gift cards to la senza, Victoria secret, dinner, ect. I didn't get anything really that was unnecessary. My mom made it clear gifts were not necessary on the invite but people still did and was appreciated.
  • Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not doing any of the typical pre-wedding events. Mostly because my friends and family live out of province.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of these sound like really sweet, intimate, chill ideas - love it.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't have a big bachelorette party myself. My moh and I went to Avril Lavigne and then we went to the Calgary stampede and saw Flo Rida

• A
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have been together for 11 years and living together for 2 years. At this point I feel like I don’t need anything else cluttering the house lol. I think I will opt out as well, you just get so many opinions thrown at you it’s hard to make sense of them all!

I’m not having anything big for bachelorette just a night in with a few close friends and family. More of a girls night than anything.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't want to have one a first either. My now husband and I have been living together for almost 8 years and we own a house together and don't really need anything. But in the end my mom, mil and moh threw me one anyways. It was actually nice to have because everyone got together before the big day and just had a great time. My mom, mil and moh did tell the guests that monetary gifts were more appreciated. That way we could use the money at a later date for something we really wanted.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I opted out of having one. My now husband and I had been living together for 6 years and had everything as well. I also opted out of a bachelorette but probably would have done something like getting the girls together for a brunch and some shopping or something light and cute like that. I did not want anyone to incur any extra expenses but that is just me, I think it's expected for most people when someone is getting married though.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Allison, welcome to Weddingwire. This is our second time around, we live together and have eveything as well. We opted out of any bridal shower, Bachelorette/bachelor parties. I too just didnt feel good about asking for more. My bestie was buggin me about this and she decided she wanted to start a raffle on FB for us to go towards our honeymoon. She's doing this with her FB friends and not mine. I thought it was a sweet gesture plus She's doing it whether I like it or not. Lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics