Skip to main content
Jacquie
Beginner October 2023 New Brunswick

Food price

Jacquie, on November 21, 2022 at 14:36 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
Saved
I think picking the food to serve is the HARDEST part of planning this wedding!! That being said, future brides, past brides, etc what do you think is a reasonable price for catering? The one I am looking at is 25 pp but includes the plates and silverware (which the reception area doesn’t supply) staff to serve, clean and set up. I have about 75 people as a rough draft. Should I keep looking for something less expensive or is this a good deal?
At this rate I’m probably just going to order some platters from Subway lololol

6 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on November 24, 2022 at 08:19
  • Carine
    Featured September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute

We are paying $75 a person, but that was before they jacked up the prices, now it's $95 a person. but you're looking at anywhere from $50-$100+. But that seems like a really great deal.

• Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Yes good idea! They offer lots of chicken. So I’ll have to really look into the menu to make sure
  • Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    It’s so funny how the food is one of the most expensive parts 🤦🏼‍♀️ But thank you! This makes me feel better. Especially when things are included. I always thought the catering would be easier. Aka 15$ a plate tops 😂😂
  • J
    Beginner August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute

The place I'm looking at averages between $30-$40 per person and includes dishes, servers, table linens, and all that as it's part of a venue. Honestly, looking at rentals of dishes and silverware, unless you get paper plates, it's expensive, so having that included really helps. Most restaurants will charge around $25-$30 for a meal, at least the places I've been to recently, so that seems like a good price.
    But like others said, see what that includes, because some places will charge more for having a starter like soup or salad.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    We paid 85 per plate so 25 sounds great. But I would check and see what kind of food you get with that price though
  • Stevie
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    This sounds like a pretty good price but I guess it depends what it includes in the way of food

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics