Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jacquie
Beginner October 2023 New Brunswick

Food price

Jacquie, on November 21, 2022 at 14:36 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
I think picking the food to serve is the HARDEST part of planning this wedding!! That being said, future brides, past brides, etc what do you think is a reasonable price for catering? The one I am looking at is 25 pp but includes the plates and silverware (which the reception area doesn’t supply) staff to serve, clean and set up. I have about 75 people as a rough draft. Should I keep looking for something less expensive or is this a good deal?
At this rate I’m probably just going to order some platters from Subway lololol

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jacquie, on December 2, 2022 at 11:05
  • Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome!! This was the last sign that I needed to hear to hire them! Thanks everyone 😘
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone here. We paid $40 pp for buffet with 2 meat options. Our food was provided by the venue so we kinda had everything already included so you are definitely getting a good price there. Smiley smile
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying $75 a person, but that was before they jacked up the prices, now it's $95 a person. but you're looking at anywhere from $50-$100+. But that seems like a really great deal.

• Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes good idea! They offer lots of chicken. So I’ll have to really look into the menu to make sure
  • Jacquie
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s so funny how the food is one of the most expensive parts 🤦🏼‍♀️ But thank you! This makes me feel better. Especially when things are included. I always thought the catering would be easier. Aka 15$ a plate tops 😂😂
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The place I'm looking at averages between $30-$40 per person and includes dishes, servers, table linens, and all that as it's part of a venue. Honestly, looking at rentals of dishes and silverware, unless you get paper plates, it's expensive, so having that included really helps. Most restaurants will charge around $25-$30 for a meal, at least the places I've been to recently, so that seems like a good price.
    But like others said, see what that includes, because some places will charge more for having a starter like soup or salad.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We paid 85 per plate so 25 sounds great. But I would check and see what kind of food you get with that price though
  • Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This sounds like a pretty good price but I guess it depends what it includes in the way of food

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics