Skip to main content
Bethany
Bethany

St Vincent, Alberta · From October 2017

I am a country girl at heart marrying my farmer fiancé. We met in school after I left my province to go to school for agriculture. Farming has always been... View more

I am a country girl at heart marrying my farmer fiancé. We met in school after I left my province to go to school for agriculture. Farming has always been my passion even though we didn't live on a big farm. I have been dreaming of my wedding from a young age and can definitely see myself getting married to my man. Fun fact: I am tall and told myself I was never dating anyone shorter than me. Well you guessed it, my fiancé is shorter than me! But honestly I do not mind. I can't wait for our wedding to happen and we are officially a married couple!

Happily married 🎉

July 14, 2018

2085days 10hrs

Discussions

Bethany
Moores?
Bethany of Wedding fashion, On January 18, 2018 at 20:21

Hello everyone! Tell me about your experiences with Moores for suit/tuxedo rentals! (specifically in Edmonton but I'm open for accross Canada!). Thank you in advance!

Derek, thursday 25-Aug-22 8 1,073
Bethany
Time change?
Bethany of Tech support, On December 4, 2017 at 20:36

Is their a way to put our clocks into mountain view time instead of pacific/eastern time? Lol the countdown clock is messing with me because it's two hours off. I've looked in settings and can't seem...

Lauren, tuesday 31-Aug-21 10 220
Bethany
Best Bachelor/bachelorette Party Ideas in Alberta
Bethany of Alberta, On April 2, 2018 at 23:24

Hello lovely people! Where are you or would you recommend to go for a fun night in Alberta? Doesn't matter where it is! Do you prefer more of a quiet or party atmosphere? Let me know what you think!...

Tessema, sunday 6-Oct-19 8 2,470
Bethany
Let's see your cake toppers!!
Bethany of Wedding reception, On May 16, 2018 at 22:43

Let's see everyone's creativity or taste when it comes to their cake topper! Mine is in the comments below.

Rebecca, wednesday 26-Jun-19 24 343
Bethany
What kind of "cake" would you choose??
Bethany of Wedding Tests, On December 10, 2017 at 13:30

A: traditional cake? B: pie cake? C: cookie cake? D: something unique like a sushi cake? *photo credits to google 😋

Robyn, sunday 4-Nov-18 31 188
Bethany
Enso Rings
Bethany of Wedding fashion, On May 16, 2018 at 22:40

Does anyone else have one of these for work? I absolutely love mine and wear it everywhere! I wear it more than my actual engagement ring. But with my line of work, I can't/really don't want to wear...

Katrina, sunday 12-Aug-18 18 660
Bethany
Where will you be going?
Bethany of Honeymoon, On May 16, 2018 at 22:50

So you're married now (or soon to be).. Where will you be going after your bridal bliss? Tell us in the comments.

Bianca, saturday 2-Jun-18 16 139
Bethany
Type of Bar
Bethany of Plan a wedding, On December 1, 2017 at 09:47

Hey everyone! Just trying to figure out what type of bar is most effective? We would prefer to make our money back on the bar but we are contemplating whether to do a toonie bar or an open bar with a...

Emma, wednesday 23-May-18 27 271
Bethany
Brides of 2018
Bethany of WeddingWire, On November 30, 2017 at 20:52

Who is excited to be married?! Put the date of your wedding, the town you are being married in, your colour scheme, theme, and what you are most excited for! *my answer will be in the comments

Tamara, wednesday 16-May-18 56 373
Bethany
It's an exciting time.. What does everyone have left to plan?
Bethany of Plan a wedding, On April 15, 2018 at 12:45

Hey everyone! Yesterday was my three month mark away from my wedding, so today I am less than three months away! What do you guys have left for planning? On on my list is to make my backdrop, finish...

Lyla, monday 30-Apr-18 19 256
Bethany
What was your inspiration for your theme or decor?
Bethany of Plan a wedding, On April 22, 2018 at 02:06

Show me your inspiration pieces or what you used to come up with the theme or colours of your wedding? Was it a picture, Pinterest, another wedding you've been to, or a book? I'm excited to see your...

Vinod, sunday 29-Apr-18 69 424
Bethany
Hashtag
Bethany of Wedding reception, On March 26, 2018 at 23:27

So ladies I think I came up with my hashtag, not sure if it's too cliché, sounds stupid or not. Let me know what you think (my fiancé really likes How I Met Your Mother and I thought this would tie in...

Jennifer, thursday 29-Mar-18 16 190
Bethany
How much liquor does one buy? More or less?
Bethany of Wedding reception, On March 18, 2018 at 13:03

I have attached the Costco price list for alcohol! My question for you is... If you are having for example 150 people and you know they aren't all going to be drinking, would you just go with the 125...

Jennifer, wednesday 21-Mar-18 11 209
Bethany
The countdown is on! How many days left?!
Bethany of WeddingWire, On March 17, 2018 at 18:47

Hey ladies! I don't know if you use the countdown on this app but I sure do!! How many days do you all have left? I'm down to 119! The big day is coming soon for us all!!

Jen, monday 19-Mar-18 36 282
Bethany
Hashtag # ideas!!
Bethany of Plan a wedding, On January 18, 2018 at 20:24

Hey everyone! I am having a hard time coming up with a hashtag for my fiancé and I! Our names are Claude Dargis and Bethany Stavinga. (And I'll be taking his last name) I tried the Google hashtag...

Bethany, saturday 17-Mar-18 7 118
Bethany
Ceremony music?
Bethany of Wedding ceremony, On December 10, 2017 at 14:08

What songs will you be using when you walk down the aisle? Our pastor asked that we think about the music and who wrote them so we are looking at different options then the traditional music. Thank...

Jessica, monday 29-Jan-18 14 136
Bethany
Chicken or Beef?
Bethany of Plan a wedding, On December 3, 2017 at 13:51

So we are having both! But what kinds is everyone having? Lemon chicken? Roast beef? Chicken cordon bleu? *side note- we are unable to have pork

Vinod, monday 29-Jan-18 9 91
Bethany
Show us your wedding decor colours! Or inspiration!
Bethany of Plan a wedding, On December 10, 2017 at 13:44

Let's see what your colours are! Is your decor rustic/modern? Let's see some pictures! Show us some inspiration!

Vinod, wednesday 24-Jan-18 33 285
Bethany
Musician/singer
Bethany of Wedding ceremony, On January 13, 2018 at 21:14

So how did you all go about getting music for your ceremony? Did you look at videos on their sites? Did you "hold auditions"? I have no idea how to go about doing this step. And tips or tricks would...

Candace, friday 19-Jan-18 5 68
Bethany
What will you be doing your first Christmas married together/engaged together? Or what did you do?
Bethany of Living together, On December 10, 2017 at 14:00

Congratulations to all of you newly weds/engaged couples! Will you be starting some new traditions? Spending time with family or staying in?

Kristine, friday 12-Jan-18 19 112
Bethany
Head table on stage?
Bethany of Wedding reception, On November 27, 2017 at 23:52

What is everyone's opinions on stages for the head table? I'm liking the idea but what would you do?

Vinod, sunday 7-Jan-18 12 544
Bethany
Guest books
Bethany of Wedding reception, On November 27, 2017 at 23:38

What's everyone doing for their guestbooks? i just ordered my photo guest book off of shutterfly with their Black Friday sale! Reminds me of school with our year books and I love to flip through the...

Vinod, thursday 28-Dec-17 26 243
Bethany
Hair?
Bethany of Beauty, On December 10, 2017 at 14:43

What's everyone doing for hair for their wedding? Up, down, half up half down? What are you thinking?

Holly, tuesday 26-Dec-17 36 291
Bethany
Order of tables for the buffet?
Bethany of Wedding reception, On December 20, 2017 at 20:47

Hey everyone! For your dinner buffet, how did you decide the order of who went first? I'm trying to think of creative ways to do this! *we will be first or served not entirely sure yet and our parents...

Stephanie, saturday 23-Dec-17 24 583
Bethany
Bridal Boutique Edmonton Rave/recommendation
Bethany of Alberta, On December 16, 2017 at 23:08

Hey ladies! Just wanted to share how amazing the ladies at Bridal Boutique are! Please let's stay positive in this post as they did such a great thing for me during this past week! So my dress came in...

Bethany, friday 22-Dec-17 4 59
Bethany
Midnight lunch?
Bethany of Wedding reception, On December 10, 2017 at 13:54

What is everyone planning on doing for the midnight lunch? Is the caterer providing a midnight lunch? Are you ordering pizza? Getting subway platters? Sushi? What is everyone thinking?

Michelle, thursday 21-Dec-17 28 2,088
Bethany
Last minute advice? Boudoir shoot!
Bethany of Beauty, On December 14, 2017 at 22:57

Ladies I am seriously getting super nervous but really excited for this thing! I have never done one before but I have an idea of what to do. What's your last minute confident boosters for yourselves?...

Holly, wednesday 20-Dec-17 10 115
Bethany
Modern or traditional?
Bethany of Plan a wedding, On December 10, 2017 at 14:39

Are you a modern or traditional bride/groom? Or do you have many different aspects- a traditional ceremony, modern reception? Let me know what you think!

Holly, wednesday 20-Dec-17 17 110
Bethany
Tipping?
Bethany of Plan a wedding, On November 27, 2017 at 23:58

Who is everyone tipping? I have an idea of who I should- makeup artist, cake baker, caterer, hair stylist? Anyone for the photographer, bartenders, or DJ? What did everyone else do who has had...

Vinod, wednesday 20-Dec-17 25 398
Bethany
Stag and Does/ Jack and Jill
Bethany of Before the wedding, On November 30, 2017 at 20:56

What did you guys wear? We are not planning our event so we are unsure what to expect! I haven't been to one in over three years! Pretty sure they haven't changed but I am unsure what to wear! Let me...

Vinod, tuesday 19-Dec-17 19 1,276
Bethany
Is it bad to not have a videographer?
Bethany of Plan a wedding, On December 4, 2017 at 20:34

Hey everyone! I have been contemplating a videographer but I don't think I can justify to spend that much money when I've already spent quite a bit on my photgrapher and it seems like even the...

Vinod, monday 18-Dec-17 20 150
Bethany
Alcohol Budget
Bethany of Plan a wedding, On November 28, 2017 at 23:57

How much are you ladies budgeting for alcohol? I have a crowd who likes there alcohol! So I want to make sure I have enough (probably 3 kinds of beer, a good white and red wine, rye, rum (spiced and...

Holly, monday 18-Dec-17 20 965

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics