Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethany
Super July 2018 Alberta

Head table on stage?

Bethany, on November 27, 2017 at 23:52 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12
What is everyone's opinions on stages for the head table?
I'm liking the idea but what would you do?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 7, 2018 at 22:45
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A stage wouldn't be our choice of attention. Being rhe level of the guests is easier and the service to be served too.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I really hope it turns out!! I really like the idea of it! People were suggesting the DJ have the stage but I feel like we wouldn't be the centre of attention as we'd be lower on the floor. That and I want to see everyone
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally had enough being at the head table. I wouldn't want to also be on a stage but if that is what you want then you should go for it.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh if it comes with a stage then go ahead and use it! We deffinetalye would be doing that if our venue had a stage!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I actually don't have a picture on me at the moment! But yes it does have a stage! It's a couple different pieces so we could have a smaller stage but I was thinking a 24 foot wide stage (the biggest they have) which is 8 feet deep. With our backdrop behind us. Plus the stage is portable so we could have it anywhere. But I think I'd prefer our head table as opposed to our DJ but what do you think? I don't think a DJ needs a stage but would that help the DJ be more interactive with the guests?
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I respect that! Actually I don't think I wouldn't mind if people were watching me! I guess it depends on the person! I hope my bridal party is comfortable with it!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I was thinking my hall is similar! And I honestly don't mind people watching me eat!! Lol as terrible as that sounds! I kind of want to be able to take a mental picture of everyone there and I think being up there would help! Haha maybe I am being odd saying this but I'm a huge extrovert and would love to see people and for people to see me!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is really cute!! Our hall comes with a stage that is mobile so I think we'd prefer us up on a stage as opposed to the DJ. At least that's my opinion though!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does your reception venue already have a stage, or is this something you'd be renting? Can we see what the space looks like?

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen it done and think it looks cool but I would feel awkward being up that high being watched. It was definitely enough for me to be at the head table being watched throughout dinner, lol.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing it because our room is darker and kinda small so it brings us up above everybody else so that they can see us and we them!

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

something like thisHead table on stage? 1

We wanted to do this but found out the platforms for the stage are too expensive to rent. So we are doing a sweet heart table and then two tables on either side of us and slightly behind for the groomsmen and bridesmaids.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics