Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethany
Super July 2018 Alberta

Guest books

Bethany, on November 27, 2017 at 23:38 Posted in Wedding reception 0 26
What's everyone doing for their guestbooks?
i just ordered my photo guest book off of shutterfly with their Black Friday sale! Reminds me of school with our year books and I love to flip through the pages of pictures and read people messages for us!
Anyways, are you just using a traditional guestbook, a bench, a tree finger stamp photo, hearts in a frame? Feel free to share photos of what you are using/used.

26 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 28, 2017 at 20:14
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Heaven note with guest book

Guest books 1
  • Carole
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Carole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are putter our engagement photos in the middle

Guest books 2
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the idea of one that you can keep in a frame or hang on your wall! I have a few favourites on Etsy but I haven't decided yet!

Guest books 3

Guest books 4
  • Joy
    Beginner July 2018 Ontario
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a sign the Jenga block guestbook
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a finger print people guest book. People used their prints to make little figures or drawings and leave a message.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I went to a wedding last year where the wedding party was taking everyone's picture when they came in and then numbering all the photos, putting them up on a display and then labeling a place in a scrapbook with the corresponding number. You got to write your message under your 'spot' in the guestbook and the bride and groom glued them in later. This way, everyone got to see the pictures on display and then they went to be used for the guestbook later on.

• Ap2017
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used chalk markers to do our names and wedding date, but with how long they take to dry before they are safe from smudging, I decided to go with silver and gold sharpies for the guests to use since the risk of smudging was lower. It looks great though with the gold stand!

• Amanda
    Newbie May 2018 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're going to do a polaroid guestbook as well. I'm thinking I'm going to pre-glue the little photo corners in various layouts and angles and people can pick which page they want to write on depending how big their message is going to be. That way you can save their time by them not having to figure out how to stick them or messing up your pages with sticky glue fingers LOL! It might backfire though with pages in the middle being left blank. I'm also open to suggestions from any other brides reading this thread! Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will! He should hopefully have it done for us soon then I'll post it Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are estimating about 125 guests so we are thinking 2 med-large frames and they are fairly cheap too. As a guest book I will never look at again vs something that I will see something every day hung up in my house and have a picture from our special day Smiley smile
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I actually have a photo album that you can put pictures in and has the spot where you can write it! You could look into it! That way you don't have to worry about glue or tape. Definitely sounds like a great idea!
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a Polaroid guest book. Haven’t worked out how we want to do it though. I was thinking of having guests glue/tape their picture in a book and writing something next to it but I’ve had a few people say that it might look messy if people are putting their own pictures in and that we should just collect the pictures and glue them in ourselves later. If we do this though they don’t really get a chance to write anything ..
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh the wood idea sounds amazing!! Especially since you guys have the wood working business, it adds a bit of sentimental value! Very cute!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's a good idea! How many frames are you planning on getting? One big one or multiple small/medium ones?
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is cute! I would contemplate that but I just am afraid that there will be too many people and not enough room, if you know what I mean? Hope it turns out for you!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very cute!! I was contemplating this idea! Hope it turned out for you! Looks really good!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very cute! Did you use chalk markers or how did it work? Like how did you make it so that the names didn't come off?
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that is super cute!! I love the heart idea too. When you have it, you should post a picture just so we can see how it turns out! That idea looks amazing though!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's valid!! For some reason I love reading old messages people write. My old yearbooks, I love to check them out! Totally understand about the cards!
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are back and forth between Polaroid photo book that guests take their photo and sign beside it, a wooden sign similar to the tree thumbprint but with full signatures or doing the large wooden letter people sign and put it on the wall. My fiancé could make out wooden letter as we have a small business in custom wood working, but do like the book idea too..

Guest books 5

Guest books 6
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting white picture frames from Micheal's and having guests sign those, instead of the book itself.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is what we are planning on doing. And then I figure I can use it as a decoration and hang it somewhere.

Guest books 7
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was ours. We chose a canvas so that way we could hang it in our home and we will see it every day as opposed to a guestbook we may never look at again

Guest books 8
  • Ap2017
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was ours. I don't have a picture of it filled out because I keep forgetting to take one, lol.

Guest books 9

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We opted for a canvas with a picture of us from our e-session. Our photographer is going to add little hearts on it so that people can write their names on it Smiley smile

Kinda like this..

Guest books 10

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided against a guest book for our wedding because my FH and I never remember signing a guest book at any of the weddings we have been to. Plus we figured that we would receive cards from everyone that we will keep anyways!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics