Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethany
Super July 2018 Alberta

What was your inspiration for your theme or decor?

Bethany, on April 22, 2018 at 02:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 69
Show me your inspiration pieces or what you used to come up with the theme or colours of your wedding? Was it a picture, Pinterest, another wedding you've been to, or a book?
I'm excited to see your answers!

69 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on April 29, 2018 at 11:31
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Each vase was filled with coloured beads based on the pride flag

What was your inspiration for your theme or decor? 1
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our theme was modern pride vibrant yet elegant.

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both of our personalities inspired our theme but the venue space will inspire the accent decor. We have a floor to ceiling stone fireplace as our sweetheart table back drop ☺️
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know if I had a specific inspiration.

I guess our venue sort of dictated our decor. it's a vintage 1920s manor that has loads of stone walls, dark wood, chandeliers, a gorgeous marble stair case and stained glass. We didn't need a lot of decor and a lot of what I mentioned can be fairly 'heavy'. This made me think I wanted lighter colours for everything else to off balance this.

I was also inspired by the fact, the day I met my FH he was wearing a light grey suit and I just remember thinking he was the most beautiful man I'd ever seen. So I wanted him in a light grey suit.

So between those things.. we ended up with a classic, simple vintage feel with light yellows and greys.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooooo that sounds nice! Will you be using the gold and plum runners on every table or are you alternating? I don’t think it’ll be too much should look very romantic!
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes they are. I know it is crazy how expensive as soon as wedding is mentioned you can add more money to it. In total for ceremony reception and food I believe we will be sitting at 5000. Which is a hard to handle. When your budget is 11000 that is half the budget.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Emily! I forgot to ask you, are you just going to be taking cuttings off of the evergreens or are you going to have seedlings?
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally know what you mean! Are those in Calgary? I think this is definitely a great choice! So classy! Weddings are so expensive! Especially as soon as the word wedding comes up.. It seems like the price goes up ridiculously. I definitely love budget friendly options. My reception site costed me $300 for the weekend. But like I said it's super simple so I spent a bunch extra for my decor.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw so gorgeous! Did you find it hard to chose your venue? Haha sorry sent a comment right before you commented
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was hard honestly because we are paying for it ourselves we wanted the most bang for or buck. We initially wanted to get married at sait however it was way out of budget. My fiancé doesn’t agree with how much weddings should be so this was a good compromise. I think I saw at least 4 before we new this was the venue.
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The barn is old charming. It is beautiful. This is where the reception will be. And the ceremony will be at this house.

What was your inspiration for your theme or decor? 2

What was your inspiration for your theme or decor? 3
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    And was it hard to choose a venue or did you have that one in mind from the beginning? I found that process super easy but my venue is very simple.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it is and I feel like it pairs with just about anything. And okay I'll have to look into that! By the way, for your venue: is it one of those old charming barns or is it more modern? I so wanted a wedding at my fiancé's family farm but they don't have a barn (just shops that aren't appropriate). And we were worried about rain so we just settled for pictures at the farm.
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is cool I like baby’s breath it is simple but put it with the right flower and it is amazing. Honestly I looked on wedding wire then what I did was I had a budget then that really narrowed it down and then I googled them. I had it down to two and it was just what I wanted. I wanted something more natural. My florist is chickweed florists she is amazing. When I had the meeting it was just so easy and it was like talking with a friend. I gave her a lot of room and I just told her this is the look this is my dress and too have fun.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome! I'm not entirely sure! I really like baby's breath, and hydrangeas, I am not super good with names of flowers. They would mostly probably be in purples and whites. I think baby's breath is a super common in weddings these days. How did you go about finding a florist? I have some fake flowers but I want some real ones for the ceremony and for going into the hall.
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I found an amazing florist. I new I didn’t want to attempt my bouquet however I new I could handle the centrepieces. Having the florist is costing money but it was important for my fiancé so we just made it into the budget. What type of flowers are you thinking about?
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that sounds really pretty!! And it's awesome that you have your succulents tied in with your bouquet! Are you growing your flowers too or just getting them from a florist? They sound so pretty! I am contemplating getting some of my flowers from Costco but I'm unsure.
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiancé doesn’t know this but I will have the matching succulent that is in his boutonnière. My bouquet will have eucalyptus with some wild flowers and some English roses, the colours will have burgundy with blue yellow and white. While my girls will have eucalyptus with white flowers. I wanted the contrast with them. And too do something different.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's good! Yeah I will definitely have to take a look! That's awesome! Will you be having succulents in your bouquet too?
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Michaels has the bags of moss. The succulents worked out to being $2 for the little and between $5-10 for the bigger ones. Because we have a year we can get away with doing a lot of little ones and just a couple bigger ones. I got all the containers from michaels when they had their 50% off coupons.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's awesome! Yeah I'm not even sure where to get moss. Would Michaels have some? Were the succulents expensive? If you don't mind me asking.
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We found a greenhouse that will supply them we just have to keep them alive for a year. I have been playing around with having eucalyptus for the head table. Haven’t fully thought about it. Moss is awesome I love the look and texture of them
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's awesome! Is it hard to grow them? I'm trying to figure out what type of greens to use for my tables, not sure if I want moss or an actual plant.
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are going to be primarily succulents. So lots of green my girls are wearing blue so it will be a nice contrast in colour. I’m all about the contrast. Some of the succulents will be burgundy. We shall see what colour they turn out. We are planting and growing them ourselves as we have time.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah you definitely don't want too much going on in there! What colours are you incorporating into your centrepieces?
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Keeping it super simple. The barn says a lot in itself I don’t want to add anything to it to take away it’s charm. The only thing I’m adding is just the centrepieces that is pretty much it.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that's awesome! I love barns! They make it so pretty! Will you have a lot of lights, wood and such or will you keep it basic and have the venue show off its characteristics for your decor?
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s very rustic. This place has old buildings so it has that vintage feel to it. Our reception will be in a barn. And if it rains instead of getting married outside it would be in a barn.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh nice! What kind of theme does that entail? I'm not familiar with the venue.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that sounds beautiful! Will you have dancing lessons to do their dance at the end of the movie? And oh is your dress all gold or just gold accents? I love to hear about other people's ideas! Lol
  • Mandy
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My inspiration was my venue. I’m getting married at Heritage Park in Calgary and I just went with that. Also I new what type of dress I wanted so that helped as well.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve always loved beauty and the beast. We were debating between that and an “all of time and space theme” but with the new b&b movie, we thought it would be fun. So my dress is a lot of gold, hubby is wearing a dark blue suit, we’ve got a “magic mirror”, and our colours are going to be cranberry, dusty blue and gold.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics