Vancouver, British Columbia · From April 2019

Happily married 🎉

August 18, 2018

2049days 9hrs

Discussions

Lynnie
Shoes - where did you buy yours?
Lynnie, On April 11, 2019 at 15:04

Where did you find your wedding shoes? Did you shop in-store or online? Share your shoes and where you got them! 👠 Photo by Stephanie Tudin Photography in Toronto ...

Donna Yeung, wednesday 13-Jul-22 35
Kelly
Question about wedding dresses
Kelly, On May 28, 2019 at 12:05

Assuming the wedding dresses are not on sale in a boutique, and the dress qualities are all very much alike. Would you spend more money to get a designer's brand or less on a non-designer brand (or a...

Erin, friday 31-May-19 13
Sharlene
Facial, peel or other
Sharlene, On May 28, 2019 at 13:05

I am considering getting either a microdermabrasion facial, oxygen facial or a chemical peel. I have brown spots and would like to get rid of them or make them less noticeable. Does anyone have...

Amanda, wednesday 29-May-19 6
Kate
Ladies- hair up or down with dress?! Wedding in 28 days
Kate, On May 17, 2019 at 20:50

I had a trial with hair up, but at my last fitting today I wore my hair down and fell in love with the look. I need some objective opinions! thanks girls!!!

Lily, monday 6-Apr-20 28
Skylor
Wedding Dress Sizes
Skylor, On May 14, 2019 at 11:35

Hello All, I have an appointment at David's bridal in August to start looking for my wedding dress. I have been doing some research online and keep coming across this idea that wedding dresses run...

Yami, sunday 12-Jun-22 12
Hailey
Dress alterations ! help
Hailey, On May 14, 2019 at 09:57

I bought my dress from an outlet, and I do love it. But the more I look at it the more I'm worried about the color. Is the underlay too dark? Is it possible to fix that in alterations? Any opinions or...

Dani, tuesday 17-Dec-19 20
Veronica
Wedding date Makeup???
Veronica, On May 10, 2019 at 09:52

Ladies... My day is fast approaching June 15, 2019, in Toronto, ON I am just going over all my bookings and was wondering if I should do airbrush makeup rather than just regular. I did Regular makeup...

Candace, tuesday 14-May-19 10
Michael
I'm looking for Dimmable string lights
Michael, On May 10, 2019 at 13:46

Has anyone had success finding string lights (patio or Edison style) that are also be dimmable? Most LED's say they are not dimmable. We have attended a wedding previously and sometime the LED string...

Jennifer, thursday 27-Apr-23 6
Kelly
bbq Shower
Kelly, On May 10, 2019 at 16:25

Hi Friends! My parents are hosting a couple's shower for my fiance and I at the end of June. The theme is "I do bbq". Decor is not my mom's forte, so she was kinda asking what we wanted. When I google...

Allison, monday 13-May-19 4
T
Bridesmaid gifts
Taylor, On May 10, 2019 at 14:17

I am doing bracelets and pjs for my bridesmaids gifts but I want to add one more thing..any suggestions??

Bianca, tuesday 21-May-19 8
Allison
Wedding Guest Attire
Allison, On May 10, 2019 at 15:19

Hey! I have a wedding to attend at the beginning of June, and I am just wondering how 'out-of-season' I may look. I have a cute, black, v-neck, cocktail length dress *it has been hemmed so it is all...

Amanda, wednesday 29-May-19 15
Joey
All about catering - How are you handling any allergies and special diets?
Joey, On May 6, 2019 at 08:05

This week we're talking about food, glorious food! Finally, perhaps the trickiest part of catering a wedding is dealing with special dietary needs. Whether it's diets, allergies, kids menus, or other...

Danielle, tuesday 17-Sep-19 30
Lynnie
Spring Bouquets - Which one is your favourite?
Lynnie, On May 10, 2019 at 11:05

Which spring bouquet is your favourite? 💐 A) Photo by Laura Kelly Photography in Ottawa B) Photo from Elle Weddings in Vancouver C) Photo from Wine Country Floral Weddings & Events in Grimsby, ON...

Shyrelle, tuesday 21-May-19 23
Lynnie
What style earrings will you wear with your wedding dress?
Lynnie, On March 28, 2019 at 13:05

Have you decided on your wedding day jewellery? What style earrings will you wear? Simple studs, statement earrings, something long and dangly?? Photo by Scade Photography in Edmonton Photo by Anna...

Donna Yeung, friday 10-May-19 25
Janaya
Bridal shower.. help!
Janaya, On April 11, 2019 at 12:36

Hello lovely ladies i'm about to start the plans for my bridal shower that my mother will be hosting..(Im helping her plan it a little because we have completely opposite taste) **is it better to have...

Donna Yeung, thursday 9-May-19 19
Melissa
Forest Wedding Ceremony
Melissa, On January 11, 2019 at 18:08

Hello everyone! I live in the lower mainland in BC, and I'm looking for suggestions. Me and my fiance want a ceremony in the forest. We've been looking for wedding venues that have a more forest...

Donna Yeung, thursday 9-May-19 8 1
Andi
What is a decent budget for a wedding?
Andi, On April 15, 2019 at 16:09

First time getting married and well... I have no idea where to start. What are easy ways to get the ball rolling? Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated 😊 Also budget is my biggest concern

Donna Yeung, thursday 9-May-19 9
A
Venues in bc that allow outside catering
Anu, On December 2, 2018 at 18:30

Hi does anyone know of venues in BC that allow outside catering? Thanks

Seleena, monday 13-May-19 8
L
Booking Our Venue
Lyndsay, On May 8, 2019 at 12:48

Good Afternoon, My Fiance and I will be booking our Reception Venue tonight. Are there any questions that I should ask that you didn't think to ask before booking? We've already met with the Manager...

Donna Yeung, thursday 9-May-19 10
TeamDNA
Church Decorations
TeamDNA, On May 8, 2019 at 12:57

Hey everyone, Did anyone or does anyone plan to decorate at the church? Our ceremony will only be about 30 minutes but im stuck on whether or not to decorate. When we had our meeting, they said there...

TeamDNA, tuesday 14-May-19 15
Cindy
D.j. backed out...playlist Options?
Cindy, On May 8, 2019 at 22:42

My wedding party has been planning a stag and doe and the DJ backed out. It's in a week and a half. So we decided maybe to just use a playlist. I know people have gone this route for their wedding so...

RayChance, wednesday 22-May-19 14
Sarah
Photography is so expensive..
Sarah, On May 9, 2019 at 11:25

I knew it was expensive but the prices I’m seeing are $3500... to start.. are people really paying this much for photos?? I expected something in the $1500 range and thought that was...

Cassie, sunday 12-May-19 21
Robyn
Very late engagement photos!
Robyn, On May 6, 2019 at 11:14

Guys, I am soooo excited! Yesterday, we finally had our "engagement" photo shoot (we've been engaged since last September). Our photographer sent us a few sneak peaks and I am so happy with them I...

Terri, friday 10-May-19 41
Joey
All about catering - Name your serving style
Joey, On May 6, 2019 at 08:05

This week we're talking about food, glorious food! What serving style have you chosen for your wedding dinner? Plated? Photo by Kiss the Cook Catering in Toronto Buffet? Photo by Uptown Chefs Catering...

Kayla, wednesday 3-Nov-21 40
M
French macarons box
Mary, On May 4, 2019 at 20:00

Hi everyone. Any suggestions where I can get clear boxes to put my French macarons in? The place where I’m gonna order the French macarons doesn’t carry clear boxes. So, I need to get them separately....

Donna Yeung, wednesday 8-May-19 5
R
Where do our guests go?
Riana, On May 7, 2019 at 22:29

We are having trouble figuring out where our guests should go when they arrive at the venue. Weather permitting, the ceremony will be outside, beside the reception hall. Should we have the doors to...

Vinod, wednesday 8-May-19 6
N
Last minute little details!
Nadine, On May 7, 2019 at 23:31

Hey everyone!! I’m down to the last 3 months!!!!! With that being said I feel like I have mostly all the important details in place, but I know I must be forgetting some small important details. What...

Nadine, thursday 9-May-19 10
Sonia
When do you get your wedding cake?
Sonia, On May 5, 2019 at 11:35

I need to know when you order your wedding cake? wedding is July 11,2020 my sister told me 9 months. She keeps telling me relax there is lots of time. But me and time do not get a long. And need to...

Sonia, monday 16-Sep-19 15
Kaila
Wedding Shower Gift
Kaila, On May 8, 2019 at 10:52

Hi there, I am in my friends wedding and I am trying to figure out a unique gift for her. I dont want to do her registry. I would rather put together a basket of things or something like that. Help me...

Leanne, thursday 16-May-19 14
Seleena
West Coast Wedding Favours
Seleena, On February 27, 2019 at 14:27

I have lived in BC going on 3 years. All of our guests are flying from Ontario. I really want to give them all wedding favours that reflect the west coast (and ideally something they can take back on...

Donna Yeung, wednesday 8-May-19 10
Kelly
Dressing shopping online
Kelly, On May 7, 2019 at 04:39

Thoughts about buying a dress online? I have found the dress that I absolutely love, however its only available online and i haven't been able to find anything similar in any dress salons.

Allison, wednesday 8-May-19 13
Carolina
Wedding day makeup 💄
Carolina, On May 7, 2019 at 14:07

Hello ladies! My friend will be doing my makeup for my wedding. Does anyone have any suggestions of products they love or tricks? Like a good setting spray or waterproof mascara that has worked for...

Donna Yeung, wednesday 8-May-19 15

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics