Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonia
Beginner November 2020 Alberta

When do you get your wedding cake?

Sonia, on May 5, 2019 at 11:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
I need to know when you order your wedding cake?
wedding is July 11,2020

my sister told me 9 months. She keeps telling me relax there is lots of time. But me and time do not get a long. And need to make sure everything is done before the months just fly by.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Sonia, on September 16, 2019 at 16:58
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey cake is yummy! My fiancé and I tried this coffee cupcake with caramel frosting. We are thinking of that to be a layer in the cake. But I said it’s just for me 😂
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can get the cake anytime! my friend got her wedding cake from metro and it took one week it was amazing beautiful and SOOOO delish! her cake was devoured at her wedding HAHHA i may or may not have had more than once slice HAHAHA

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We went with a really small bakery in Maple, Ontario! Which is close to our venue.
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Who did you book with?
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sonia,

All the cake tastings I went to, they were taking tastings for the following year in the fall when wedding high season is over. I had an August wedding, and started booking all the tastings in September/October and made a deposit in November. I think it depends if your baker is super popular. If you find a baker that's not super high in demand then you can probably get one in the beginning of the year. But why risk it right if you have someone specific in mind?

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m geyting married August 3 and I ordered my cake last week. That being said, we won’t be serving the cake to our guests at the wedding. It’s only for the cake cutting ceremony and for our family when we open gifts the next day.

Now I started calling around about two months ago to popular bakeries in the city and because my wedding is on a popular long weekend, many were already full booked. It wasn’t a big deal for us bc like I said, we aren’t serving cake to our guests. We are having a 5 course plated meal and there will be a chocolate fountain after the meal. It seemed like a waste to give guests cake after 5 courses.

If you’re going to be ordering a large and extravagant cake, I’d start contacting earlier, like your sister suggested. That way you are ahead of the game.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We might be considered early but we’re trying to get locked in to all of the 2019 pricing to save a bit of money Smiley smile

we got a pretty good deal on a two tier tier cake with 150 cupcakes.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am getting married July 18, 2020 as well

I haven't even started looking at cakes, I guess I should start Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say it all depends on how extravagant of a cake you are looking for. For example, my wedding is just under 5 months away and I don't have a cake set up yet! lol, with that being said - I would be fine with a cake from Safeway or something because I don't really care...

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're stressing about it just get it done! Worked for me!

We found a person pretty early (person who did the cake at my friends wedding) and we did the tasting pretty early too! Finalized details and now I'll just follow up with her before the wedding!

Hire who ever you want as early as you want! Just follow up with them from time to time to ensure nothing has changed!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bakers can book up surprisingly quickly! I booked mine by 8 months before, which was stipulated in her contract for weddings. It definitely wouldn't hurt to contact bakers now and get quotes before they all book up!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't realize how far in advance you needed to order your cake or book someone anyway! I went to a bridal show found someone I liked tried to book them and they were booked this was 9 months before my wedding. I would suggest to start quoting people now and book, when you book make sure that the prices won't change or increase though.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

True to agree with Casey. Start researching now before you have to pay a fortune and regret making more calls ahead of time. Get quotes and what kind of cake with # of tiers and deposit required with time notice to give.

From the beginning of deciding of the cake, it was the baker in town that gave me a fair price and got an idea of what we wanted following the invitation pattern provided by me. Over time, we came to a middle ground and assorted pastries after trying many choices from her family bakery. This was the final result and from the original colour/pattern. The dog paws was our way of having our dog Peanut

When do you get your wedding cake? 1

being there in our hearts.

When do you get your wedding cake? 2

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married July 18, 2020 and my cake is booked.

I would suggest booking now. Our baker is already booking up for next year!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, I would say start searching now. It’s never to early to contact some bakers and get prices or have tastings.
    We are just under 5 months away from our wedding, if I didn’t have a client who makes cakes, I would be SOL! Every other person I have contacted ( really just doing it to compare prices) has been busy or hasn’t gotten back to me.
    Make a list and start contacting some, but you don’t need to rush.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics