Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

bbq Shower

Kelly, on May 10, 2019 at 16:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 4

Hi Friends!

My parents are hosting a couple's shower for my fiance and I at the end of June. The theme is "I do bbq". Decor is not my mom's forte, so she was kinda asking what we wanted. When I google for ideas, I'm hit with over the top red and white gingham kind of bbq/picnic decor.

What are some ways we can make this look more chic, but still a pretty casual backyard bbq? I wanted to put up string lights, but that's kind of pointless for a mid-afternoon party. Pretty sure the bridal party is going to spearhead the decor, so it would be nice to give them some pictures for suggestions.

Also, my mom went a bought paper plates and napkins from costco which are this super loud floral pattern, so if it works with that, bonus!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on May 13, 2019 at 09:44
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on the super loud floral pattern, you could pair it with a Hawaiian Luau theme (Palm tree leave s, Hibiscus flowers, tropical drinks, etc.).

If you're looking for something more shower/wedding themed, like Tori said get some balloons/decor with the engaged/bride theme.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally check out stores like party city or something along that line and focus more on the I Do part than bbq theme.
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kelly,

Since your mom already purchased some utensils that have a loud floral pattern. Perhaps you can have a colorful theme? I was thinking maybe a couple bunches balloons with the same color palette as the florals and maybe have some drinks that go with it? See link for some picture ideas I found on this site. You can probably find a bunch of this stuff on etsy, amazon or I definitely know Target sells them but they are in the USA.

https://www.partycity.com/pi-aloha-pineapple-party-ideas.html

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about getting some balloons to make it look all engagement party-ish? Like perhaps the engagement ring balloon:

bbq Shower 1

or you could try the Love balloon:

bbq Shower 2

You could also see what there is at PartyStuff or PartyCity?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics