Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Beginner May 2019 Ontario

Question about wedding dresses

Kelly, on May 28, 2019 at 12:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13

Assuming the wedding dresses are not on sale in a boutique, and the dress qualities are all very much alike. Would you spend more money to get a designer's brand or less on a non-designer brand (or a lesser known brand)?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on May 31, 2019 at 20:14
  • Erin
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am a self-proclaimed label girl and I would spend more for a more reputable brand. I have noticed a HUGE difference in quality in dresses based on $$.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tbh I have no clue who designed my dress.. I just love it hah

• Michelle
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To me, the actual designer name didn't matter at all. BUT, I would say that when I started trying on dresses, I noticed a big difference in quality, which at the end of the day was important to me, because higher quality looked much better. My dress is Essence of Australia. But get whatever YOU love, brand or not.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have to agree with everyone else in saying that at the end of the day no one will know by sight who designed your dress so it's not worth the extra $$.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the quality was the same, then no, a designer isn't important. My dress is a lesser-known designer (Kenneth Winston) and that doesn't change how I feel about it.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To me, the designer never mattered.

I didn't walk into a dress appointment saying " I want this designer, and not that one" I focused more on the dress than who designed it. I wanted to get that "bride" feeling, and a dress that I enjoyed. I think it also helps that I am not a materialistic person at all.

• Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think the label matters really. You’re wearing it one day and chances are you’re the only one that will know what label it is. Just pick one that you like and feel and look amazing in. That’s all that matters.
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely lesser known brand. Honestly, no one is going to know that you are walking down in a Vera Wang or Zuhair Murad dress. Unless of course you work in the fashion industry and everyone you have invited knows the brands off the top of their heads. it also depends on how much you are willing to spend and iff money is an issue. For me, it was a dress I was going to wear for about 10 hours, wasn't planning on keeping it so I went with a cheaper option.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure would spend less!! Label means nothing to me - I'm the type of person that doesn't understand those who buy a designer purse... your purse costs more than the cash you carry in it!!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me it was honestly just the look! I had a few designers in mind that I LOVED! But if I found a dress that was similar for less money why not! No one asked who the designer was TBH! And I cannot tell you how impressed people were when I told them my wedding shoes were $17 and my veil was $16!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As long as you love the dress and how you look, who cares who the designer is? No one will know except you if it is a pricey designer or less expensive brand...

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't even know the designer of my dress when I tried it on.

Honestly ignore the labels. Set your budget, focus on what your ideal dress looks and feels like.

I think that is way more important than designer. It's what you feel like a bride in. If it happens to be a specific designer cool, and if not cool too!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would spend less for sure. I have never been a label person, I could not care less who the designer is

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics